2018! Are we in recession?

Cheesey74

tiagong from a couple of mcfers petrochemicals will be down to the bottom this year

[dizzy]:o

Keppel and sembawang marine share price Chiong like crazy this year. Edited by Mkl22

Once petrocmical down it will has direct impact on other industry as well.

Yes..we need to be positive every year as long as we are still able to bring home the bread.

The important part is not to touch or even start to set aside some saving.

why petchems down this year ah?

• Praise 1

gahmen i hear giving growth bonus? sure anot....altho we did grow 3%

No la. His letter just says no bonus but still got small small increment.

Not pink slip.

ya saw it.....but as what was said, he is still working....

No la. His letter just says no bonus but still got small small increment.

Not pink slip.

lucky to have a job bro.....nowadays boss say what, I do what...no question about it!

and he just asked me to prepare a list of the department staff.... [sweatdrop]

lucky to have a job bro.....nowadays boss say what, I do what...no question about it!

and he just asked me to prepare a list of the department staff.... [sweatdrop]

your dept so big? you are the hr chief?

ð¬

Any upcoming major projects locally this year that can boom the marine and construction industries? The marine industry account for a very significant income for the petrochemical companies. (Our car 50ltr/60ltr?) A tug easily accommodate over 20k ltr of fuel per load top up. Depend on the truck load available. The lub oil as well. Ordered in drum of 209ltr per drum.

Same go to construction industry with idling heavy vehicles and equipment. Take a look of the heavy vehicle park. All parked there collecting dusk.

Fuel Unit price crepting up daily. This is what I am seeing compare with mid June last year. Cost cutting everywhere. Scraping of assets. The non renewal of permit for many FW. Enforce early retirement for some that i have known for decades in other companies.

Good? Or bad? Maybe in some industries the prospect is encouraging. But definitely not in marine and construction. The last major tendered huge project available to the construction industry was the terminal 5. After that all mostly small short term projects.

So..in conclusion. Spend within one capability. Do not touch those saving you have set aside.

BTW siao lee just announced there will be major projects on today news. Hope everythings will pick up by year end.

• Praise 1

Another point to joke about. Since December my bosses have been entertaining quite a few chaps from different financial institutions. All come and wanting to lend money. Hahaha. That is not a good sign. In the past when economics was good we hardly see them. Maybe year end calender and hampers.

• Praise 1

Any upcoming major projects locally this year that can boom the marine and construction industries? The marine industry account for a very significant income for the petrochemical companies. (Our car 50ltr/60ltr?) A tug easily accommodate over 20k ltr of fuel per load top up. Depend on the truck load available. The lub oil as well. Ordered in drum of 209ltr per drum.

Same go to construction industry with idling heavy vehicles and equipment. Take a look of the heavy vehicle park. All parked there collecting dusk.

Fuel Unit price crepting up daily. This is what I am seeing compare with mid June last year. Cost cutting everywhere. Scraping of assets. The non renewal of permit for many FW. Enforce early retirement for some that i have known for decades in other companies.

Good? Or bad? Maybe in some industries the prospect is encouraging. But definitely not in marine and construction. The last major tendered huge project available to the construction industry was the terminal 5. After that all mostly small short term projects.

So..in conclusion. Spend within one capability. Do not touch those saving you have set aside.

BTW siao lee just announced there will be major projects on today news. Hope everythings will pick up by year end.

Wah.... so gloomy indeed.

@enye

Sifu, how? What's the recommendation? If you will continue to keep your 700k under the pillow then I also follow your lead and keep my 7k under the pillow  [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement