COE Bidding – 1st Round of February 2018

Carbon82

COE Data Format  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Format Do You Prefer?

• Old Format
    • New Format
    • Others (Please indicate what changes you will like to see in your post)

Demand is actually declining but ADs are putting up a brave front. People need to behave rationally but unfortunately, consumer's behaviour is always quite the opposite. They buy when everyone is buying and stay away when everyone is not buying.

quite true that. 10 yrs ago when coe was below 15k my workplace carpark had a lot of empty lots but when coe started to climb and sky-rocketted......the carpark became full and some had to park at the bus bay earning the wrath of management. As the saying goes the more expensive the more pride and appreciative one becomes nevermind buying the same product at a huge difference. But gst go up by 1% or 2%.....all hell break loose....
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not much crowd

You going to show room this week? My guess for next COE will be drop for Cat a and Cat b.

For those who take guaranteed price, better on hold to wait for next round.

For those take non guarantee, ask a good price for more bids and go ahead.

Just My 2cents.

• Praise 1

dealer enter $1 for fun ... if kena like kena TOTO

anyway, dealer got 4-8 bids for all the orders they have accepted

every bid need a NRIC number ... definitely not GHOST

Taxi company, uber, Grab lei?

They don’t need nric lei

• Praise 1

Anyone knows where to check the date for next bidding?

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/bid_coe.html

Mark the calendar: there are 2 COE Open Bidding exercises in a month. The bidding exercises usually start on the first Monday and third Monday of the month at 12pm and lasts for 3 working days. The exercises will usually end on the Wednesday in the same week at 4pm.

• Praise 1

Interesting times....

Two observations made on latest Cat A COE and car prices...

1) The rebound from below $40K COE seems to be weaker in next subsequent bidding exercise. Even though the latest bidding exercise has more bids received vs quota/successful bids than the Jan bidding exercise

Sep : $36,001 rebound to Sep $42,902 (Success Bids 1815, Bids Received 3469).

Dec : $38,200 rebound to Jan $41,400 (Success Bids 1693, Bids Received 2264).

Jan : $36,890 rebound to Feb $40,000 (Success Bids 1534, Bids Received 2389).

2) Base on SG Car Mart...

Honda Civic (1.6A), price no change at $101,999. And high COE rebate level up to $41K. Not sure is this for Cat A or B or extra terms and conditions.

Mazda 3 (1.5 Standard), price lower by $5,000 to $91,800.

Kia Cerato K3 (1.6 EX), price increase by $4,000 to $87,999.

Has not been monitoring Hyundai and other Japanese brands. But it does appear that demand is weak and more buyers are moving towards Korean made cars. 

• Praise 1

Interesting times....

1) The rebound from below $40K COE seems to be weaker in next subsequent bidding exercise. Even though the latest bidding exercise has more bids received vs quota/successful bids than the Jan bidding exercise

Honda Civic (1.6A), price no change at $101,999. And high COE rebate level up to $41K. Not sure is this for Cat A or B or extra terms and conditions.

Has not been monitoring Hyundai and other Japanese brands. But it does appear that demand is weak and more buyers are moving towards Korean made cars.

Like that, based on simple technical analysis, is on a downtrend cos the latest peak is lower than the previous peak.

Anyway, time will tell.

Interesting times....

Must be cat B la, where got rebate level higher than last successful bid ...

If yes, chiong and buy, very good chance can get rebate ...

The rebate lvl can “roughly tell” how AD forecast on (will not fall below $xxx amount) for coming bid

There is good chance to get some money back next round for rebate to be set at 41k for Cat A . Edited by Ct3833

Lol when the crypto currency crashes lol that's when the hot money is gone, by the smell of it it's soon lol.

No point warning cause I don't even know why it is so expensive for something based on blind faith.

The moment when the stock and assets corrects, there are bound to be job losses. That's when prices crash.

The observation of how people buy their cars is the same, market good people have the false impression they have enough money for cars, bad times they tighten up even when they have spare cash.

I gurung guni, pick up trash when people don't want. Still waiting.

Edited by CH_CO

There is good chance to get some money back next round for rebate to be set at 41k for Cat A .

If U are AD and believe coe will be lower that rebate lvl, what will do earlier?

I i am the AD, i will rather lower the car selling price now to attract more sales rather than paying the offset from rebate

• Praise 1

If U are AD and believe coe will be lower that rebate lvl, what will do earlier?

I i am the AD, i will rather lower the car selling price now to attract more sales rather than paying the offset from rebate

It is why i am still not an AD and I am still a worker. My own suapicion is that When an AD thinks the COE will drop, they will price their car with slightly highrr COE to ensure they will not be outbid by competitors so as to secure sales with margin. If COE really drop below their rebate level, they will still get to sell car with their expected margin, buyers will get that small rebate.

It is why i am still not an AD and I am still a worker. My own suapicion is that When an AD thinks the COE will drop, they will price their car with slightly highrr COE to ensure they will not be outbid by competitors so as to secure sales with margin. If COE really drop below their rebate level, they will still get to sell car with their expected margin, buyers will get that small rebate.

Either way, Dealer's margin is way too high.
  • Praise 2

Either way, Dealer's margin is way too high.

Agree, their profit dollar is insane by any car industry standard. But SGcarmart is stupid enough to include COE, ARF etc as their cost to compute margin %. Some people disagree with my point and slammed me before. Haha.
  • Praise 1

There is good chance to get some money back next round for rebate to be set at 41k for Cat A .

cat A rebate is 33k la...

41k is way too high for cat a ...

More for cat B

• Praise 1

cat A rebate is 33k la...

41k is way too high for cat a ...

More for cat B

Serious or not? many people will love you deep deep. Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement