COE direction for 2018

SGCMHello

You sounded like you have very bad experience hence such nonchalant attitude

Otherwise, is such that when your opinion is not well-received it translate into retaliation such that " dont spoon-feed them let them fall themselves then they will be convinced.

Am glad most users here are generally helpful and willing to share, which I believe is the true spirit of having this Carforum .

you listened to your friend and now you read the mcfers views ... so what makes you so sure that mcfers views are correct against your friend’s words?

a calculation method was provided to you and you can simply apply it to your circumstance but you were nonchalant about it, preferring to agree with people who share the same views as you without doing you own due diligence

seems like you are not so innocuous at all

will ignore your posts or questions in future. but no worries, you will surely be able to find mcfers whose views coincide with you to agree with next time without much thinking or analysis on your part

• Praise 1

you listened to your friend and now you read the mcfers views ... so what makes you so sure that mcfers views are correct against your friend’s words?

a calculation method was provided to you and you can simply apply it to your circumstance but you were nonchalant about it, preferring to agree with people who share the same views as you without doing you own due diligence

seems like you are not so innocuous at all

will ignore your posts or questions in future. but no worries, you will surely be able to find mcfers whose views coincide with you to agree with next time without much thinking or analysis on your part

• Dislike 1

The jam we see in Sg is nothing as compared to Beijing, Jakarta or Bangkok.

It's quite different, as they don't have the COE things. If China, Jakarta, Bangkok implements COE, their car population will be reduced by many times.

We all knew it is expensive to drive in Singapore, but just look at the road and traffic now. Like having to pay $2000 for road tax, but it now feel like only 10 cents is use for better road and traffic? Is 10 cents justifiable figure? How they work out the formula and equation on where to spend? Only MOT has the full picture i guess.

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1

It's quite different, as they don't have the COE things. If China, Jakarta, Bangkok implements COE, their car population will be reduced by many times.

We all knew it is expensive to drive in Singapore, but just look at the road and traffic now. Like having to pay $2000 for road tax, but it now feel like only 10 cents is use for better road and traffic? Is 10 cents justifiable figure? How they work out the formula and equation on where to spend? Only MOT has the full picture i guess.

In Beijing, need to get VRN. VRN is obtained via lucky draw.

For 2018, there is only 100k VRN for car & 60k VRN for electric car.

In addition, Beijing implements 10 year statutory limits for all cars.

The number of cars in Beijing is not expected to drop dramatically

Edited by Davidtch

In Beijing, need to get VRN. VRN is obtained via lucky draw.

For 2018, there is only 100k VRN for car & 60k VRN for electric car.

In addition, Beijing implements 10 year statutory limits for all cars.

The number of cars in Beijing is not expected to drop dramatically

China’s figure, only their TOP officials knew the credibility of the data. Personally, I don’t believe their figures. Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 2

Chinaâs figure, only their TOP officials knew the credibility of the data. Personally, I donât believe their figures.

I am thinking also how about the new rule that capped Shanghai's population by 2035. How are they going to implement that.

People complain about population growth and the fact that Singapore is getting more crowded thus the need to "control" traffic. This I agree but I will to ask for the people's help on certain aspects I have observed.

1. As singapore moves to a higher "standard" of living, moving "high" labor low skilled jobs out, have they considered huge differences between the higher levels and the lowest levels in terms of quality and money.

2. Having imported a huge amount of FT (talent/trash is subjective) it is evident that somewhere down the system is going to be choked, this to me would mean a huge amount of money what is supposed to be kept in singapore is now take out of sg via the enormous amounts of FTs working here. I have worked with many via various projects and many are telling me they are here just for the money.

3. Having said that, it comes to my 3rd point, there is nothing wrong coming here for the money and doing your best, having foreign talents trash it out with the locals where survival of the best works. Being where I come from I have noticed this huge gaps of skill defect coming from these so called talents, many don't really have the ability to keep their jobs at that price point and their argument of not being able to find other people for the job is just crap.

If you noticed how local applications are being shafted to the bottom of the stack of job applicants and having referred their own for job references and promotions, you will understand how blatant these people are. I once ran an audit and noticed the entire batch that was promoted were FT and non of the locals made the list, are we so f**ked up? Or are we being f**ked. I am not going to say, you guys come out with your own conclusions.

4. So where does all the local talent end up? In jobs that were initially designed for these FTs, the "dirty" work and lower paid jobs. Uber drivers, delivery agents, local accounts, lower grade IT support. I choose not to believe with that high amount of engineering and IT students coming out of our local schools(with so high ranking internationally 12th in the world, unless you tell me those ranking are fake) non of them made it to Middle and higher management in terms of IT or Services industries or any industry for that matter?

5. While the garmen justify the fact that our people are not growing organically, have they actually used their brain to think, why are the people in the 60s 70s able to have so many children, it is simply the lower cost of living (housing was below 30k buses were 10 cents 20 cents) anyone can survive with 500 bucks. Nowadays 500 bucks is probably just enough for us to take transport and have 3 meals in a hawker centre. Not enough even pay for a roof. So why are the garmen harping on the problem of a huge population when it is a problem they created.

Want a solution, easy, shut down the huge amount of people coming in, put up a quota for each country, allowing or forcing the companies to bring in only the quality ones, let them fight it out for the space. Then we are having the people which we want and for our locals to compete to.

6. Back to Coe, with a lower income levels the locals have to endure, we have to be content taking up grab or uber as a form of transport/supplementary work and this numbers in demand won't forever grow, it has and already hit its peak and eventually they won't need so much coe in time to come and demand for cars will drop regardless. So why is it not dropping, simply because these change in rules are adding more taxes on popular car models and reducing the subsidy on proven models which are giving a better fuel emissions (indirectly lesser pollution in terms of model) imagine if a 1.6litre car can produce the same amount of pollutants as a sports car? Can't be right? Why is the penalty the same for some models, is this a joke?

Edited by CH_CO
  • Praise 3

People complain about population growth and the fact that Singapore is getting more crowded thus the need to "control" traffic. This I agree but I will to ask for the people's help on certain aspects I have observed.

6. Back to Coe, with a lower income levels the locals have to endure, we have to be content taking up grab or uber as a form of transport/supplementary work and this numbers in demand won't forever grow, it has and already hit its peak and eventually they won't need so much coe in time to come and demand for cars will drop regardless. So why is it not dropping, simply because these change in rules are adding more taxes on popular car models and reducing the subsidy on proven models which are giving a better fuel emissions (indirectly lesser pollution in terms of model) imagine if a 1.6litre car can produce the same amount of pollutants as a sports car? Can't be right? Why is the penalty the same for some models, is this a joke?

Common sense. Bigger population yet no COE increase, then pricer COE is expected.

But for those who had already agreed with COE price and had already paid the COE and all taxes, can somebody explain to me why the EXISTING traffic and road for not properly repaired and maintained? Can they now claim suddenly there is insufficient fund and lack of new resources? It is just getting bad year after year.

One biggest problem in China is the unreliable government figures, as long their great leader want it, their official will do whatever it takes to hope for a promotion. If these disease are widely spread here, we are all finished. Imagine you have a leader who is disconnected from the reality, always in his sweet dream. 

• Praise 1

Sweet dream is dreaming of retirement most children are out of politics and spending whatever the forefathers made

Edited by CH_CO

Sweet dream is dreaming of retirement most children are out of politics and spending whatever the forefathers made

We should not give up, if you give up they will sit back more and give more nonsense lame excuses to the people. Be around to kick them butt when your chance arrive.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1