• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic | 140 praises

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

God bless him.  Real big heart in doing his part for the needy.

In cool weather, restaurant owner delivers blankets to those sleeping on the streets in Chinatown
1 of 2
dummy.gif
Mr Francis Ng (left) delivering a blanket to carpenter Chua Yong Sia, 61, who has been sleeping homeless in Chinatown for the last few years.PHOTO: LIM MIN ZHANG
PUBLISHED
5 HOURS AGO
UPDATED
43 MIN AGO

SINGAPORE - While many are sleeping comfortably at home in the cool weather, some people spending the night on the streets get by without a blanket.

The sight of an old man in Chinatown shivering while trying to sleep moved Mr Francis Ng to action last week.

Since last Thursday (Jan 4), the restaurant owner has been giving out blankets to those sleeping on the streets, mainly in mature estates such as Tiong Bahru, Redhill and Toa Payoh.

He estimated that he has given out more than 100 blankets so far. They cost around $10 per piece.

In the early hours of a rainy Saturday morning (Jan 13), The Straits Times followed Mr Ng, 44, on his solo mission to do good. In about an hour, he delivered nine blankets in Chinatown to mostly elderly men.

Some of them lie on benches and reclining chairs, while make do with a piece of cardboard on the ground.

The heartwarming act came amid the cool spell in recent days.

Edited by RadX, 13 January 2018 - 08:57 AM.

Mustank, mersaylee, Vid, Freeder, Carbon82, Lala81, RH1667 and 8 other members praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Expecting halima... Or a myriad of lesser MPs to start appearing on TV and social media doing the same.
F355, AltisOwner and SiLangKia praised this

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Monkey sees also don't kow what to do.

AltisOwner and SiLangKia praised this
==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

kudos to this man 👍👍
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm more cynical on this though.

I mean I have friends helping the poor and stuff on weekly basis via volunteer work.. But they sure don't have the press of media following them, taking videos and writing about their deeds.

I guess some publicity stunt is good to encourage more to do good....right?
Ash2017, AltisOwner, Playtime, RadX, SiLangKia, Tonydeath and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

SINGAPORE - While many are sleeping comfortably at home in the cool weather, some people spending the night on the streets get by without a blanket.

The sight of an old man in Chinatown shivering while trying to sleep moved Mr Francis Ng to action last week.

Since last Thursday (Jan 4), the restaurant owner has been giving out blankets to those sleeping on the streets, mainly in mature estates such as Tiong Bahru, Redhill and Toa Payoh.

He estimated that he has given out more than 100 blankets so far. They cost around $10 per piece.

In the early hours of a rainy Saturday morning (Jan 13), The Straits Times followed Mr Ng, 44, on his solo mission to do good. In about an hour, he delivered nine blankets in Chinatown to mostly elderly men.

Some of them lie on benches and reclining chairs, while make do with a piece of cardboard on the ground.

The heartwarming act came amid the cool spell in recent days.

This is what I have been harping about ma, it's call KAMPONG SPIRIT [thumbsup] :a-m1212:

We watch each other's back, just like National Service.

kdash praised this
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: punggol, house, seafood and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users