• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic | 88 praises

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

SGCMHello
  • SGCMHello
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone has any model to recommend ?

- HD recording
- Clear recording at night or dim lighting
- Can record people scratching, of course when car is parked with engine off.

Blackvue or Thinkware better??? Or any better brand? Which model?

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

- HD recording

You need more than a 2 ch camera. Blackvue, thinkware, iroad and most car dash camera only got 2 ch which is to record the front and back. To catch car scratcher, you need cameras to cover your whole car so at least 4-ch or even 6 ch. Even with 6-ch also cannot ensure that you can catch the car scratcher.

Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Taylormaid
  • Taylormaid
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

- HD recording

OH No>Of No use of those cameras<Those cant really capture if the damaged scratches were on ur door>you can try carosell or Grumtree>I think I saw a few selling such equipment to record on windows :)

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

the best cam to capture those scratches is the dash cam of the car parked opposite to yours
Adrianli praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Park opposite the cam in carpark 👍
Carbon82 praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Park opposite the cam in carpark ð

this one sure no horse run

7 X twenty mega pixels cameras

google-street-view-car-1.jpg
Ct3833 praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Taylormaid
  • Taylormaid
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

blind spot recording on parking surveillance
https://sg.carousell.com/p/149962331

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the best cam to capture those scratches is the dash cam of the car parked opposite to yours

Yup. U are right. Unless the person is scratching the bonnet or boot. For sides, very difficult to capture both the scratching action and the person's face doing the act.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Since mata don't care, what's the available option?

Even though video captured the culprit, 1 still need mata to ID the culprit

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

Jwee85
  • Jwee85
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Nikon P900 super duper zoom.

got for photographing birds and monkeys too

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

Nicholas
  • Premium member
    Nicholas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Have seen somebody park illegally and block walkway when I was staying at Yew Tee, car kenna long scratch, side of boot to side of bonnet. I was walking past when the guy's mother was like, "your car kenna ppl scratch leh!" The guy's face look damn sian. Funny. Got carpark don't want park.

Best way to prevent such scratching is to treat everyone with respect as you drive, don't anyhow park just to convenient yourself and don't park near walkways. 

I think a 2 ch cam is enough to deter. You can use the 2nd ch in the cabin instead of boot to see side and back. Make sure you get those blink super fast and obvious one when motion detected. My thinkware F800 pro doesn't do that. It's like always in stealth mode with dim lights. 

Alternatively you can install a few of these. It's a fake cam with blinking lights.

792967886.g_0-w_g.jpg

<script> </script>

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Source for 360 degrees video camera lor..

Example will be..

Edited by Yewheng, 29 January 2018 - 08:51 PM.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If you do video the dude identification would still be tough, better just park the car somewhere discreet if possible.

Alternatively is to catch the guy in action :P

- HD recording

My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Source for 360 degrees video camera lor..

Example will be..

If install in car, where is the best spot? 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Once, when I was parking my car next to another car of the same model and colour as mine, I saw several long deep scratches running down the doors. Then next I noticed the car has car cams mounted on the front doors just behind the wing mirrors. Obviously he is a targetted victim of a serial car scratcher. Or he has enemies.

I quickly moved out from that car park to park somewhere, lest I become a victim too, due to mistaken identity.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

Taylormaid
  • Taylormaid
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Once, when I was parking my car next to another car of the same model and colour as mine, I saw several long deep scratches running down the doors. Then next I noticed the car has car cams mounted on the front doors just behind the wing mirrors. Obviously he is a targetted victim of a serial car scratcher. Or he has enemies.

I quickly moved out from that car park to park somewhere, lest I become a victim too, due to mistaken identity.

😮 whoa.where the carpark-area 2 avoid please

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:43 PM

5kylark
  • 5kylark
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any new methods in 2019 what with 360° cams, PolCams and so many other cars have dash cam?

>
Any new methods in 2019 what with 360° cams, PolCams and so many other cars have dash cam?

>

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

- HD recording

My advise, when you park, make sure that opposite your car are some cars facing yours.

Take down their numbers and when spotted your car being scratched, approach those cars owner for their cam recoding..   [sly]

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:45 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My advise, when you park, make sure that opposite your car are some cars facing yours.

Take down their numbers and when spotted your car being scratched, approach those cars owner for their cam recoding..   [sly]

but not all cars have 24/7 recording.. Its best to find out which cars have their cams working 24/7 and park opposite them. 

Enye, Angcheek, Carbon82 and Pohhenry praised this

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I live on the second floor and have a CCTV pointing towards the car park right below. My car is always parked in certain lots within the range of the night vision . . I think is 10 meters (?) 

Angcheek and Pohhenry praised this
Me Newcastle fan

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: camera, scratch, thinkware and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users