Food poisoning

Ysc3

ya lor. Whenever I see my parents bring home and put in fridge, I sure take and throw away, saying they've gone bad. God knows what time the food were prepared !! 

I've done it before also. But as a precaution, i usually only let me or the wife eat  [laugh] never our children

↡ Advertisement

I've done it before also. But as a precaution, i usually only let me or the wife eat  [laugh] never our children

I used to do that. Then I realised nowadays the buffet food doesn't "last" . Out of 4 or 5 packs, sure got 1 or 2 smell a bit off. So now I don't tabao anymore. But yeah, really such a waste to see all the unconsumed food being trashed 

we will drop this particular case;

but what if the victims were all unrelated and do not know each other and all lived in different parts of SG and visited different DRs ? will the Drs be able to establish a case of suspected food poisoning ?

if "they" cannot find a link to connect an unrelated group of people to a certain eatery which caused the FP, the there would be many eateries that got away coz no victim group can pinpoint back to them right ?

food poisoning not big deal, usually vomit and lao sai 2 days over liao. Unless someone died then they will start to trace.

If the establishment didn't not improve on their hygiene, soon more cases will be traced to them and hold them responsible. The transmission usually cause by staff who is a carrier of certain bacteria or he didn't go through typhoid vaccine injection for food preparation.

The good thing in Singapore is all F&B personnel must take this typhoid vaccine injection so that the problem stop there. However most country do not practice that and if you travel and want to be protected, you must take the typhoid jab before flying off. You never know what those people handling the food are clean or not  [sweatdrop]

I used to do that. Then I realised nowadays the buffet food doesn't "last" . Out of 4 or 5 packs, sure got 1 or 2 smell a bit off. So now I don't tabao anymore. But yeah, really such a waste to see all the unconsumed food being trashed 

i only consume on the same day, say lunch, then eat for dinner.

I think I'm semi cautious cos of my profession. My wife is much more daring though i've repeatedly warned her  -_- sometimes non frozen food leftover like soups etc if more than 2 days or what i will discard, but my wife will still take like 3-4 days later.

Sometimes i just throw away when i see it. 

yeah lah, most of us just use our smell or taste to decide. works 80% of the time. haha

You never know what those people handling the food are clean or not  [sweatdrop]

I saw the back alley of Jalan Alor before ............. better not to see  :D  :D

I saw the back alley of Jalan Alor before ............. better not to see  :D  :D

what to see then dun eat, what to eat then dun think of what you have seen   [laugh]  [laugh]

food poisoning not big deal, usually vomit and lao sai 2 days over liao. Unless someone died then they will start to trace.

If the establishment didn't not improve on their hygiene, soon more cases will be traced to them and hold them responsible. The transmission usually cause by staff who is a carrier of certain bacteria or he didn't go through typhoid vaccine injection for food preparation.

The good thing in Singapore is all F&B personnel must take this typhoid vaccine injection so that the problem stop there. However most country do not practice that and if you travel and want to be protected, you must take the typhoid jab before flying off. You never know what those people handling the food are clean or not  [sweatdrop]

actually typhoid vaccination is no longer routine. Think they deemed it not as effective as other routine hygiene measures.

actually typhoid vaccination is no longer routine. Think they deemed it not as effective as other routine hygiene measures.

different type of vaccine? more injection to take?   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

last time my son went china on school excursion, took about 3 jabs   [sweatdrop]

Edited by Jman888

different type of vaccine? more injection to take?   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

last time my son went china on school excursion, took about 3 jabs   [sweatdrop]

For a traveller, the typhoid vaccine is effective in preventing typhoid fever (but not paratyphoid infections etc).

But as a tool to prevent food contamination, it's not deemed effective, hence it was stopped several years ago. Though some specific organisations still require it.