• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

SGCMHello
  • SGCMHello
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

After a car inspection at VICOM or STA, some guys will stick a VICOM/STA sticker on your rear windscreen. It is very difficult to remove, worst if u try to remove it after it has been there for months. It causes stains the windscreen. And the sticker is nothing to be proud of, but an ugly eyesore.

Do u guys allow them to stick sticker on your car without your permission, using your car as free advertisement for their company?

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i thought the sticker is not so much a free advert, more to show that the car has been inspected.
Angcheek praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If possible, I do not allow shop or anyone to put stickers on my glass. Mine is a PI car. Told them to remove the Japanese stickers. Solar film, also reminded them not to put stickers. 

Carbon82 praised this
"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I simply take it out immediately. Removed everything when I first collected my car.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I removed it immediate and paste on anything convenient/near to me in the inspection centre i.e. cashier counter glass panel, customer feedback terminal screen...
Holdenutessv praised this

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I removed it immediate and paste on anything convenient/near to me in the inspection centre i.e. cashier counter glass panel, customer feedback terminal screen...

Yeah. I asked politely if he will not stick but he said cannot, and then I replied ok I understand. And once he stuck the sticker on I walked over and peel it off and crumpled it.
Holdenutessv praised this

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:20 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i thought the sticker is not so much a free advert, more to show that the car has been inspected.

no need to proof

if inspection failed/no inspection definitely cannot renew Road Tax

if road tax is not renewed, you will get reminders from LTA and the contents will get nastier each month

on the third month, LTA will says bringing you to court even if you don't mind keep paying the late roadtax renewal fines...

Yeah. I asked politely if he will not stick but he said cannot, and then I replied ok I understand. And once he stuck the sticker on I walked over and peel it off and crumpled it.

I see it as vandalism actually

anyhow paste stickers on my car
kdash praised this

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

SGCMHello
  • SGCMHello
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hahahahahaha..... this is so funny😂
Phang praised this

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

This practise been around since my father's time. Dunno why up till today 2018 still doing? They can do away with the stupid road tax but this sticker die die still want to stick. Just throw away after driving out of the inspection centre.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:35 AM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This practise been around since my father's time. Dunno why up till today 2018 still doing? They can do away with the stupid road tax but this sticker die die still want to stick. Just throw away after driving out of the inspection centre.

I rather have road tax disc than this potentially unsightly sticker by fools who do not really know to inspect your car except for running your car for five minutes and say here you go, your car is done ....
Zxcvb praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:38 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I normally just let it there.  [laugh]

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:52 AM

Flying_genie
  • Flying_genie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Don't think these inspection stickers are compulsory. These companies are private companies. No reason that their company's stickers belong on your car. I can choose to go to any inspection company I like. They are simply using your car for free advertising.

BanCoe praised this

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:13 AM

Rao
  • Rao
    1st Gear
    Author Image

ill be happy to put if AAS inspection give out such stickers but none, VICOM/STA sticker ? no way. !

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I rather have road tax disc than this potentially unsightly sticker by fools who do not really know to inspect your car except for running your car for five minutes and say here you go, your car is done ....

The only 2 test that work are the side slip and the brake test. Everything else is useless! The people running the test are just as useless!
The vehicle engineering at LTA is just as useless.
Someone posted in Facebook that vicom refused to pass his S2000 because his rear number place did not have screws to screw it down. It was double side taped. It’s funny that they think that double side tape is ok to hold the much heavier IU with less surface area for the tape than a plastic license plate.
I guess they just wanted to find an excuse to fine him. There were 2 LTA engineering guys there and when questioned what rule was broken, they also hem and hawed!

https://www.facebook...155554774076896

Edited by Mkl22, 21 January 2018 - 08:17 AM.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The only 2 test that work are the side slip and the brake test. Everything else is useless! The people running the test are just as useless!
Someone posted in Facebook that vicom refused to pass his S2000 because his rear number place did not have screws to screw it down. It was double side taped. It’s funny that they think that double side tape is ok to hold the much heavier IU with less surface area for the tape than a plastic license plate.
I guess they just wanted to find an excuse to fine him. There were 2 LTA engineering guys there and when questioned what rule was broken, they also hem and hawed!

Bending their own rules and being double standard is not going to help them in administration...
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Someone posted in Facebook that vicom refused to pass his S2000 because his rear number place did not have screws to screw it down. It was double side taped. Itâs funny that they think that double side tape is ok to hold the much heavier IU with less surface area for the tape than a plastic license plate.

Maybe LTA thinks the plate may drop off while the car is on the roads? 😂
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There is no need to show the public car has been inspected
BanCoe praised this

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I remove the sticker after inspection! I pay them to advertise for them? No way!

BanCoe praised this

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But IU is in the car but license plate is outside the car ma.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don’t know if they dare to put stickers on someone’s Bentley or RR or those $1m++ cars - the owners damn particular 1; Wait later they will bill the inspection center for special removal charges from car saloon restoration blah blah blah with lawyer letter..... this type of owners all daring one

Edited by BanCoe, 21 January 2018 - 04:04 PM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: vicom sta inspection, vicom and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users