2018! Are we in recession?

Cheesey74

Supersonic

in real world ... head roll or get out of the door when cannot meet kpi, below target, board no likey, etc

in fantasy world ... it's all good ... no blame culture please

Creating their own fantasy world out of millions of taxpayers' monies every year.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ocbc-cut-half-bank-teller-jobs-next-two-years-affected-staff-be-reassigned?cid=emarsys-today_TODAY%27s%20morning%20briefing%20for%20July%2024,%202018%20%28ACTIVE%29_newsletter_24072018_today

Yah....right....

Reassign 150 people with no cuts?

What a solid corp comms person!

Teller to become digital advisory assistant to help elderly and uneducated.

Lppl

Muayhahahahahah

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 3

nbz...just abt to lup my M5....maybe wait till nx year

cheaper then hahahah

now i8 also cheap

Turbocharged

Productivity is the buss word for corporate leaders. In simple terms, cut away the peanuts and serve the buffet to save on wastage. 

• Praise 1

nbz...just abt to lup my M5....maybe wait till nx year

cheaper then hahahah

now i8 also cheap

Later block 9 residents complain about the rumbling. [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Productivity is the buss word for corporate leaders. In simple terms, cut away the peanuts and serve the buffet to save on wastage. 

another latest buzz word is "do more with less" :D

cut headcounts, then tell the remaining staffs to take up more or multi-task

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

And then these remaining staff will get so overwhelmed with work that they finally resigned.

No need to pay severance package.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ocbc-cut-half-bank-teller-jobs-next-two-years-affected-staff-be-reassigned?cid=emarsys-today_TODAY%27s%20morning%20briefing%20for%20July%2024,%202018%20%28ACTIVE%29_newsletter_24072018_today

Yah....right....

Reassign 150 people with no cuts?

What a solid corp comms person!

Teller to become digital advisory assistant to help elderly and uneducated.

Lppl

Muayhahahahahah

Personally, I have not dealth with a bank teller for long long time..

And in the report it says:  The new ATMs will also be able to dispense up to $200,000 in cash in one transaction, in the customer’s preferred note denominations

https://www.finews.asia/finance/27247-ocbc-singapore-atm-jobs-customer

1 day ago - - - Singapore's OCBC Bank will see half of its bank tellers upskilled to perform higher value-added financial services as it installs the latest ATMs and digital service kiosks at 35 of its branches by 2020.

Turbocharged

And then these remaining staff will get so overwhelmed with work that they finally resigned.

No need to pay severance package.

let's try this on our parliament. i am sure it will be very fruitful

if only that was true.

I am okey with doing more with less, PROVIDED whatever performed well during the "famine" years is recognised and the senior leader's reward those that put in the hard work.

Because when the following year of abundance, the poor guy is really taken for a ride.

I have seen headcount reduction from 12 to 4 and that poor manager without making up creative numbers managed to skim thru.

But when times are good, all of a sudden, all is forgotten. The organisation starts bringing in quality "waste" and manage the people and bring in more of their good people talker and grow it to 10 person.

Its always the Cow and the farmer.

When times are bad, you become the cow and are threaten with times are bad.

When good time all of a sudden, the organisation recruit more farmers yet the cow population remains the same because the cow has always managed to do X3 times more work. SO let them be so that they are busy enough not to look elsewhere for work or create trouble for the farmer by leaving. 

Based on hindsight, I prefer to be put on the chopping block and move. At least get a package and move. Been affected by Workforce reduction is not a sin like getting caught in the cookie jar and going to jail.

At least when you are going for the interview, up front acknowledge that its an inevitable truth with globalisation and changing landscape of CEVA, you were affected.

I am sure the person interviewing you can accept that. Rather than when you are so boge with the workload and discrimination that you want to leave, there is no easy way to communicate why you want to move to another role when you have a job.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

If we treat human as machine can calculate their manhour like machine, we are in a very sorry state.

Heavyweight lunch, seminar, oversea trips, etc are just as unproductive but nobody question. Many CEO pull along an army of staff for meetings where a few key personnel could have done the job. 

Over here in Sg, many of the MNC that have to scale down not due to local market condition.  The local set up actually need to support their expatriates here. So the squeeze the local balls.  :wacko:  

• Praise 2

Agree. Too much being paid to top execs who are doing a lot of high level talks. Operationalising takes a lot more details and processes which will reveal the incompetencies. All the strategies talk are really superficially high level.

• Praise 2

Productivity is something the people in power have been looking very closely for a long time.

I heard it even keeps them up at night and of course I have the solution.

I do a lot of in depth research and found a report that says only 12% of employees are engaged.

And that is the crux of the problem. How much productivity can you get with 12% engaged.

The solution is very simple once you know what the problem is.

Get more people engaged and even better married then they will be more productive and have more kids.

Not one does research like me.

As for productivity it's not as important as innovation.

No point being the most efficient producer of black and white tvs.

There is no demand. Better to innovate to make something no one else makes that everyone wants and willing to pay top dollar.

:D

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

in the 70, I started work in a MNC manufacturing plant here in Sg. They are one of the best in term of staff welfare and benefits. Production line operators and cleaners stayed more than 10 years.

you can see everyone is like a big family. staff comes in early and leave late. that is true engagement and ownership. today, you treat staff as numbers and try to contract out to the cheapest source.

Where to find gorilla with peanuts right?

• Praise 4

Supersonic

in the 70, I started work in a MNC manufacturing plant here in Sg. They are one of the best in term of staff welfare and benefits. Production line operators and cleaners stayed more than 10 years.

you can see everyone is like a big family. staff comes in early and leave late. that is true engagement and ownership. today, you treat staff as numbers and try to contract out to the cheapest source.

Where to find gorilla with peanuts right?

Those were the days.

Now many companies don't operate like this anymore.

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/2-schools-join-nus-to-bar-firm-from-their-internship-portals

Enuff said..  [whip]   [mad]   :a-t2622:

Even in today context, the tech company is not named and shamed.

The National University of Singapore (NUS) and other schools, such as Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Lasalle College of the Arts, have removed a firm, whose director is suspected of harassing interns, from their internship portals.

The removal of the local tech company follows allegations of inappropriate conduct by its director. According to a report in The New Paper, he is alleged to have offered a female NUS student twice the usual internship allowance provided she accompany him on a business trip without telling the school.

The encounter had allegedly occurred during an interview which took place in March via a one-way Skype video call, meaning the director could see her, but she was not able to see him. When she told faculty staff, they were alarmed and immediately flagged the company before making a police report in April.

The company was removed from the portal in May. Similarly, NTU and Lasalle College have also barred the company from their internship portals. Both are also looking at measures to make sure their interns are better protected.

A Lasalle spokesman said the college would blacklist organisations that are the subject of "legitimate complaints". The school already has in place briefings for students going on internships. Internship partners are also selected based on a long-term relationship with the school and a track record of professionalism in the industry.

An NTU spokesman said that companies interested in offering their students places for internships would need to fulfil certain criteria - such as being in operation for at least two years, with at least three full-time employees and $10,000 in paid-up capital. The company must also provide 

appropriate work for the internship programme that is relevant to the student's studies.

The university's interns are jointly managed by two supervisors, one from the company and another from the university.

According to the spokesman, students are briefed and advised before starting their internship that their supervisors serve as their first points of contact for support, advice and assistance.

The university added: "When a company has been flagged by students for inappropriate conduct, the university will conduct an investigation. Where necessary, the university may blacklist the company, or the particular company supervisor, and students will also be pulled out from their internships."

The precautions are increasingly pertinent, in the light of the rising number of overseas internships taken by students from local universities, including NUS and NTU, which have both seen year-on-year increases in the number of overseas internships completed.

In the past three academic years, NUS saw an average year-on-year increase of about 22 per cent in the number of overseas internships completed. Between August 2016 and July 2017, NUS students completed close to 490 internships in over 40 countries. At NTU, an average of 165 students went abroad annually for internships and work attachments.

↡ Advertisement