Which car is the Best Budget cars to Buy now?

PaulMeng

Thanks a lot sharing your opinion. Currently Sylphy 1.6 premium is quite similar to city SV version, around 83k. City is more fuel saving and more reliable, while sylphy has a lot features compared to city and with large capacity. A bit hard to make decision.

U r welcome. Err ,, i'm not sure y Sylphy premium gt more feature than city premium leh. Just compare paddle shift, City hav but sylphy no have. Mayb u kw better since i didnt really bother to chk sylphy.

My advise when comes to comparison is, always compare  basic version against basic version. Then u kw which 1 price better and specs better. For me, my concern is  always comparing specs and i nvr compare features. Also, car specs can more determine whether the $ u pay for is worth it or not. Features r just add ons and fyi, those additional features e.g leather seats, bodykits, bigger rims, etc are all after market parts which u can get it easily and cheaper and better after u drive for a few yrs. ADs use those same after market shops as well, but they sell exp and package to the new car. Nb rite :D

To me, the decision is not tat hard, becas specs wise, City way better. 

Fyi, I'm not KM SE. I drive an Avante. I'm also checking out cars to buy lately, although not so urgently. Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

U r welcome. Err ,, i'm not sure y Sylphy premium gt more feature than city premium leh. Just compare paddle shift, City hav but sylphy no have. Mayb u kw better since i didnt really bother to chk sylphy.

My advise when comes to comparison is, always compare  basic version against basic version. Then u kw which 1 price better and specs better. For me, my concern is  always comparing specs and i nvr compare features. Also, car specs can more determine whether the $ u pay for is worth it or not. Features r just add ons and fyi, those additional features e.g leather seats, bodykits, bigger rims, etc are all after market parts which u can get it easily and cheaper and better after u drive for a few yrs. ADs use those same after market shops as well, but they sell exp and package to the new car. Nb rite :D

To me, the decision is not tat hard, becas specs wise, City way better. 

Fyi, I'm not KM SE. I drive an Avante. I'm also checking out cars to buy lately, although not so urgently. Cheers.

Appreciate for your detail explanation. That's do help! Thanks

(edited)

Base on 25K COE and taking into consideration VES rebate or sub charge, the best budget car for the following models based on AD's discounted prices compared are:

Hyundai Accent 1.4 (B) 

Nissan Note (A2)

Mitsubishi Attrage 1.2 (A2) (No loan with trade in car)

Hyundai Elantra 1.6 (B)

Honda Jazz 1.3 (A2)

Honda City 1.5 (B)

Nissan Sylphy 1.6 (B)

Hyundai Kona 1.0 (B)

Toyota Sienta 1.5 (C1)

Hope this help.

Edited by EvaEva
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Base on 25K COE and taking into consideration VES rebate or sub charge, the best budget car for the following models based on AD's discounted prices compared are:

Hyundai Accent 1.4 (B) 

Nissan Note (A2)

Mitsubishi Attrage 1.2 (A2) (No loan with trade in car)

Hyundai Elantra 1.6 (B)

Honda Jazz 1.3 (A2)

Honda City 1.5 (B)

Nissan Sylphy 1.6 (B)

Hyundai Kona 1.0 (B)

Toyota Sienta 1.5 (C1)

Hope this help.

Mitsubishi Attrage is cheapest in this list at $59,999.

It sits 5 comfortably, is reliable and has more than sufficient power to drive in Singapore and in Malaysia if you stick to within the legal speed limits.

(edited)

Mitsubishi Attrage is cheapest in this list at $59,999.

It sits 5 comfortably, is reliable and has more than sufficient power to drive in Singapore and in Malaysia if you stick to within the legal speed limits.

Wrong. It does not sit 5 comfortably. You dun own an attrage right? It's not as reliable as people thought Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Wrong. It does not sit 5 comfortably. You dun own an attrage right? It's not as reliable as people thought

It boils down to expectations - it sits 5 mid sized adults comfortably. Rear leg room is impressive, like  a budget Rolls Royce. You can cross your legs when seated behind.

You want space, top up $28K for the Nissan Sylphy, and the meaning of "budget" is lost. 

If you want power, go for the Hyundai Kona 1.0 turbo , which sets you back by an additional $28K and it's in manual which not everyone is capable in driving. And expect higher maintainence costs.

For the meagre sum of $59,999 , the Attrage is the cheapest saloon in Singapore.

If one expects  a 1.2l  N.A. engine in CVT to fly, then the Attrage is out of the picture. Expect to top up at least $20K more for other options.

What aspects of the Attrage are not reliable?

Edited by Vinceng
  • Dislike 1

It boils down to expectations - it sits 5 mid sized adults comfortably. Rear leg room is impressive, like a budget Rolls Royce. You can cross your legs when seated behind.

You want space, top up $28K for the Nissan Sylphy, and the meaning of "budget" is lost.

If you want power, go for the Hyundai Kona 1.0 turbo , which sets you back by an additional $28K and it's in manual which not everyone is capable in driving. And expect higher maintainence costs.

For the meagre sum of $59,999 , the Attrage is the cheapest saloon in Singapore.

If one expects a 1.2l N.A. engine in CVT to fly, then the Attrage is out of the picture. Expect to top up at least $20K more for other options.

There is a Facebook for attrage. Many issues highlighted. I shall not post the problems for respect of current and potential owners. Join the group to get a better understanding

(edited)

Attrage $60k is for package with trade in (+5k) and loan at least 7yrs (+5k)...else $70k all in lol

Edited by tokara22

Twincharged

I’ll go with the jazz or accent/Elantra. Decently priced and less hassles with trade in, min loans or whatever terms and conditions to squeeze more out of you. C&C is notorious for this.

• Praise 2

It boils down to expectations - it sits 5 mid sized adults comfortably. Rear leg room is impressive, like  a budget Rolls Royce. You can cross your legs when seated behind.

If one expects  a 1.2l  N.A. engine in CVT to fly, then the Attrage is out of the picture. Expect to top up at least $20K more for other options.

I feel ppl who have no expectation of a BnB car, or those newly passed drivers or first time car owner are the target group for Attrage. But if you have been driving a decent BnB cars such as Civic, Altis, Mazda 3, K3 etc., I don't think you will like Attrage. The sound insulation is poor, vibration can be felt, the 3 cyl engine is unrefined. Top up a bit to get the Accent, I would say.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I feel ppl who have no expectation of a BnB car, or those newly passed drivers or first time car owner are the target group for Attrage. But if you have been driving a decent BnB cars such as Civic, Altis, Mazda 3, K3 etc., I don't think you will like Attrage. The sound insulation is poor, vibration can be felt, the 3 cyl engine is unrefined. Top up a bit to get the Accent, I would say.

Many continental makes like Volkswagen Golf 1.0 and Seat Ibiza 1.0 are also using the 3 cylinder engine.

You can’t compare the Attrage with the Mazda 3 nor Kia Cerato Forte K3 which are 1.6l 4 cylinder – they also cost $20K + more.  

Interior space - Accent loses out to Attrage. The Koreans are behind in refinement compared to the Japanese.

↡ Advertisement