COE direction for 2018

SGCMHello

2 bil is a lot of money. Surely no gov in this world willing to forgo it so easily? [rolleyes]

Must make it worth hiring all those scholars in the 1st place [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is tit true for traditional cat B cars, VES wouldnât increase price because most be neutral and for the biggest polluters may even go down 10k?

Those that are build for speed will not get any gains but instead get 20000 penalty
  • Praise 1

so to me the two options of tap reserve or increase tax are the same effect. 

they dun tap reserves as there is none to tap to begin with

Ask yourself, why locals are not producing enough?

What are the problems?

High costs of living, stressful working environment, national service, etc.

Have the govt really looked at these root problems and tackle the problem with proper solutions?

In fact, high costs of living has always been the main concern. However people are still constantly taxed at almost every thing, and things becomes worse when the current generation of govt is overspending, and overspending on unnecessary things. If there is such a big amount overspent for the past decade, why do the people still paying more taxes and bear the burden of relentless increase cost of living ?

to add on, even when paying for kindergarten fees via CDA also kenna admin fee of $3 every month u say how to lower cost of living leh?

• Praise 1

In this case, those having a COE will not be so willing to scrap their car. Big used car dealers can hoard more used cars and renew COE. When no car get scrapped, no new COE to bid, which will kill the new car market and drive up used car price. So we will end up having more old polluting cars than new cleaner cars?

Just theoretical, if no COE available for bid, what will be the COE renew price going to be, zero?? :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Its already the trend now. Just look at all the renewed coe cars selling on the market right now, with so many low deprec cars..  there are plenty of options. 

Also ppl keep forgeting that COE is affect by new cars and market demand. If demand drops, doesn't matter how much the quota is.

With low depreciating cars selling on the market and ppl renewing their COE + economy uncertainty ... COE will continue to go south.

Edited by Pohtk
  • Praise 1

2 bil is a lot of money. Surely no gov in this world willing to forgo it so easily? [rolleyes]

Must make it worth hiring all those scholars in the 1st place [sweatdrop]

But gst increase will overcome this shortfall
  • Praise 1

But for those who had already agreed with COE price and had already paid the COE and all taxes, can somebody explain to me why the EXISTING traffic and road for not properly repaired and maintained? Can they now claim suddenly there is insufficient fund and lack of new resources? It is just getting bad year after year.

that's why every month i will fill in the LTA feedback form at least once to feedback about the potholes where i drive frequently and wait for them to patch it up, if they don't i'll call up the QSM!

• Praise 1

that's why every month i will fill in the LTA feedback form at least once to feedback about the potholes where i drive frequently and wait for them to patch it up, if they don't i'll call up the QSM!

Can always use my transport app also

Who is QSM?

Its already the trend now. Just look at all the renewed coe cars selling on the market right now, with so many low deprec cars.. there are plenty of options.

Also ppl keep forgeting that COE is affect by new cars and market demand. If demand drops, doesn't matter how much the quota is.

With low depreciating cars selling on the market and ppl renewing their COE + economy uncertainty ... COE will continue to go south.

At 0% car growth rate, one renewed COE means one less COE for a new car. Not saying that this will keep COE price up, but at least COE price will a floor supported by increased COE renewals.

Economy is actually at it best performance - you see almost all asset classes (except gov bonds) reaching all time high. Wealth effects from en-bloc and recent bull rally are making people feeling flushed. The only risk to economy is actually overheating.

Again, I am not saying COE price will be bidded up but there are strong economy fundamentals at least for next 6-9months

• Praise 2

Economi is at best? Economi rice ah?

STI is more than 3500 now.

Private property price also increasing.

I believe who work in finance and property industry have fat angbao this year.

STI is more than 3500 now.

Private property price also increasing.

I believe who work in finance and property industry have fat angbao this year.

the boss will tell you, your bonus is last year. wait for the year end first. then he will give you another story hahaha

↡ Advertisement