How to bypass subletting n not get caught

Sdf4786k

Eviction procedure plus confiscate deposit plus report police.

That should do it. But a good agent will screen properly lah.

and your point being is that if the agent boh chup, boh hui and authrity chase who? Agent or Landlord?

If authority chase landlord, whats the incentive to follow up for the Landlord? Landlord go jail mah...

Thats why I mention, dont scare, ... Landlord kanna kao kao.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

and your point being is that if the agent boh chup, boh hui and authrity chase who? Agent or Landlord?

If authority chase landlord, whats the incentive to follow up for the Landlord? Landlord go jail mah...

Thats why I mention, dont scare, ... Landlord kanna kao kao..

The authorities also do background checks when the tenant is registered.

In fact they check much more thoroughly.

One will only be penalised heavily if he wants to save agent fees, don’t declare income from rent, etc. Then end up with problematic tenants.

One will only be penalised heavily if he wants to save agent fees, don’t declare income from rent, etc. Then end up with problematic tenants.

ok,, I see where you coming from. What you are saying is go under the radar and rent out the place, yet dont inform that the place is tananted out.

Highly impossible. I quite law abiding. Earn that saving in taxes is not worth the long term hassle. Tanant nowadays are well conversant of the Singapore law leaning towards the Tanant then the landlord.

HDB is also targetting the landlord as well.

And ICA dont even want to provide a case number..lol so its pretty easy to go un notice.

What I fear most is the recent unknown element in our mist may create alot of opportunity if left uncheck.

• Praise 1

ok,, I see where you coming from. What you are saying is go under the radar and rent out the place, yet dont inform that the place is tananted out.

Highly impossible. I quite law abiding. Earn that saving in taxes is not worth the long term hassle. Tanant nowadays are well conversant of the Singapore law leaning towards the Tanant then the landlord.

HDB is also targetting the landlord as well.

And ICA dont even want to provide a case number..lol so its pretty easy to go un notice.

What I fear most is the recent unknown element in our mist may create alot of opportunity if left uncheck.

In fact, my tenants’ employers issue warnings for them not to sublet especially to illegal immigrants, as this will jeopardise their employment pass validity.

So if go through legal path and properly registered, it will be very safe. The whole system is designed to smoke out illegal immigrants.

If try to save here save there then make sure you check properly (somehow).

Edited by Showster

I understand that a lot of the tenants, especially those who are married, will from time to time have relatives visiting SG. Parents might come over stay a week, then in-laws will do the same at another time. Is this allowed?

Plus if it is a 4-room flat, which is rented out to 6 pax (2 per room), then suddenly got a couple (the parents) come over, and the tenants ask for permission to let them stay one week - can or not leh?

• Praise 1

I understand that a lot of the tenants, especially those who are married, will from time to time have relatives visiting SG. Parents might come over stay a week, then in-laws will do the same at another time. Is this allowed?

Plus if it is a 4-room flat, which is rented out to 6 pax (2 per room), then suddenly got a couple (the parents) come over, and the tenants ask for permission to let them stay one week - can or not leh?

ST article from 2013.

post-40565-0-88039800-1518515391_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 6

make sure you provide personal transport to your guest, if not kena pao toh by taxi driver   [laugh]  [laugh]

Sengkang flat illegally leased on Airbnb gets discovered by taxi driver after picking up tourists
CK TAN
STOMP  Mar 09, 2018

save_0.jpg?itok=RCxwlIHM
A taxi driver accidentally stumbled upon a flat in Sengkang which had been illegally leased out on Airbnb, while he was ferrying some tourists from Changi Airport on Tuesday (March 7).

The cabby alerted Shin Min Daily News to the incident on Wednesday (March 8) and reporters later spoke to the owner of the flat who said that she was unaware that such leasing was illegal.

According to the cabby, Mr Hong, the tourists asked to head to Sengkang.

He said: "Those two tourists directly passed me an invoice retrieved from Airbnb that had the address on it.

"When I found out that this was a Housing and Development Board (HDB) flat, I started feeling that something was wrong.

"I remember that according to regulations, it is illegal to lease out HDB flats for short-term stays."

After taking a look at the invoice, Mr Hong told the tourists that the destination they were headed to was not a hotel, nor was it a residential unit allowed for short-term stays under the regulations.

However, the tourists replied that the owner of the flat was also staying in the flat with them.

Mr Hong continued: "When we arrived at Fernvale Link in Sengkang, I realised that the place was really an HDB flat. I started questioning myself if the regulations have changed."

Reporters later found a listing of the unit based on a photo of the invoice sent by Mr Hong.

They discovered that the owner charged $42 a night for one room, and there were 45 positive reviews on the listing.

After that, the reporters paid a visit to the flat.

The female owner of the flat said that she was unclear if this was against regulations, and thought that it was fine for her to rent out her room.

She said: "We looked at the Airbnb website and found that so many other people renting out their houses."

When reporters searched on Airbnb for the listing again on Wednesday (March 7), they found that it had been taken down.

• Praise 1

(edited)

taxi uncle so nice, he better not break any rules at all man  [thumbsup]

Anyway, "unaware" my balls !!  [laugh]

Many try to pretend to be a virgin.

Can not blame them after not getting caught

As long as its civil and not criminal, the authorities like the police cannot do anything.

Let us move on.

Edited by Sdf4786k

make sure you provide personal transport to your guest, if not kena pao toh by taxi driver   [laugh]  [laugh]

but if provide transport also, the $42 per night already reduced by more than half liao lor... boh huah liao...  :D

wah, one night $42, if one month rents out 20 nights, will get $840... if biz is good and rents out 30 nights, will be $1260. If got 2 rooms to rent out, will be $2520... 

no wonder dares to say 'don't know'  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

is locked 1room still working?

let’s say stay in jb and come to stay 1-2 nights in spore every month

hence, it’s not considered let out whole unit

owner still stay in ... the rental income tax is a lot lower

Edited by Wt_know

is locked 1room still working?

letâs say stay in jb and come to stay 1-2 nights in spore every month

hence, itâs not considered let out whole unit

owner still stay in ... the rental income tax is a lot lower

If rent out whole unit can claim interest rebate.

Depends on the unit and size, the amount can be huge as well.

Lock 1 rm cannot I think. Income tax lower but actual rent collected is also lower.

If rent out whole unit can claim interest rebate.

Depends on the unit and size, the amount can be huge as well.

Lock 1 rm cannot I think. Income tax lower but actual rent collected is also lower.

property is fully paid. hence, interest rebate is no use.

the consideration is rental tax whether property is owner occupied or not (very high tax). can 1 owner justify that he stay in multiple property?

Edited by Wt_know

Authorities are not silly.

1 couple can only declare stay in one property.

property is fully paid. hence, interest rebate is no use.
the consideration is rental tax whether property is owner occupied or not (very high tax). can 1 owner justify that he stay in multiple property?

but if provide transport also, the $42 per night already reduced by more than half liao lor... boh huah liao...  :D

wah, one night $42, if one month rents out 20 nights, will get $840... if biz is good and rents out 30 nights, will be $1260. If got 2 rooms to rent out, will be $2520... 

no wonder dares to say 'don't know'  [lipsrsealed]

plus "IRAS" evasion ?

• Praise 1

I hope all this illegal subletting and short term rental landlords get caught and fined heavily.

I wont hesitate to report if i know of any.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3