COE Bidding – 1st Round of February 2018

Carbon82

COE Data Format  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Format Do You Prefer?

• Old Format
    • New Format
    • Others (Please indicate what changes you will like to see in your post)

Buying car needs experience and not just let the AD totally control the deal. While it is fine to go for non-guarantee 3 bids or 6 bids but always insist and insert a clause that you have the right to cancel the contract after each unsuccessful bid. If the AD wants your business, they will give in to your request. In this way, if the AD does not bid high and fail to secure the COE, you have the right to cancel the contract especially if the AD reduces the price of the car thereafter. You have the money in your hand and you should have some control over the deal and not let the AD total control. You have a lot more power over the AD because they want your money.

Just wondering.

Do u think we are buying Ferraris. Paganis etc?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Just wondering.

Do u think we are buying Ferraris. Paganis etc?

when i state my terms

SE said he laosai and want to go pangsai 2-3 hrs

ask me to wait if i want to wait ... lol

Sure. Try doing that to Borneo. Or CNC or kah. Good luck!

Do not buy from ADs whose cars sell by itself. If you must buy from them, then buy when the market is really bad.

Do not buy from ADs whose cars sell by itself. If you must buy from them, then buy when the market is really bad.

Duhz. I also know.

The fact remains most like to buy popular cars like odyssey. Mazda 3. Wish.

For such cars. U r just another retail client.

To change the terms n conditions just for you is silly. They r opening a can of worms if they do that.

But if u r buying a rolls Royce it's a different story. Then again, if u were to buy rolls Royce. U won't need to worry about non gtd Coe. Right?

• Praise 2

But the back row leg room really tight leh!

I m 1.82m,son 1.87m.

When he sit in driver seat,i cannot sit behind him,lol...

Tall people not suitable.Short people like me can.

My height in 170s cm nia.

Those cars are either niche and expensive or undesirable (Perodua Axia:Do you want one?)

Sure. Try doing that to Borneo. Or CNC or kah. Good luck!

Even Motor Image also cannot.

New fl coming, maybe clear stock. Better than buy a Thai camry at 150k la

Basic at 107K!!!!

Though basic,(no reverse cam?),but still priced seductively close to likes of Corolla.

Will buy in a heartbeat.

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 1

Actually no one really expected the coe to drop so much especially after the motorshow. The BM sales engineer told me that they were surprised because they actually sold quite a few cars during the motorshow. I think the way things are going, if you are able to wait a bit, the coe should drop in the months ahead.

Do you know that this incident is similar as last year or the year before too? Record has always been proven but ppls just simply choose to believe on hearsay instead of hard data. Who to blame if miss the boat? Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 1

Tall people not suitable.Short people like me can.

My height in 170s cm nia.

Those cars are either niche and expensive or undesirable (Perodua Axia:Do you want one?)

Even Motor Image also cannot.

Basic at 107K!!!!

Though basic,(no reverse cam?),but still priced seductively close to likes of Corolla.

Will buy in a heartbeat.

Now 2000cc car price r very competitive

For a mid sedan mazda 6at $107k is really very good deal. My friend is looking for Forester, he told me impreza 94k n Forester 97k lagi best deal. And I wonder will anyone really buy that Thai camry at 150k +-. Really don't make sense

• Praise 1

Buying car needs experience and not just let the AD totally control the deal. While it is fine to go for non-guarantee 3 bids or 6 bids but always insist and insert a clause that you have the right to cancel the contract after each unsuccessful bid. If the AD wants your business, they will give in to your request. In this way, if the AD does not bid high and fail to secure the COE, you have the right to cancel the contract especially if the AD reduces the price of the car thereafter. You have the money in your hand and you should have some control over the deal and not let the AD total control. You have a lot more power over the AD because they want your money.

I think you are very inexperienced in buying a car.
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

When are you going to shop for your next car ........ hope to learn from you
  • Praise 2

i wish that could be true which reflect true consumer rights. In Singapore buyer can get a good deal but control? No way !! SE will politely disagree with you and will attend next customer or go out for copi if no further customer. Someone should start car business where customers have control over bidding price and receive the full rebate if COE drop ;)

• Praise 1

For a mid sedan mazda 6at $107k is really very good deal. My friend is looking for Forester, he told me impreza 94k n Forester 97k lagi best deal. And I wonder will anyone really buy that Thai camry at 150k +-. Really don't make sense

Shit....I would shit in my pants if price of 2.0 impreza goes below 90k

But do you think the Subaru or the Mazda is more bang for buck?

• Praise 1

Nobody buy Toyota, except uncles and MPV lovers nowadays(Except Hilux)

Quite expensive

I.e addition of 5 more airbags,but almost 10k more expensive than mz2(though scrap difference is about 6k) and feels horrible (i.e vios)

People buy more of Hyundai,Kia, Mazda,Honda, Subaru nowadays.And not forgetting all sorts of continental cars.

I shall shit in my pants if 2.0 impreza falls below 90k.

Bro, when you go, please take a video secretly and share here so we all can learn the art of negotiation with the ADs. TIA.

I think Subaru is usually more bang for buck because the OMV is very low.

Yes,but mz6 is D segment,no?

Very tempting.

Bro, when you go, please take a video secretly and share here so we all can learn the art of negotiation with the ADs. TIA.

Very tempting.

Shit....I would shit in my pants if price of 2.0 impreza goes below 90k

But do you think the Subaru or the Mazda is more bang for buck?

Current coe, I think I go for impreza hb.

Bigger interior, bigger cc, AWD n safety features is better

Though I still love my mz hb interior n exterior but currently the price for a 1.5 cat A mz 3 should be more ex than a subaru impreza cat B.

Nobody buy Toyota, except uncles and MPV lovers nowadays(Except Hilux)

Quite expensive

I.e addition of 5 more airbags,but almost 10k more expensive than mz2(though scrap difference is about 6k) and feels horrible (i.e vios)

People buy more of Hyundai,Kia, Mazda,Honda, Subaru nowadays.And not forgetting all sorts of continental cars.

I shall shit in my pants if 2.0 impreza falls below 90k.

Very tempting.

Very tempting.

How much u bought ur impreza?

The harrier n chr not bad, price consider competitive in their class.

Their Thai series sedan really face palm.

Still sell so ex though now altis price r more competitive compared to last time but the interior really cmi

Anyone knows why japan made omv is so much lower than Thai made?

Jap labour is cheaper?lol..

↡ Advertisement