Synology NAS

dcb

Turbocharged

Any users here? Any one knows why i am unable to see a external HDD connected to the NAS using USB on the back in the file station? I am able to see that a external HDD is mounted on the top right portion of the DSM interface.

↡ Advertisement

Any users here? Any one knows why i am unable to see a external HDD connected to the NAS using USB on the back in the file station? I am able to see that a external HDD is mounted on the top right portion of the DSM interface.

Could it be power insufficient

I faced that problem in my $30 3tier dock

It says can support 3 hdd at the same time when the power supply is 12v 3amp = 36w

When each had uses 25w

Crazy manufacturer

you can google the information. The external drive is only for backup so you usually don't see it in file station if i recall correctly.

I remember facing the same thing when i first started using my USB drive for backup. But its years ago so i can't remember liao.

Turbocharged

you can google the information. The external drive is only for backup so you usually don't see it in file station if i recall correctly.

I remember facing the same thing when i first started using my USB drive for backup. But its years ago so i can't remember liao.

I used to be able to see it and access. Wanted to transfer files from the data recovered Hard disk. Now have to do so from my MAC wirelessly

Your drive in exFat format? IIRC, needs a (paid) package install.

Yeah I think exFat

Could it be power insufficient

I faced that problem in my $30 3tier dock

It says can support 3 hdd at the same time when the power supply is 12v 3amp = 36w

When each had uses 25w

Crazy manufacturer

Can’t be
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I always use filestation to directly copy. faster and save 1 device in the middle.

Yeah I think exFat

Then you'll likely need to install the package, but not free iirc.

I used to be able to see it and access. Wanted to transfer files from the data recovered Hard disk. Now have to do so from my MAC wirelessly

Yeah I think exFat

Can’t be

oh so not 1st time user. then i dunno liao haha

Turbocharged

What package? 

I always use filestation to directly copy. faster and save 1 device in the middle.

Then you'll likely need to install the package, but not free iirc.

If you goto control panel -> Shared Folder do you see the drive there? Should be under USB something ...

Another possibility is that your user access needs to be setup to access the drive 

Control Panel->User->User Profile->Edit->Permissions

If your drive is NTFS or FAT32 it should be viewable

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1