How does GPS work in cars

herrydas

GPS uses GPS signal from satallite. Internet just improves the accuracy by cross referring with fixed WIFI or Bluetooth points. You can try Lazada to find GPS navigation devices.

• Praise 2

Standalone GPS device usually have maps already download thus do not require internet connection.  Updating is manual.

GPS on smart phones depends on the apps/software.  They can either be fully online,  downloaded or hybrid where the main map is online but one can download sections for offline use. 

How does GPS is work in cars if internet system is not working. And where to buy and install GPS system online.

GPS system in the car. its like switching on GPS but switching off wifi and data on your phone. map is pre downloaded onto the system.

Bro, GPS does not require internet to function. You only need a receiver.

However we are all used to A-GPS which is called Assisted GPS, this uses internet to locate the GPS satellites quicker so you get a faster response. Else, it can take a few minutes for the GPS system to lock on, or could even fail due to the build up nature of SG which blocks the LoS to the satellites.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Back in the 90s commando and recce troops also use GPS device to navigate. In the forest got internet meh?? Answer is no, you don't need internet for GPS. But the device need to have the map already loaded in offline.

How does GPS is work in cars if internet system is not working. And where to buy and install GPS system online.

Let me understand your question.

You want install GPS in your car so that you can know where the car is at at any point of time? Meaning if parked in Malaysia and car stolen, you still can track where the car is based on GPS data correct?

Everyone so fierce he doesn't dare to reply already la.[:(]

Where got fierce? I am confused by his question,, gps for car and does not require internet connection. So I ask and clarify his question lor.

Obtained from wikipedia.

"The GPS does not require the user to transmit any data, and it operates independently of any telephonic or internet reception, though these technologies can enhance the usefulness of the GPS positioning information. The GPS provides critical positioning capabilities to military, civil, and commercial users around the world. The United States government created the system, maintains it, and makes it freely accessible to anyone with a GPS receiver."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

The main advantage of Car gps systems is the dead reckoning which works in tunnels. The disadvantage is such built in systems to the car do not allow for frequent map updates.

Nowadays best to get a head unit with apple carplay or android auto, then use Google maps.

But Android Auto app is still not available on phones yet.

Downloaded via 3rd party app but cannot work. 

Give up already.  :TT_TT:

Twincharged

Nowadays best to get a head unit with apple carplay or android auto, then use Google maps.

Or not just get Android headunit if on a budget. Cheaper than the android auto headunits.

But Android Auto app is still not available on phones yet.

Downloaded via 3rd party app but cannot work.

Give up already. :TT_TT:

May I know which phone model are you using?cos I went through 3 phones (LG, Motorola and Huawei).

All three downloaded android auto apk online and sideloaded. All three worked. Really enjoying Waze and Google maps. So much better than those gps systems pre installed in cars.

Maybe I can help you with this?

↡ Advertisement