Indoor skydiving: Kyra Poh wins two golds at Wind Games

Ender

I didn't know got such competition and a Singaporean is the most talented. Maybe should include this SEA game.. Watching her perform was enchanting and I watched til the end.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/indoor-skydiving-kyra-poh-wins-two-golds-at-wind-games-in-spain?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10

Indoor skydiving: Kyra Poh wins two golds at Wind Games in Spain

SINGAPORE - Singapore indoor skydiver Kyra Poh bagged another two gold medals at the 2018 Windoor Wind Games on Sunday (Feb 4) in Girona, Spain, matching her haul from last year's Games.

The 15-year-old began the two-day competition by retaining the solo freestyle title she won last year, scoring. 547.80 points over four rounds to beat out 12 other competitors.

Kyra and compatriot Choo Yi Xuan then teamed up with Polish pair Josh Ruiz-Velasco and Andrzej Soltyk to bag the four-way speed gold in a cumulative time of 285.625 seconds, a mixed gender category requiring participants to complete diving sequences in the fastest time possible.

The freestyle category sees participants perform their own routines, and are judged by their style, creativity, originality and difficulty of their stunts.

"There was a lot more pressure on me this year coming back as defending champion, and the standard of this year's competition was very high. So I'm really proud that I managed to defend my gold," said Kyra.

"Together with Andrzej and Josh, the fastest male indoor skydiving pairing in the world, we also knew it would be a formidable team. We were really excited when we formed Team Nemesis with them during the competition at Lyon (last month), where we won gold on our debut."

Kyra's other gold medal defence did not fare as well, as she finished fifth in the solo speed category.

Making her individual debut, Yi Xuan, 16, finished fourth in the solo freestyle and tenth in the solo speed.

Aside from winning two golds at last year's Wind Games, Kyra was also crowned the top freestyle junior title at the biennial World Indoor Skydiving Championships last October.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

First congratulate

Second where did she learnt her stunt? Amazing. Tired one at genting many years back basically just flew like a bird with arm leg spreading out like superman. Didn't know can do so many movement.

I see ballet move in her.

• Praise 1

Well done.

As an ex-skydiver, i have also received wind tunnel training in Rumlang, Switzerland back in 2001.

It’s actually a flight simulator for skydivers without having to really jump out of a plane.

It was very expensive training but the closest thing to real freefall.

Young kids have advantage and can do well in this as there is an element of acrobatics and choreography which requires flexibility and grace somewhat like dancing together with the understanding of body flight and control. Not easy and its something which Singapore has the chance in winning worldclass, unlike other sports like athletics.

She made it look simple especially the 360 walking steps and the circles around the tunnel without whacking the walls. I remember how tough it was to just control how high or low in boxman position within the tunnel.

In real free style skydiving, you got to do all that pull the ripcord, fly the chute and land nicely.

But no danger of whacking into a glass wall.

Training can be done at iFly , sentosa.

Well done again, Singapore girl

Cheers

Edited by Throttle2

Well done.

As an ex-skydiver, i have also received wind tunnel training in Rumlang, Switzerland back in 2001.

Itâs actually a flight simulator for skydivers without having to really jump out of a plane.

It was very expensive training but the closest thing to real freefall.

Young kids have advantage and can do well in this as there is an element of acrobatics and choreography which requires flexibility and grace somewhat like dancing together with the understanding of body flight and control. Not easy and its something which Singapore has the chance in winning worldclass, unlike other sports like athletics.

She made it look simple especially the 360 walking steps and the circles around the tunnel without whacking the walls. I remember how tough it was to just control how high or low in boxman position within the tunnel.

In real free style skydiving, you got to do all that pull the ripcord, fly the chute and land nicely.

But no danger of whacking into a glass wall.

Training can be done at iFly , sentosa.

Well done again, Singapore girl

Cheers

You should do one more sky diving with your rolex on..

well done ... makes singapore proud [thumbsup]

i wonder how much have spent on training in iFly?

i assume this sport is not easily accessible by anyone to practice/master it to go for competition

Edited by Wt_know

i assume this sport is not easily accessible by anyone to practice/master it to go for competition

First, well done, Kyra Poh! This doesn't look easy.

And yes, i don't think this sport - if that is what it is - is easy to master, for the simple reason that there wouldn't be many facilities in the world to allow practice to begin with.

So given the lack of easily-accessible facility, the fact that she can do so well, means that she has obvious talent for it, and also is testimony to her hard work put into it.

Continue the good work.

• Praise 1

iFly has a vested interest if they sponsor her mah. It's the only such facility provider in singapore. If some schools or some fairly well off parent wants to develop their child or school programme (inspired by her success), then they are the only provider.

[laugh]

Edited by Lala81

i think talent is upmost critical

although i believe no matter how talented a person still requires 90% hardwork

but without talent 100% hardwork also no use

once again ... great to see spore excel in some sport [thumbsup]

not always AMDK win

Edited by Wt_know

Maybe you dont believe what i posted about my skydiving

Thats fine.

Most people dont believe that i am middle class anyway.

ð

I believe you sky dived! Cross mine heart...just want to know whether rolex can withstand high altitude fall..