• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
151 replies to this topic | 311 praises

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

zgim80
  • Premium member
    zgim80
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

well, unless Ferrari sees there strategic merits of taking points away from Merc via a Team B. Ferrari has botched up its pit calls a few times this season, so its good to have a Team B around to take points away from Merc. And Leclerc is still an unknown in a top team.

Towards the middle of the season, I always predict Ferrari screwing up strategy calls in the race after a very decent FP and Quali. 

Sadly always proven right. 

Edited by zgim80, 22 October 2018 - 09:48 AM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:55 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Towards the middle of the season, I always predict Ferrari screwing up strategy calls in the race after a very decent FP and Quali. 

Sadly always proven right. 

Guess they got it right yesterday when they predicted that Lewis would need to 2-stop.

Noticed Kimi's little dummy twitch at the entrance to the pit lane during VSC. I also thought it was a mistake not to pit Kimi during VSC. Haha.

But Kimi did exactly what he had to do, take P1 from Lewis and he did that right at the first corner. Cool.

focus

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:59 AM

zgim80
  • Premium member
    zgim80
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Guess they got it right yesterday when they predicted that Lewis would need to 2-stop.

Noticed Kimi's little dummy twitch at the entrance to the pit lane during VSC. I also thought it was a mistake not to pit Kimi during VSC. Haha.

But Kimi did exactly what he had to do, take P1 from Lewis and he did that right at the first corner. Cool.

Kimi's strategy team screwed him over too many times this season. Could have done way better given his obvious racing pedigree. He delivered when he was given the tools and opportunity.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

Spring

yeah, iirc, Bot had to move aside to hand an almost-certain victory to Lewis once.

Brashness and recklessness aside, Max has been impressive this season, putting his Renault-powered car where it should not be. For US he went from P18 to P2.

A racing driver has to be aggressive, daring, skilful n decisive on when to take risks n that’s where Hamilton, Vettel, Schumacher n even Alonso displays this n that’s why they are champions. Max has what it takes but there is a fine line drawn between taking risks n being reckless n unfortunately, Max has been reckless on occasions but he is still young so I expect him to make better decisions as he gains experience.

He does look like a potential future Champ if he remains grounded.

I remember Jenson Button as being the opposite of the above drivers by being a safe driver that doesn’t take many risks n frankly he became Champ only because of the many mistakes of other drivers that year. In short, he was Champ coz he made less mistakes, not what u expect from an F1 Champ but to fair, he won it fair n square but just not my cup of tea.
Uncle2, Carbon82, Angcheek and Mercs praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A racing driver has to be aggressive, daring, skilful n decisive on when to take risks n that’s where Hamilton, Vettel, Schumacher n even Alonso displays this n that’s why they are champions. Max has what it takes but there is a fine line drawn between taking risks n being reckless n unfortunately, Max has been reckless on occasions but he is still young so I expect him to make better decisions as he gains experience.

He does look like a potential future Champ if he remains grounded.

I remember Jenson Button as being the opposite of the above drivers by being a safe driver that doesn’t take many risks n frankly he became Champ only because of the many mistakes of other drivers that year. In short, he was Champ coz he made less mistakes, not what u expect from an F1 Champ but to fair, he won it fair n square but just not my cup of tea.

Yup, Max has the talent and the instinct. The car is like 20 horses down on the Merc and Ferrari and he is up there scrapping with them. Almost like a young M Schu. And Bot has finished a few races behind Max. Soon Max will realise that championship is about collecting the points at the end of the race, not just fancy moves here and there. This kid got real potential. 

Jenson was really heng lor, largely due to rear diffuser

Hope Honda engine will be what Honda engine used to be during the glory days, then we see a 3-horse race in 2019 instead of the same old same old on the grid race after race. 

Kimi's strategy team screwed him over too many times this season. Could have done way better given his obvious racing pedigree. He delivered when he was given the tools and opportunity.

Yes, I think Kimi would easily have one more win under this belt this season if the strategy had been right.

Cannot remember which race, they called him in for pit stop quite early and he just ran out of tyres during the last 5 laps, by then too late for another pit stop for fresh rubbers.

But alas, Team Ferrari was focusing on Vet and No 5 lor ... 

focus

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You watch out !!!

[:p]

Ocon did cost Max a win.

Force India drivers this year ...  [shakehead]

Angcheek praised this
focus

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:42 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

https://www.planetf1...e-was-imminent/

With the constructors and driver's championship over, will we see a lot of engine failure or accident in the next race?

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:39 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Max Verstappen ordered to do 'public service' after clash with Esteban Ocon

https://edition.cnn....intl/index.html

focus

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Last race of the season. Lots of musical chairs going around.
Carbon82 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

TheCarrotNinja
  • TheCarrotNinja
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hello all F1 fans on here.

I recently went to Singapore in September for a holiday with family. It was amazing, I went to many tourist attractions including Universal Studios, Singapore Flyer and Singapore Botanic Gardens (A world heritage site). However my favourite place was buying my first ever F1 Ticket for the Formula 1 event. I brought my F1 ticket in Singapore and I have been a Formula 1 fan for a very long time. I had an amazing time attending this event in central Singapore and I made a YouTube video about my F1 experience in that city. I wanted to share that F1 experience with you on here so here is my F1 YouTube video in Singapore 2018, Enjoy smile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by TheCarrotNinja, 26 December 2018 - 06:32 PM.

DACH praised this

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:46 AM

TheCarrotNinja
  • TheCarrotNinja
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hello all F1 fans on here.

I recently went to Singapore in September for a holiday with family. It was amazing, I went to many tourist attractions including Universal Studios, Singapore Flyer and Singapore Botanic Gardens (A world heritage site). However my favourite place was buying my first ever F1 Ticket for the Formula 1 event. I brought my F1 ticket in Singapore and I have been a Formula 1 fan for a very long time. I had an amazing time attending this event in central Singapore and I made a YouTube video about my F1 experience in that city. I wanted to share that F1 experience with you on here so here is my F1 YouTube video in Singapore 2018, Enjoy smile.gifsmile.gif

Hello. A new and updated video: 

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

SteveeAnders79

Hey, guys. Haven't seen F1 for ages, who is at the top now? Both teams and drivers. Was total Ferrari fan, watching Schumaher's and Barichello's victories. Such a nostalgia to read all u wrote above. 

Back to Motorsports  ·  General Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users