VICOM / STA sticker

SGCMHello

After a car inspection at VICOM or STA, some guys will stick a VICOM/STA sticker on your rear windscreen. It is very difficult to remove, worst if u try to remove it after it has been there for months. It causes stains the windscreen. And the sticker is nothing to be proud of, but an ugly eyesore.

Do u guys allow them to stick sticker on your car without your permission, using your car as free advertisement for their company?

↡ Advertisement

If possible, I do not allow shop or anyone to put stickers on my glass. Mine is a PI car. Told them to remove the Japanese stickers. Solar film, also reminded them not to put stickers. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I removed it immediate and paste on anything convenient/near to me in the inspection centre i.e. cashier counter glass panel, customer feedback terminal screen...

• Praise 1

I removed it immediate and paste on anything convenient/near to me in the inspection centre i.e. cashier counter glass panel, customer feedback terminal screen...

Yeah. I asked politely if he will not stick but he said cannot, and then I replied ok I understand. And once he stuck the sticker on I walked over and peel it off and crumpled it.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

i thought the sticker is not so much a free advert, more to show that the car has been inspected.

no need to proof

if inspection failed/no inspection definitely cannot renew Road Tax

if road tax is not renewed, you will get reminders from LTA and the contents will get nastier each month

on the third month, LTA will says bringing you to court even if you don't mind keep paying the late roadtax renewal fines...

Yeah. I asked politely if he will not stick but he said cannot, and then I replied ok I understand. And once he stuck the sticker on I walked over and peel it off and crumpled it.

I see it as vandalism actually

anyhow paste stickers on my car

• Praise 1

Hahahahahaha..... this is so funny
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

This practise been around since my father's time. Dunno why up till today 2018 still doing? They can do away with the stupid road tax but this sticker die die still want to stick. Just throw away after driving out of the inspection centre.

This practise been around since my father's time. Dunno why up till today 2018 still doing? They can do away with the stupid road tax but this sticker die die still want to stick. Just throw away after driving out of the inspection centre.

I rather have road tax disc than this potentially unsightly sticker by fools who do not really know to inspect your car except for running your car for five minutes and say here you go, your car is done ....

• Praise 1

Don't think these inspection stickers are compulsory. These companies are private companies. No reason that their company's stickers belong on your car. I can choose to go to any inspection company I like. They are simply using your car for free advertising.

• Praise 1

I rather have road tax disc than this potentially unsightly sticker by fools who do not really know to inspect your car except for running your car for five minutes and say here you go, your car is done ....

The only 2 test that work are the side slip and the brake test. Everything else is useless! The people running the test are just as useless!

The vehicle engineering at LTA is just as useless.

Someone posted in Facebook that vicom refused to pass his S2000 because his rear number place did not have screws to screw it down. It was double side taped. It’s funny that they think that double side tape is ok to hold the much heavier IU with less surface area for the tape than a plastic license plate.

I guess they just wanted to find an excuse to fine him. There were 2 LTA engineering guys there and when questioned what rule was broken, they also hem and hawed!

https://www.facebook.com/uberkai/posts/10155554774076896

Edited by Mkl22

The only 2 test that work are the side slip and the brake test. Everything else is useless! The people running the test are just as useless!

Someone posted in Facebook that vicom refused to pass his S2000 because his rear number place did not have screws to screw it down. It was double side taped. It’s funny that they think that double side tape is ok to hold the much heavier IU with less surface area for the tape than a plastic license plate.

I guess they just wanted to find an excuse to fine him. There were 2 LTA engineering guys there and when questioned what rule was broken, they also hem and hawed!

Bending their own rules and being double standard is not going to help them in administration...

Someone posted in Facebook that vicom refused to pass his S2000 because his rear number place did not have screws to screw it down. It was double side taped. Itâs funny that they think that double side tape is ok to hold the much heavier IU with less surface area for the tape than a plastic license plate.

Maybe LTA thinks the plate may drop off while the car is on the roads?