2018! Are we in recession?

Cheesey74

Any upcoming major projects locally this year that can boom the marine and construction industries? The marine industry account for a very significant income for the petrochemical companies. (Our car 50ltr/60ltr?) A tug easily accommodate over 20k ltr of fuel per load top up. Depend on the truck load available. The lub oil as well. Ordered in drum of 209ltr per drum.

Same go to construction industry with idling heavy vehicles and equipment. Take a look of the heavy vehicle park. All parked there collecting dusk.

Fuel Unit price crepting up daily. This is what I am seeing compare with mid June last year. Cost cutting everywhere. Scraping of assets. The non renewal of permit for many FW. Enforce early retirement for some that i have known for decades in other companies.

Good? Or bad? Maybe in some industries the prospect is encouraging. But definitely not in marine and construction. The last major tendered huge project available to the construction industry was the terminal 5. After that all mostly small short term projects.

So..in conclusion. Spend within one capability. Do not touch those saving you have set aside.

BTW siao lee just announced there will be major projects on today news. Hope everythings will pick up by year end.

you mean petchems would be down because marine and construction industries are down and don't use so much fuel?

[confused]

↡ Advertisement

Any upcoming major projects locally this year that can boom the marine and construction industries? The marine industry account for a very significant income for the petrochemical companies. (Our car 50ltr/60ltr?) A tug easily accommodate over 20k ltr of fuel per load top up. Depend on the truck load available. The lub oil as well. Ordered in drum of 209ltr per drum.

Same go to construction industry with idling heavy vehicles and equipment. Take a look of the heavy vehicle park. All parked there collecting dusk.

Fuel Unit price crepting up daily. This is what I am seeing compare with mid June last year. Cost cutting everywhere. Scraping of assets. The non renewal of permit for many FW. Enforce early retirement for some that i have known for decades in other companies.

Good? Or bad? Maybe in some industries the prospect is encouraging. But definitely not in marine and construction. The last major tendered huge project available to the construction industry was the terminal 5. After that all mostly small short term projects.

So..in conclusion. Spend within one capability. Do not touch those saving you have set aside.

BTW siao lee just announced there will be major projects on today news. Hope everythings will pick up by year end.

Can share your definition of petchem industry?

Another bro shared that backend petchem will do well this year but I'm not sure I understand the difference of frontend and backend also.

Another bro shared that backend petchem will do well this year but I'm not sure I understand the difference of frontend and backend also.

i thought you insider?

can teach me please?

[blush]

• Praise 1

i thought you insider?

can teach me please?

[blush]

sifu, you o&g senior mgmt don't play with me la.

Everyone here knows i am a junior employee in offshore construction company only.

gahmen i hear giving growth bonus? sure anot....altho we did grow 3%

ya saw it.....but as what was said, he is still working....

cos that @kusje stop driving...so less oil used haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Chun Boh .... :wut:

Next month Growth bonus, March Performance Bonus ... Civil Servant Huat Ahhhhh .............. [bounce2]  

Wah.... so gloomy indeed.

@enye

Sifu, how? What's the recommendation? If you will continue to keep your 700k under the pillow then I also follow your lead and keep my 7k under the pillow [sweatdrop]

I keep my 7OO dollar under my biscuit tin. Tuck away safely in the storage. Haha

Sorry I don't know much about what backend or frontend.

I don't know. Say don't know hahaha...as office boy in my company what I know I share.

Edited by Kopites

Everyone here knows i am a junior employee in offshore construction company only.

[hur]

ya construction industry has been down for the past 2-3 years. T5 and related projects can only feed so many companies. HDB has been ramping down... 

traditionally garment will step in to do some infra or development projects. let's see what comes up. 

• Praise 1

I keep my 7OO dollar under my biscuit tin. Tuck away safely in the storage. Haha

cb..i oni have $7 in my pocket! Pillow will be to thin.....biscuit tin will be very noisy with the 2 $2 notes and 3 $1 coins.....

everywhere i drive sure got dig and dig but seldom see the Singaporean worker nearly all are fw and ft.......maybe the boss and 50% of the office staffs are Singaporean......haiz!

nowadays lesser SGreans want to go into the industry... foremen still have the laojiaos there but workers are almost all FW. 

nowadays lesser SGreans want to go into the industry... foremen still have the laojiaos there but workers are almost all FW.

maybe even foreman is from our northern neighbours.....lol. Foreman gives instruction to supervisor who are fw then foreman lay low until problem crop up......not many Singaporean even of my age is willing to soak under the sun......

Wah. He O&G senior management? :a-panic:

maybe even foreman is from our northern neighbours.....lol. Foreman gives instruction to supervisor who are fw then foreman lay low until problem crop up......not many Singaporean even of my age is willing to soak under the sun......

my site still have la. but agree that not many SGreans willing to do. 

And you think his $700k is a joke?

Actually $700k is his average annual bonus.

No. I always thought his $700k was just his allowance. :a-panic:

Definitely not a joke.

my site still have la. but agree that not many SGreans willing to do.

in my current job there was an episode that i had to sit under the shade and sometime stand or sit under the sun for 2/3 hrs for 4 days a week. When i reached home i feel very exhausted and can feel the burning sensation on my face even till late at night. Lucky that episode is over.... Edited by Eviilusion

No. I always thought his $700k was just his allowance. :a-panic:

Definitely not a joke.

Not allowance lah. Mai kwah chang

Its his average annual bonus.

I know becos he is my Sifu.

↡ Advertisement