Android Phones

zipping

Wanna solicit some advice and suggestion:

I can recontract this month, and am interested to know which phone is best value for money now. Have always been using Samsung's S or Note series, but also realise that Samsung's flagship phones have become very expensive over the last few years, and their values drop very quickly, so is not really value for money...

Am very used to Android, so will prefer to stick with it, but wonder whether there are other better buys or not...

Anyone got good advice/suggestion?

tks...

Local version Xiaomi pocophone f1.

Oneplus 6t.

Xiaomi mi mix 3 is currently xiaomi top phone.

But all these 3 phones are not commonly available for recontact. So check with your own telco.

Pixel 3 is not cheap and local support is bit dubious last I heard for pixel one.

More info must read hwz.

Huawei p20 Pro or mate 20 Pro maybe available. But Im not convinced about the way huawei prices their newest products compared to oneplus or xiaomi. They deliberately setting it high so to give the impression of quality. U may face a bigger depreciation compared to Samsung even.

All have their 长处缺点。

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I can recontract this month, and am interested to know which phone is best value for money now. Have always been using Samsung's S or Note series, but also realise that Samsung's flagship phones have become very expensive over the last few years, and their values drop very quickly, so is not really value for money...

Am very used to Android, so will prefer to stick with it, but wonder whether there are other better buys or not...

tks...

Personally...Sim oni plans + Xiaomi

• Praise 3

tks...

Hv a look at huawei. Currently one of the phones out there. Cameras r superb as well. Jus bought a mate20 during the 11.11 online starhub sale. Only $11 fm original price of 100+.

Cheaper than samsung but with on par specs.

• Praise 3

Hv a look at huawei. Currently one of the phones out there. Cameras r superb as well. Jus bought a mate20 during the 11.11 online starhub sale. Only $11 fm original price of 100+.

i agree huawei phones are very good. But it's flagship product at flagship price. And their pricing is the same as samsung.

Note 9 launch is 1398. mate 20 pro is 1348.

Atrecord's thing is that he is looking down the value chain to find more value rather than the true flagship product.

So going down the chain, it has to be xiaomi vs oneplus.

And however good huawei phones are, they depreciate faster than samsung phones. Just checking the trade in prices and selling prices of their older models is evident. I did consider strongly consider p20p before getting my s9+.

i agree huawei phones are very good. But it's flagship product at flagship price. And their pricing is the same as samsung.

Atrecord's thing is that he is looking down the value chain to find more value rather than the true flagship product.

And however good huawei phones are, they depreciate faster than samsung phones. Just checking the trade in prices and selling prices of their older models is evident. I did consider strongly consider p20p before getting my s9+.

oh ok...to b honest, i didnt check the phone price. reason i got it was bcos of the promo n cos i can recontract. 

another brand worth to look at is honor. huawei's sister brand. really value for money as well. bought for both my kids, n am quite impressed with the phones for now.at the price range, i would go for honor instead of xiaomi...except mayb the pocophone.

oh ok...to b honest, i didnt check the phone price. reason i got it was bcos of the promo n cos i can recontract. 

another brand worth to look at is honor. huawei's sister brand. really value for money as well. bought for both my kids, n am quite impressed with the phones for now.at the price range, i would go for honor instead of xiaomi...except mayb the pocophone.

I dunno much about Honor TBH. Cos i mostly watch overseas review and focus on flagship or near flagship products.

The chinese market is very competitive. 

Quite a few xiaomi phones in our immediate family. Lol the kids can get hand me down phones in future. Not now anyway.

Hi all..Any views on Oppo R17? I’m considering a Sim only plan and buying a Oppo, Huawei or Xiaomi from their shops. Current using iphone 7+, thought of switching to andriod

Noticed that there are not many people buying the OPPO Find X even though it's a full screen phone with a hidden camera.

Local version Xiaomi pocophone f1.

Oneplus 6t.

Xiaomi mi mix 3 is currently xiaomi top phone.

But all these 3 phones are not commonly available for recontact. So check with your own telco.

Pixel 3 is not cheap and local support is bit dubious last I heard for pixel one.

More info must read hwz.

Huawei p20 Pro or mate 20 Pro maybe available. But Im not convinced about the way huawei prices their newest products compared to oneplus or xiaomi. They deliberately setting it high so to give the impression of quality. U may face a bigger depreciation compared to Samsung even.

All have their 长处缺点。

OK tks.

Wife is away for 3 wk, so i'm kinda busy at the moment, and didn't realise it's already the last weekend of Nov, plus it's Sitex... [sweatdrop]

I'm on SingTel and indeed doesn't have Xiaomi for recontract [bigcry]

which will leave me with huawei and Samsung only, it seems...

i'll try to check the prices of the phones at mobilesquare for comparison to get an idea of the price (and maybe value/depreciation). I think Note 9 value has dropped markedly from the launch 2 mth ago, so maybe it's now not so unattractive anymore? But of course, the other consideration is if i want to trade it in or sell off after 1-2 year, what't the value of it at that time?

Like the Note 5 that I tried to sell off early this year, could only fetch like $200... so end up i keep it as spare phone... But cannot keep so many spare phones also [laugh]

Any idea whether Huawei has any obvious advantage over Samsung. I find my samsungs the batt life all starts to go significantly worse off starting from the 10-11 mth point onwards.

camera wise, which phone is better now huh?

huh... huawei depreciates even more (and faster?) than samsung??

then sian already... i'm looking to recontract with singtel, not many choices liao leh...

Personally...Sim oni plans + Xiaomi

what's this sim only? i'm on singtel combo plan, eligible for recontract. Can change to sim only?

singtel doesn't have xiaomi it seems...

oh, you have used both huawei and samsung?

can share what's so good with the camera? I've not used huawei before, but keeps hearing about it lately, so am now exploring it...

• Praise 1

Hi all..Any views on Oppo R17? Iâm considering a Sim only plan and buying a Oppo, Huawei or Xiaomi from their shops. Current using iphone 7+, thought of switching to andriod

Value for money ... the selfie very good too.

• Praise 2

OK tks.

Wife is away for 3 wk, so i'm kinda busy at the moment, and didn't realise it's already the last weekend of Nov, plus it's Sitex... [sweatdrop]

i'll try to check the prices of the phones at mobilesquare for comparison to get an idea of the price (and maybe value/depreciation). I think Note 9 value has dropped markedly from the launch 2 mth ago, so maybe it's now not so unattractive anymore? But of course, the other consideration is if i want to trade it in or sell off after 1-2 year, what't the value of it at that time?

Like the Note 5 that I tried to sell off early this year, could only fetch like $200... so end up i keep it as spare phone... But cannot keep so many spare phones also [laugh]

Any idea whether Huawei has any obvious advantage over Samsung. I find my samsungs the batt life all starts to go significantly worse off starting from the 10-11 mth point onwards.

then sian already... i'm looking to recontract with singtel, not many choices liao leh...

what's this sim only? i'm on singtel combo plan, eligible for recontract. Can change to sim only?

can share what's so good with the camera? I've not used huawei before, but keeps hearing about it lately, so am now exploring it...

SIM oni plans......mobile lines plan that doesn't comes w a handphone....

all e telcos hav it,...ST, SH, M1, CL, MR, Zero1....etc

Once your current contract ends....can just sign-up a SIM oni plan, can port ur number over also.

• Praise 2

OK tks.

Huawei vs Samsung camera.

Both are very good. Huawei in some aspects is probably class leading.

Its just different taste of what you like. Heavy flavours or less savory flavour.

Hi all..Any views on Oppo R17? I’m considering a Sim only plan and buying a Oppo, Huawei or Xiaomi from their shops. Current using iphone 7+, thought of switching to andriod

Saw this Oppo R17 at the shop, the phone screen is big and yet the phone is quite light. 

• Praise 1

Hi all..Any views on Oppo R17? Iâm considering a Sim only plan and buying a Oppo, Huawei or Xiaomi from their shops. Current using iphone 7+, thought of switching to andriod

I dunno much about oppo. But generally speaking their phones don't have the highest end snapdragon processor. So it would be classified as a mid range phone. Then u should compare with the midrange phone prices.

How much is a r17 locally?

I switched my wife from ip6 to xiaomi mi 8.

Maybe a xiaomi mi mix 2 (outgoing older high spec model) may represent good value if u want a big screen.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I dunno much about oppo. But generally speaking their phones don't have the highest end snapdragon processor. So it would be classified as a mid range phone. Then u should compare with the midrange phone prices.

How much is a r17 locally?

I switched my wife from ip6 to xiaomi mi 8.

Maybe a xiaomi mi mix 2 (outgoing older high spec model) may represent good value if u want a big screen.

r17 is at $699 at Oppo shop. Yes, i want a bigger screen, will check out on Xiaomi mi mix 2. Thanks Lala81

Saw this Oppo R17 at the shop, the phone screen is big and yet the phone is quite light.

Yes, it is. I went to see Huawei phones, I find that the phones were rather heated up in the showroom. Could be the batteries

Value for money ... the selfie very good too.

• Praise 1

r17 is at $699 at Oppo shop. Yes, i want a bigger screen, will check out on Xiaomi mi mix 2. Thanks Lala81

Yes, it is. I went to see Huawei phones, I find that the phones were rather heated up in the showroom. Could be the batteries

Yeah, don’t want to pay so much for a phone

Wanted to change to android so that I can put dual Sim, and my iphone 7+ the value still quite ok

that's expensive for the specs. I won't bother. U can get flagship phone already.

Big screen, the Mi Mix 2 and 2S are big. But they only have internal memory. The ones on discount are all 64gb internal storage.

This black friday weekend, xiaomi mi8 6gb ram + 128gb internal memory is at $599 on lazada official xiaomi store. I got it at $640 in Like september. So this is a fair deal.

If u don't need NFC, u can step down to xiaomi pocophone F1. 

Not sure about dual sim though since i don't use it. Do check out yourself.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1