Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?

kobayashiGT

Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?

• Singapore
    • Singapore but go back Authorized Dealer
    • Malaysia
    • Do it myself

For me, any forms of repair I go to my regular workshop at Benefit Auto workshop at   7 Kaki Bukit Rd 1. I have been going to the same boss Eric for coming 8 years. 

For my ten thousand tyre rotation, I go to Leong Sent Tyre shop.

As for servicing, I will go to my authorised workshop for the 8000km engine oil change.

Sharing.

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, 

Can you all help me with this polls? I would like to garner genuine feedback from you guys on your servicing and tyre change routine. 

giphy.gif

Recently, I have receive feedback from workshops that their business is slow even during this CNY period. My objective here is to understand and study how can workshop better facilitate our motoring need and advice them accordingly. your opinion and feedback is very valuable to us!      

I will randomly reward 10 participants with our MCF cashcard! 

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

submitted.

i do my servicing at 3rd party workshops after the FOC servicing by AD is used up.

i change my tyres at Leong Seng or Arrow Tyres usually.

maybe you can feedback to the workshops in general, most of them are closed for this week. so if they are closed, business of course slow :)

Done with the poll.

Car still new not even 3 months so will go AD till free servicing ends.

For old ride, always do servicing, tyre rotation and balancing and even alignment all under 1 ws in JB.

Except for wear and tear items, basically old ride was smooth all the way till scrap.

For tyre change, always did in SG only becos JB dun have the tyre I want.

Bro Koba, your sponsors will be very pleased to see this:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/ageing-car-population-drives-up-workshop-business

Singapore's car population has aged noticeably in the last decade, a trend that has ramped up business for vehicle workshops.

According to Land Transport Authority (LTA) statistics, the number of cars nine years or older stood at 163,323 as at end-2017, making up 26.7 per cent of the car population. In 2007, there were 30,529 such cars, which accounted for 5.9 per cent of the car population.

The statistics showed the percentage of older cars climbing sharply from 2013, when new car prices shot up on the back of near-record certificate of entitlement (COE) prices. COE premiums hovered close to $100,000 that year. This prompted many owners to revalidate the COE on their existing cars, instead of buying a new one. Each COE lasts for 10 years. Motorists can extend it for another five or 10 years by paying the prevailing quota premium, which is an average of prices in the preceding three months.

Mr Jeremy Soh, director of workshop operator Ricardo Auto Centre, said: "From an annual depreciation standpoint, COE extension is very reasonable." Currently, renewing a car COE for five years costs just over $20,000, and some $40,000 for 10. A new car with COE starts from around $80,000.

The trend is expected to continue. According to the LTA, 31,088 car COEs were revalidated last year - 5.3 per cent more than the previous record high in 2016.

Mr Soh said that with several popular cars such as the Honda Vezel having been accorded carbon tax breaks in recent years, more people will choose to keep their cars beyond 10 years. This is because the scrap rebate of such cars - which is forfeited once a vehicle reaches 10 years old - is substantially smaller after the carbon rebate. Hence, owners would have to forgo much less should they choose to keep their cars.

Mr Soh added: "People are realising that they don't need to change their car every 10 years."

st_20180226_vncar_3790240.jpg

As a result, business for workshops has been brisk. "It has been better for us. To keep their cars longer, people come in to change parts such as suspension, engine mounts and air-con parts, and even for new paintwork."

• Praise 1

i used to go JB during weekends few years back but recent year, the tolls and the jam getting worse.. and something can't really save some $$ unless you can go in during weekdays.. or stay around North.. 

JB workmanship is very cheap, and skillful too but they normally don't carry alot of parts esp for repairs.. 

Any recommendations for just regular servicing in the north area?

Saw one earlier in the thread, but it's closed on my off day.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I thought you just bought a new car?

Should have servicing package.

That's for my wife. My older one needs servicing. Always done it with AD or last time my dad used to bring it somewhere to service (no longer convenient location for me).

Edited by Lala81

Any recommendations for just regular servicing in the north area?

Saw one earlier in the thread, but it's closed on my off day.

Sggarage? For normal oil change still ok

Sggarage? For normal oil change still ok

yeah but the AMK servicing branch is closed on my rest day. Anyway will see how, maybe go down late afternoon after work one day.

the perks i had with a car tyre shop is not only service, job quality but also lifetime free nitrogen top up when buying their tyres

so far ,went back to soon huat tyres at toh guan everytime but prices i am not too sure if they are the competitive or cheapest around 

any car guru can answer ?

opens till late.

http://bhauto.com.sg/

serviced here on tues.

Oil change, oil filter change (i brought my own oil and also the filter cos i not sure if my car's oil filter is commonly available), tyre rotation. 

↡ Advertisement