Do you still eat expired foods and drinks?

DACH

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still eat food and drinks that have expired?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

within 3 months usually i'm ok except for milk which tends to spoil even before the expiry.

for fresh milk i always see 2L have closer expiry date then 1L pack, duno why.

But usually 2-3 days after expiry date the taste still ok i will still drink, milk easier to tell if it is bad.

↡ Advertisement

I got a couple of expired abalone from last cny

Think I take out and use this year :XD:

slice them and throw inside steamboat no one can tell   [laugh]

Any yet you are still alive now?!  :o

Yeah, went to see doctor and it was freaking painful when the poison was going up my arm. Fortunately doctor says it'll go off on its own and it did but only after about 24 hours of pain.

That was how the kids grew up in my era and I consider myself weak compared to my dad's generation where they need to endure Army training from the Israelis.

Supercharged

I think your life will get lengthened instead because your stomach have more exposure compared to most Singaporeans.

When I was a kid, go catch spider and don't know kena sting by all sorts of insects. There was once my finger grew black from the poison lol.

I have weak stomach since young, had 4 food poisonings before and the worst one was the recent one happened two years ago.

two days in ICU and four days in ward... it seems getting worse with age

As long don't taste funny, will eat.

what does taste funny means, durian taste funny to some but to others it is heavenly, some vomit thinking about it but some japanese eat sia (as in lau sia) pay girl to eat only strawberry then eat her poo etc

but as far as i understand 

if expired - eat at your own risk

if past beyond best before date - safe to eat, as long as it as not taste spoilt, it just mean beyond that date, the quality (favour and etc) cannot be guarantee

funny some people buy stock based on rumours without research backing and used their hard earn money 

• Praise 1

most of the expiry still has an allowance of 3-6months depends on certain food and also

where are they stored. The storage temperature is important.

what does taste funny means, durian taste funny to some but to others it is heavenly, some vomit thinking about it but some japanese eat sia (as in lau sia) pay girl to eat only strawberry then eat her poo etc

but as far as i understand

if expired - eat at your own risk

if past beyond best before date - safe to eat, as long as it as not taste spoilt, it just mean beyond that date, the quality (favour and etc) cannot be guarantee

funny some people buy stock based on rumours without research backing and used their hard earn money

As long you are familiar it's taste, then you know what taste funny is.

I have weak stomach since young, had 4 food poisonings before and the worst one was the recent one happened two years ago.

My stomach isn't great either. I can't touch chili at all, a single drop and I will end up as permanent resident for the toilet.

I guess each of us have their own weakness but we kind of know what to avoid.

Supercharged

My stomach isn't great either. I can't touch chili at all, a single drop and I will end up as permanent resident for the toilet.

I guess each of us have their own weakness but we kind of know what to avoid.

I am sensitive to bacteria in raw, contaminated or undercooked food

raw oyster, salad, rojak, anything half cooked (except steak, fortunately) sure lao sai

subway sandwich is 50/50, McChicken also 50/50 because of the raw vege

I am very careful of what to put inside my mouth nowadays

• Praise 1

real honey should not have expiry date. will never expire

What honey is real ah? I noticed manuka honey also have best before expiry date le.

Your food poisoning so serious until you spent 2 days in ICU? What food have you ate? Having weak stomach really can affect the quality of life a lot, cause many things cannot eat and also must be very very careful of what things you eat. So cannot go where and eat where, going overseas quite headache.

No le

2yrs expiry I eat also

I’m still alive.. I think

Must see what you eat lo. Not every food that expired for so long still can eat and still alive de. Lol.

Your food poisoning so serious until you spent 2 days in ICU? What food have you ate? Having weak stomach really can affect the quality of life a lot, cause many things cannot eat and also must be very very careful of what things you eat. So cannot go where and eat where, going overseas quite headache.

Must see what you eat lo. Not every food that expired for so long still can eat and still alive de. Lol.

Choc

Redbull

Maggi

All ok

Supercharged

it narrows down to two things, either the natto from a Japanese restaurant or doughnut that I bought in a shopping centre

during the hospital stay, whatever I intake from my mouth, even a gulp of plain water will shoot out from the other end in 2 hours. Lost 4kgs in a week... haha

6o33q1.jpg