COE Bidding – 1st Round of February 2018

Carbon82

COE Data Format  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Format Do You Prefer?

• Old Format
    • New Format
    • Others (Please indicate what changes you will like to see in your post)

Anyone knows why japan made omv is so much lower than Thai made?

Jap labour is cheaper?lol..

SE said they brought in the car with lowest configuration possible and many things are locally fitted. So OMV is very Low.
↡ Advertisement

SE said they brought in the car with lowest configuration possible and many things are locally fitted. So OMV is very Low.

Oh thanks.

Wonder how's locally fitting things compare to factory?

Looks like there are many SEs in this forum trying to influence the way they do business though I am not suggesting that you are one of them.

I bought 4 new cars of different brands from ADs and always reserve the right to cancel the contract if the bids were not successful. You must be prepared to sign the deal and also be prepared to walk away when negotiating for deal.

You bought Ferrari Porker RR where got not successful .......... you being humble
  • Praise 1

Look at Hyundai price list in December. January. And the latest.

All these while. Their Coe rebate is ridiculously low at 22k. 25k.

In the latest price list, it's 38k! Typo?

Or they suspect it's a bullish trend?

hard to think COE will become bullish, especially when the stock markets are turning tides looking to go into bear mode :D

Do not buy from ADs whose cars sell by itself. If you must buy from them, then buy when the market is really bad.

So which AD? Opel, Skoda or any other car with horrible resale value that nobody wants to buy? Please be specific with your advice or experience. No point talking in general terms

Now 2000cc car price r very competitive

For a mid sedan mazda 6at $107k is really very good deal. My friend is looking for Forester, he told me impreza 94k n Forester 97k lagi best deal. And I wonder will anyone really buy that Thai camry at 150k +-. Really don't make sense

With few 2.0 subaru models drop below 100k, it is really a damn good deals! I missed that as I placed an order before the last bids. Either I'm no luck, or subaru is too slow to act!

With few 2.0 subaru models drop below 100k, it is really a damn good deals! I missed that as I placed an order before the last bids. Either I'm no luck, or subaru is too slow to act!

Same here...

You got your coe?

Wat car ?

Order too fast this time

May I suggest that you try to negotiate when you are seriously buying a car with the option of walking away with the deal if the AD does not want your business. You will be surprise that the chances of them acceding to your demand is very high if you are so sincerely in signing the deal. Nothing venture nothing gain.

U simply don't get it. Omg.

How old r u btw?

Do u think we dunno all these tricks about walking away?

We are just saying that u should be Cognizant about Ur bargaining power in such scenario.

If u r buying those vios. Altis. Wish. Civic. Jazz. Qq. Mazda 3, u expect to be able to change the TnCs of the sales agreement? Especially when u r on non gtd.

Edited by Friendstar

May I suggest that you try to negotiate when you are seriously buying a car with the option of walking away with the deal if the AD does not want your business. You will be surprise that the chances of them acceding to your demand is very high if you are so sincerely in signing the deal. Nothing venture nothing gain.

i understand what you mean and appreciate your suggestion. for all car make there is only 1 authorised dealer. even i state my terms the dealer aint gonna give in. such as full cash no loan or less loan than they impose for their promo price, own insurance, own bank instead of their bank, etc. they have packaged everything based on their best profit scenario. you dont want can go. so we dont buy the car from the dealer and self import? sibei serious show them the cheque book and ready to sign. btw, i dont buy from Pi. so do i have a choice? Edited by Wt_know

How come $12K lower?

Cat B COE did not move this much.

Not too sure man, maybe the big sell off in stock market this week has something to do with it :-).

Mazda pricing has always been like this, seesawing although COE hasn’t seen big movement.

Sigh... U r not alone, other brand also same

I was there 2 weeks ago.. They quoted me $109,800 for the Executive...

Tireburner - I feel for you bro. I think I would easily have been led to sign something at Motorshow as well if my heart had already wanted something.

But to Bros out there, these events are basically BS. If you go in on a usual day after Motorshow with Money, they'd still give you whatever that was offered on whatever previous event. Market is so competitive now that no one would be 'hard' on it - even Mercedes-B.

I think the reason why COE has been defying odds, is because those who really wanted a car had bought it back in December (under fear of price rise due to VES) already. There seem insufficient demand pressure already. Almost all of the cars on the road are new SL plates already..

Thanks for the kind words. I first started checking out Mz6 end of Dec 2017 when it was priced at $138,300. A month later with the Motorshow, price went down by $13K although COE remains largely unchanged. So I would say quite a good deal by holding back from buying for a month.

Thanks for the kind words. I first started checking out Mz6 end of Dec 2017 when it was priced at $138,300. A month later with the Motorshow, price went down by $13K although COE remains largely unchanged. So I would say quite a good deal by holding back from buying for a month.

You’re right bro. Like th stock market, Almost no one could catch the bottom and the high. He’d have been genius :)
  • Praise 1

Feel for you bro, this wouldn't be your last car purchase.

I do purchase without thinking much, and lets move on.

AD margin or car premium cost can be found in sgcarmkt under cost that less car basic cost, COE and even after VES rebate. VES rebate was not clearly explained during the Jan car show, still AD hold on to their margin hoping that VES can help push up car price.

once you have decided on the purchase, no use looking back and regretting. as many have mentioned, no one can predict the trend, you win some, you lose some. congrats on your new car! 

Current coe, I think I go for impreza hb.

Bigger interior, bigger cc, AWD n safety features is better

Though I still love my mz hb interior n exterior but currently the price for a 1.5 cat A mz 3 should be more ex than a subaru impreza cat B.

How much u bought ur impreza?

The harrier n chr not bad, price consider competitive in their class.

Their Thai series sedan really face palm.

Still sell so ex though now altis price r more competitive compared to last time but the interior really cmi

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1