Keeping cash at home

Ysc3

Twincharged

Quite true what you said - most of the times...

I also go by this, except for the rare notes/coins. The new $1 coin was going to become common, so no point keeping.

But the rare stuff like the SG50 commemorative set and the $25 notes, i would keep if i have lor. Wait a few generations, can maybe be a decent investment  [laugh]

there are these special $10 commemorative notes with some wording printed across the note ... they are in circulation too ... maybe printed a tad too many.

this collectibles are just like any collectible ... beauty in the eyes of the beholder.

my family just hate my father's collections.

↡ Advertisement

http://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/fire-at-serangoon-north-flat-owner-and-family-fled-barefoot-10k-cash-in-safe-burnt-to

just wondering, why would anyone keep so much cash at home ??

I don't even have $100 at home ...well, maybe in coins ...

the other day the gas man came and changed my gas regulator(due outdated) ... $90 ... had to ask him to come back another day after paying for the gas tank only ...

my wallet also have lesser than $20 ...

I am trying to go cashless ...

Usually I am cashless even before I can try keeping any cash at home.

there are these special $10 commemorative notes with some wording printed across the note ... they are in circulation too ... maybe printed a tad too many.

this collectibles are just like any collectible ... beauty in the eyes of the beholder.

yah, you're probably right that too many were printed. See who has the staying power lor...

What collections does your father have? If you hate them, and if they have value, then just monetise them. kill 2 birds with one stone.  [laugh]

Or give your kids next time.

• Praise 4

Your liability for cc fraud without insurance is something like 500 dollars. If you buy insurance then might be able to claim as well.

If you Kanna mugged with 10k on you in auusie land, you might be able to claim 500 back from insurance only.

Cc still the safest lah.

I know, but I kena fraud before in Aussie land thus paranoid lol

Have Bank app on your phone.

You can check transactions every now & then.

cc transactions don't show up immediately.

but for me I don't really care ... money is mean to be spent/used, not meant for keeping.

just like when the current $1 coin came out ...I used it to buy toto ... and the lady asked me "why aren't you keeping these?"

I just told her the same thing.

I am still holding on to those silver colour one dollar coin with lion head. I think got thirty plus of them..

Value appreciate or not? If not..pass it to my son until the value appreciated than sell.

cc transactions don't show up immediately.

Usually it will show up within 12hrs.

If fishy transactions pops up, can immediately call bank to report.

Rather than waiting till getting statements.

Twincharged

I am still holding on to those silver colour one dollar coin with lion head. I think got thirty plus of them..

Value appreciate or not? If not..pass it to my son until the value appreciated than sell.

problem is nowadays ... many people start to collect liow ... so its not rare anymore .... so value will not appreciate that much ... so its probably going to be a very long wait.

... unless your coins ... say maybe the lion got no eyes or missing something ... then I think you can retire liow !

Usually it will show up within 12hrs.

If fishy transactions pops up, can immediately call bank to report.

Rather than waiting till getting statements.

depends on the amount ...

my cc only 6k limit ... so when my wife secretly went to buy a 1.5k Gucci handbag with my card, I got a sms immediately after she swiped my card ! my hair stood up when I saw the transaction report ... I though kenah conmen liow ... but managed to ctc my wife after 10 mins and she admitted buying the bag.

my cc only 6k limit ... so when my wife secretly went to buy a 1.5k Gucci handbag with my card, I got a sms immediately after she swiped my card ! my hair stood up when I saw the transaction report ... I though kenah conmen liow ... but managed to ctc my wife after 10 mins and she admitted buying the bag.

Did you take away the card?

How did you resolve this?

Wife buy is worse than cc fraud - fraud can report to bank and bank will wear the cost... wife, you gotta bear it.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Did you take away the card?

How did you resolve this?

Wife buy is worse than cc fraud - fraud can report to bank and bank will wear the cost... wife, you gotta bear it.

I let her keep the card and reminded her its for "emergency" only ...

.....  and stopped her allowance for 3 months !!

I let her keep the card and reminded her its for "emergency" only ...

.....  and stopped her allowance for 3 months !!

Is your wife working? [sweatdrop]

Twincharged

So cruel you

you all very jialat you know ...

if I say I do nothing, you all will say I wussy ...

now I say I do something, you all say I cruel ...

进退两难.... :a-whiteflag:  :a-whiteflag:  :a-whiteflag:  :a-SOS:  :a-SOS:  :a-SOS:

• Praise 2

you all very jialat you know ...

if I say I do nothing, you all will say I wussy ...

now I say I do something, you all say I cruel ...

进退两难.... :a-whiteflag:

I would have taken away her card.... stay in SG where got "emergencies".

Anyway, my wife doesn't get allowance from me and definitely not a cc  [sweatdrop]

Twincharged
(edited)

I would have taken away her card.... stay in SG where got "emergencies".

Anyway, my wife doesn't get allowance from me and definitely not a cc  [sweatdrop]

you might have read, my wife is a foreigner ... so unlike locals, she might not have cash readily avail to her in case of emergencies so I give her a card just in case.

and yes, she gets allowance from me too, even though she is working part-time.

Edited by Ysc3

heng my wife at least will sms and ask me "what is your cc limit huh?"

then max out!   [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1