Cheat? Fraud? Scam? Or Genuine?

SGCMHello

My friend tried to sell his car, he advertised all over the place. Then a potential “buyer” called my friend to ask for log card image. The buyer didn’t even view the car, and he asked for log card. Reason given is that he need it to get company loan.

What are you views ? Latest fraud/scam/cheat? Any sellers got such calls?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Should be okay bah.. what can potential buyer do with a log card? Don't give means you lose a chance to sell, give lose nothing.

Give and see how lor.

TS, if your friend not comfortable, can always back out. since you say he has been advertising all over the place, if it is a good deal then there will be other potential buyers.

I am quite confuse with all these PDPA things. Got handphone number, NRIC no, what can these people do leh? Borrow money, use it to open bank account? You to many buildings with security turnstile or URA/BCA, don't you surrender your NRIC and give your phone number?

Log card are now digital and you need owner's full particular to register for any transfer leh. Of course many things can forge then system need to look at liao.

Turbocharged

I am quite confuse with all these PDPA things. Got handphone number, NRIC no, what can these people do leh?

They can SMS you details of property launches or new Pizza Hut deals  , call you regarding banking products , try to sell you all sorts of insurances ,  all done in the wee hours or when you are in the middle of making love.  And, if you are overseas , you incur roaming charges as well .

Thats why I love the PDPA . 

• Praise 4

My friend tried to sell his car, he advertised all over the place. Then a potential “buyer” called my friend to ask for log card image. The buyer didn’t even view the car, and he asked for log card. Reason given is that he need it to get company loan.

The buyer is a dealer and he wants to verify that the car is registered your name. Common practise.

• Praise 1

I am quite confuse with all these PDPA things. Got handphone number, NRIC no, what can these people do leh? Borrow money, use it to open bank account? You to many buildings with security turnstile or URA/BCA, don't you surrender your NRIC and give your phone number?

Log card are now digital and you need owner's full particular to register for any transfer leh. Of course many things can forge then system need to look at liao.

Clone cars.

Use your license plate and run several red light or speed cam.

• Praise 1

I only surrender my license

Clone cars.

Use your license plate and run several red light or speed cam.

this one need need to get from you lah. however, today speed camera very powerful one hor. can see driver also.

i mean no need

I think is they wanna know the OMV & COE value of the car.

Last time when i try to sell my car myself, dealer will call to ask for I/C no. & car plate no. to check on onemotoring for the OMV & COE value, I jus screenshot the car details & blanco away the name, I/C & Vehicle no.than whatsapp him.

• Praise 1

this one need need to get from you lah. however, today speed camera very powerful one hor. can see driver also.

i mean no need

The speed cam and red light camera shoot backside one. How to id driver?
  • Praise 1

It is possible the reason mayb genuine. Many years back I used to work for a MNC which provide interest free loan to salespeople, but they kept the log card after the transaction was completed. And because it is interest free and HR dont really check on the market value, many salespeople inflated the price to get a higher loan amount, some up to 100%. 

Mayb the buyer wanted to get the loan first like those IPA from banks. No loan he cannot buy I suppose.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement