How does GPS work in cars

herrydas

M white looks great. Got white or not this time?

lol...no lah...bloody icon to show oni...mine is sophisto grey...

↡ Advertisement

So hi-fi? I have to pull my door to see if it is locked?

eh u funny ha

if you have comfort access...key in pocket, you pull door open la....chey....

M kit can fix after market

Lux ftw

bro, it’s the msport steering, brakes, suspension and wheels that matters la ... bodykit ... for looks only

in fact lux bodykit quite nice liao no need msport

Edited by Wt_know

bro, it’s the msport brakes and msport suspension that matters la

bodykit ... for looks only

the works...except the seats...think that can be done too

but if i wanted msport in first place, i'll buy it hahhaaha

too many msport running arnd.  Perhaps wait for another variant

I had one of these TW GPS receiver.  Connect to my Nokia phone via bluetooth.  During those days, Nokia phones did not come in built-in GPS chip, so had to get one of these external GPS modules to play with map navigation.

Maps were from Garmin and Mapking, and these worked really well and stable on the symbian Nokia phones.  Updated maps were available online all the time.

Those were the days when things were less straightforward and yet more fun. [laugh]

post-501-0-26651800-1516595930.jpg

i am looking for a GPS tracker

battery operated type

can hide inside the car and forget it for months or year

problem is most gps tracker need to subscribe monthly service

Edited by Wt_know

I had one of these TW GPS receiver. Connect to my Nokia phone via bluetooth. During those days, Nokia phones did not come in built-in GPS chip, so had to get one of these external GPS modules to play with map navigation.

Maps were from Garmin and Mapking, and these worked really well and stable on the symbian Nokia phones. Updated maps were available online all the time.

Those were the days when things were less straightforward and yet more fun. [laugh]

waa looks like flux capacitor

I had one of these TW GPS receiver. Connect to my Nokia phone via bluetooth. During those days, Nokia phones did not come in built-in GPS chip, so had to get one of these external GPS modules to play with map navigation.

Maps were from Garmin and Mapking, and these worked really well and stable on the symbian Nokia phones. Updated maps were available online all the time.

You are still using a Nokia phone now?

battery operated type

problem is most gps tracker need to subscribe monthly service ð

got opensource gps tracker.

best link to google maps just like the incar cam [thumbsup]

You can download an app call FollowMee GPS tracker into an old phone and leave it inside your car. Register an account and you can view the location of that phone from followmee website easily. I'm using this app and it works for me.

Uninstall all unessential apps in the phone to conserve battery life but must keep Google services to allow GPS to work.

Its free for the basic function.

Edited by Sotong1977

based on your suggestion, i am already using Google map share location

can use find my phone, trace the phone, view history and even ring the phone remotely [sly][laugh]

but this requires SIM card for telco network

looking for a gps tracker (small and stealth) and put inside a car

gps tracker that does not require telco network, got?

You can download an app call FollowMee GPS tracker into an old phone and leave it inside your car. Register an account and you can view the location of that phone from followmee website easily. I'm using this app and it works for me.

Uninstall all unessential apps in the phone to conserve battery life but must keep Google services to allow GPS to work.

Its free for the basic function.

Edited by Wt_know

battery operated type

problem is most gps tracker need to subscribe monthly service ð

got opensource gps tracker.

best link to google maps just like the incar cam [thumbsup]

Blackvue cloud.

haha ... i want to "hide" inside the car la not for car jacker to pull out the power cable ... lol

anyway, i believe google map is the best option liao but need to put a sim card so that if car go from singapore to penang also can trace

Blackvue cloud.

Back in the 90s commando and recce troops also use GPS device to navigate. In the forest got internet meh?? Answer is no, you don't need internet for GPS. But the device need to have the map already loaded in offline.

so good ah...got GPS

last time we needed a survey team to accurately determine position 

:D

haha ... i want to "hide" inside the car la not for car jacker to pull out the power cable ... lol

anyway, i believe google map is the best option liao but need to put a sim card so that if car go from singapore to penang also can trace

Just add on blackvue cam cover then cannot pull out cable easily liao.

You need to look for those standalone one. Small box that you need to connect to car battery, then put sim card inside. Then you can send a special sms to it and it will report its gps location.

based on your suggestion, i am already using Google map share location

can use find my phone, trace the phone, view history and even ring the phone remotely [sly][laugh]

but this requires SIM card for telco network

looking for a gps tracker (small and stealth) and put inside a car

gps tracker that does not require telco network, got?

Nowaday the telco provides sim card with free mobiledata if you subscribe to their fibreplan. I put that simcard into my spare phone for the followmee app to work. Ideal and works for me since i have no use for the free mobiledata plan sim card.
↡ Advertisement