How to bypass subletting n not get caught

Sdf4786k

will their agent licence be revoked

The pair, whose licenses have been revoked by the Council of Estate Agencies, had regularly advertised the units on online platforms such as home-sharing site Airbnb for between $198 to $335 per night. The pair admitted that they earned $19,000 over a period of five weeks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i think $60k not significant deterrent enough.

maybe chiong gong their airbnb property then everyone will pull back.

wah... this will be very terok for them... but chiong gong liao, give to who? Govt? 

also hor, if down the road govt on consultation (it's ongoing now right?), somehow relaxes and legalises AirBnB, then they sure kpkb...  [laugh]

Supersonic

With this type of fine I think many will take down liao, maybe left a few daring ones.

Not difficult to catch if they sign up with airbnb.

But so far seems like the authority did not catch all le?!

They have been renting out the units since late 2015. What is $120K?

Somemore they are property agents I don't think these are the only units they have in their hands.

Renting out their units since 2015? But only in 2018 then get caught?

Turbocharged

wah... this will be very terok for them... but chiong gong liao, give to who? Govt? 

also hor, if down the road govt on consultation (it's ongoing now right?), somehow relaxes and legalises AirBnB, then they sure kpkb...  [laugh]

govt auctions the property. proceeds goes to Comm Chest.

but the owner will still have to settle o/s loans with the banks.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

My bigger question is, why just catch the agent? Why not catch the owner as well? That would have sent a stronger message.

My bigger question is, why just catch the agent? Why not catch the owner as well? That would have sent a stronger message.

those owners could be just speculator who dun care how the agent manage their properties.

Thousands of hdb occupants flouting hdb law by placing their rubbish along corridors, burning incense along corridors, nailing fixtures along hdb corridors, keeping cats in hdb, using hdb for all kinds of business (hairdressing, warehouse, pet lodging etc), renting rooms but not declaring income etc etc etc how come never hear people get caught for these things? Those who use airbnb is just a tiny fraction compared to those I mentioned.

If I bring laptop home and work from home....

Do I need to pay corporate tax?

If I bring laptop home and work from home....

Do I need to pay corporate tax?

You are taxed ar source in singapore. If your online business is registered in singapore, you need to pay tax. Of course whether you declare or not is another thing.

Twincharged

Din know the owner also benefited.. i thot the agent earn 16K a week from rental for AirBnB ?

Din know the owner also benefited.. i thot the agent earn 16K a week from rental for AirBnB ?

I thought AirBNB is illegal. The agent was caught,  the owner may receive warning letter though not punished 

↡ Advertisement