Would u buy a car without test drive?

Soya

well agreed with@Kzone, i dont mind if its a new car.

for used car, best is to drive to your trusted workshop. For my current car, i was told that it was accident free, dealer even guranteed it but i insist that my mechanic have it checked. Upon inspection, was found that it got rear ended before. I used it to my advantage and manage to nego 4k lower.

↡ Advertisement

For B&B new cars, can no need to test drive lo, esp if you are on some budget which only 1-2 cars that you can buy, whether got test drive or not you would still left with not much choice to buy.

Why not?

My i45 was used. And never had any problems at all. Drove all the way to Penang twice and nothing wrong with it. Got it when it was 2 years old. Sold it at 6.5 years old.

Current car also used and no test drive. PA changed a few stuff for me out of warranty.

All i need is to feel the interior space of the car. This is the utmost important criteria for me. Big size need big space. Jumping from one sedan to another sedan, the drive is more or less the same.

Cannot say liddat la. U mean Camry and A6 drive is more or less the same? Both big size bah

I feel there's a need to test drive. Sit in a stationary car you will be distracted by things that are not important. When test driving you will be focused on the drive and how the car handles.

There are some cars with offset or awkward driving positions. The steering wheel is offset to the left or right and not align center with the driver. Needless to say you spent a lot of time driving, the driver's position is what I deem as most priority. If it's going to be awkward or tiring after a while of driving, it's a no for me.

Cannot say liddat la. U mean Camry and A6 drive is more or less the same? Both big size bah

For that one round of leng kee, i can say the drive will be similar except for acceleration.

If got test drive from SG to Meleka, then different story.

Did not test drive my second Honda when I bought from Kah Motor as I was familiar with Honda design and handling by then.

For used car, test drive is essential.

For that one round of leng kee, i can say the drive will be similar except for acceleration.

Errmmm.....no comment then

My first car was new and OPC from AD.. noob and never test drive. Nego till price & freebies ok than onz the deal.

2nd car used from cousin. Also got it when price is right.. never test. Just based on what cousin told me.

3rd car used from dealer. This I test drive TWICE. Made sure all fine before buying.

I will say I learn alot from MCF.. most sellers will lie all they can to for the highest price.. haha

• Praise 5

Twincharged

Frankly, to a normal person that just uses the car from point A to point B, all cars in the same segment usually feels the same one la especially if driving short distance only.

My aunty buy car she say why BMW market as the ultimate driving machine but doesn't feel different from her Camry at all. I have met many people who also can't feel the difference except for the power. But to these kind of people, even B&B car you floor the accelerator they also feel its very fast already.

• Praise 4

Frankly, to a normal person that just uses the car from point A to point B, all cars in the same segment usually feels the same one la especially if driving short distance only.

My aunty buy car she say why BMW market as the ultimate driving machine but doesn't feel different from her Camry at all. I have met many people who also can't feel the difference except for the power. But to these kind of people, even B&B car you floor the accelerator they also feel its very fast already.

I guess the keyword here is ‘aunty’ .....lol

Twincharged

I guess the keyword here is ‘aunty’ .....lol

That one is the only experience I rmb la. Quite a number of my friends and colleagues who aren't into cars also can't feel the difference one. They only care about how big and luxurious the car is. Or the Badge.

if one is the seller and your car is somewhat special. would you allow every tom dick and harry to test drive, if they come and view the car?

• Praise 1

I brought new car twice without test drive. But for used cars, must test drive before buy or better still drive to your trusted mechanic to check the car before buying. If the dealer don't allow test drive, just walk away.

I bought 3 new cars without test drive!

• Praise 1

Thats true, one round of leng kee cant really tell much, many times like test drive like no test drive like that. Lol.

if one is the seller and your car is somewhat special. would you allow every tom dick and harry to test drive, if they come and view the car?

Can usually gauge if buyer is genuine or juz a joyrider.

If i tink he/she is genuine, i would actually encourage them to drive it for themselves altho they may look paiseh

Thats true, one round of leng kee cant really tell much, many times like test drive like no test drive like that. Lol.

Can lah. Accelerate out of the showroom for the first 100m on Leng Kee oredi can know if its a dud or not. And I don’t mean trying to set a 0-100kmh record

My cars so far never test drive before haha... Jus tell them send to my usual workshop let my mech see see look look.

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement