• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
76 replies to this topic | 165 praises

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello fellows, 

Are there any good speakers for a recommendation? 

Can name me a few of brand?

I preferred good speakers, not the super high-end type (e.g. audiophile) because I do not intend to put the woofer in my car anymore as I need the space. So when I have the low taken away, I need to get a replacement to cover it. 

Again, I do not that super low end as well. 

Angcheek praised this
Photographer

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Bahobahomet
  • Bahobahomet
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

ever thought of installing those underseat woofer instead of using component speakers only?

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hello fellows, 

I preferred good speakers, not the super high-end type (e.g. audiophile) because I do not intend to put the woofer in my car anymore as I need the space. So when I have the low taken away, I need to get a replacement to cover it. 

s-l225.jpg

1682224-vifa-car-speaker-system-cs-2399-

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hello fellows,

You need an amp to bring out the sound from good speakers.How
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged
    Author Image

ever thought of installing those underseat woofer instead of using component speakers only?

Saw quite a few underseat woofer. is it as good? 

s-l225.jpg

1682224-vifa-car-speaker-system-cs-2399-

Sweet, this is very helpful.

You need an amp to bring out the sound from good speakers.How

Of course, of course. Amp is a sure thing. That's why I didn't write it down as I know it required it. =)

Photographer

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Sweet, this is very helpful.

Of course, of course. Amp is a sure thing. That's why I didn't write it down as I know it required it. =)

And use good soundproofing materials. Stp is the choice

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

Bahobahomet
  • Bahobahomet
    Clutched
    Author Image

Personally I have not tried any before, but I'm planning to get one when my new ride is here.
Alternatively, I saw people selling subwoofer that were installed in the spare tyre compartment seems quite a good method.

I gotta 研究研究 more first~

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Personally I have not tried any before, but I'm planning to get one when my new ride is here.
Alternatively, I saw people selling subwoofer that were installed in the spare tyre compartment seems quite a good method.

I gotta 研究研究 more first~

I would prefer to have the spare tyre tho. 

Apparently, my ride is Honda Freed, so there is only 1 space, that is at the back. But i need it to load items when I deliver stuff.

If not, I would really want to have a woofer, if not I will not ask for better audio speaker so 'enjoy' haha

Photographer

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The car is the worse acoustic "room".

As we get older, the high frequencies become less audio~able.

How often do you spend in the car?

Add-ons put a strain on the stock battery.

Upgrade their cost are they worth the amount of dollars spent.

If you modify too much will it make difficult to sell next time.

My humble opinion is unless your stock audio is really bad, upgrade is sensible.

We should not confuse with people who have passion for ice.
Mercs, Carbon82, dcb, Theoldjaffa, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My humble opinion. Sound is rather relative to each individuals. My friend commented my stock system sounds better than his 15k upgrade, while I feel that my wife's car is better than mine. Also stock.

For me, I would just change the stock paper speakers to a better ones.

Again, your ear and mine and others are different. So, you happy can liao.
Othello, dcb, Angcheek and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Not wrong, not wrong. I know where you are coming from because I was in an audio industry before. =)

Some stock may sound nicer than tuned audio mainly because people have different taste. To enjoy audio, it is very personal. If the friend is not enjoying, it is because the setting isn't right for him in the beginning. 

Ash2017 praised this
Photographer

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

Bahobahomet
  • Bahobahomet
    Clutched
    Author Image

I would prefer to have the spare tyre tho. 

Apparently, my ride is Honda Freed, so there is only 1 space, that is at the back. But i need it to load items when I deliver stuff.

If not, I would really want to have a woofer, if not I will not ask for better audio speaker so 'enjoy' haha

The sub that I mentioned was not to replace your whole spare tyre, it was designed to fit into the space available found in your spare tyre compartment. perhaps you can look for 备胎 低音炮 in taobao see ~

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged
    Author Image

The sub that I mentioned was not to replace your whole spare tyre, it was designed to fit into the space available found in your spare tyre compartment. perhaps you can look for 备胎 低音炮 in taobao see ~

Oh i see. 

Thanks, thanks. Too bad, my spare is below my car. lol.

Photographer

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Elepoo
  • Elepoo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

For my Current ride, using Focal K2P and Morel Maximo.

Previous rides, previous CDT speakers and Rainbow...

IMO, I still prefer the European's made, than the rest of the worlds.

Again, this is my own preference. 

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

juz enquired a component speakers that could be nicely mounted onto the A-pillar,

bringing the high and mid nearer to our ears ...costs $2k  [sweatdrop]

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

My humble opinion. Sound is rather relative to each individuals. My friend commented my stock system sounds better than his 15k upgrade, while I feel that my wife's car is better than mine. Also stock.

For me, I would just change the stock paper speakers to a better ones.

Again, your ear and mine and others are different. So, you happy can liao.

True dat. Previous amp set up slightly lose out to my current non amp aftermkt spkrs. Besides the woofer cone, tweeter n it's crossover r equally critical I've learned. Rear spkr oso got lower watt than front w similar freq response to sound more uniform within car cabin. Added active sub woofer to compliment optimum bass.
Jamesc praised this
FS

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:27 AM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

juz enquired a component speakers that could be nicely mounted onto the A-pillar,
bringing the high and mid nearer to our ears ...costs $2k [sweatdrop]

All depend on your ears

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A fren spent a lot and bought all the best brands and no one wanted to sit the back seat of his car. Sound too boomy.

It's not only the equipment it's also the tuning.

😀
AltisOwner and Theoldjaffa praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

Meemee
  • Meemee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

A fren spent a lot and bought all the best brands and no one wanted to sit the back seat of his car. Sound too boomy.

It's not only the equipment it's also the tuning.

ð

Tune for the owner to listen not for the friend.......

That what a audio shop told me

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tune for the owner to listen not for the friend.......

That what a audio shop told me

Problem is my fren a bit deaf.

Too much clubbing.

Young people don't go clubbing.

Spoil your ears only.

:D
Meemee praised this

that pollute the earth

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Audison APK 165

Audison APK 165  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jaycee  |  Neutral Newbie

Compoment to compliment with my lovely amp

This 2-way component features AP 1 tweeter and AP 6.5 Woofer & APCX TW crossover providing the ability to adapt its response to its two main applications. Audison Prima 1 tweeter features a 26 mm diameter emission diaphragm, an acoustic le... » Read More

Pioneer TS-A1702C Component Speakers

Pioneer TS-A1702C Component Speakers  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kengstarr  |  Clutched

TS-A1702C – NO REGRETS!!

My old speakers were dying and I got these speakers which sounded so great in my Toyota Camry. Read a lot of reviews online before purchasing, and it was a good buy, definitely, at a reasonably affordable price. For those who can appreciate a... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Component Speakers

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, hondaspeaker, car audio and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users