• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
589 replies to this topic | 1,084 praises

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I always have doubts on small CC but huge car body. Like the Nissan QQ 1.2L, many people complain the car no power. Lol.

No power still have people buy leh... 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

< $70K

Mitsubishi Attrage

Nissan Note

I would go for the Nissan Note as it’s fully assembled in Japan, against the Attrage’s Thai roots.

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    Supercharged
    Author Image

< $70K

Mitsubishi Attrage
Nissan Note

I would go for the Nissan Note as itâs fully assembled in Japan, against the Attrageâs Thai roots.

Nissan note is <$70k now?
Jamesc praised this
iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

No power still have people buy leh...

The car has power
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cars with such low prices

I cannot find in the show rooms

but only in MCF.

:D

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hyundai Accent?
Mitsubishi Attrage base model?
Honda Shuttle?
Honda Fit 1.3?
Mazda 2 base model?
Toyota axio base model?
Bezza Base model?
Axis base model?
Nissan note base model?
Honda grace?
Kia K3 base model?
Toyota Vios base model?
Hyundai Elantra base model

RECOMMENDED BELOW 70K
Hyundai accent
Nissan note
Mitsubishi twins

Recommended below 80k
Mz2
Honda Jazz

Recommended below 90k
Toyota Corolla Axio X/G
Hyundai Elantra
Honda City(Shuttle)

Recommended below 100k
All Subaru models except WRX range,forester (XT) and Brz(2.0L for all models below 100k)
Maybe K3(not very value for money now)
Mazda 3
Toyota Corolla

Etc,...
Don't think the cars from the north are good as they feel to be made by cardboard and the non value feeling(RM36000 Vs S$66800?!-1.0G)
Rather get the Mitsubishi attrage (RM 75800 Vs S$67800)

Models not recommended are due to non Vfm (i.e vios)and safety features (that we deserve but cut out for fattening profits of dealers-i.e cerato K3 and Sylphy)

And also potential pi risk for little savings (i.e fit is cheaper than AD by only 1k)

Edited by Brass, 15 February 2018 - 12:50 PM.

therock praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

Wildfaye29
  • Wildfaye29
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Note < 70k? Dep <7k per year?? New?!

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nissan Note < $69,800 < $6,720 annual dep < Brand new < Scrap value (PARF) $2,500

Valid till 21 Feb

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

People like to make this argument.

Malaysian car not worth it.

RM 36k vs S$ 67k

But they never make this argument for any other country.

Camry in Japan S$ 35k Singapore S$ 145k 

So not worth it also right?

Golf GTI in Germany how much and in Singapore how much?

Not worth it also right?

Please don't save this argument just for MY cars.

It applies to cars from every other country also.

Penknife and Sktan10 praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

RM 36k vs S$ 67k

Not worth it also right?

Let's do this.
Compare price of Camry in Malaysia to sg
3X as compared to Malaysia
Subaru Impreza(not found in Malaysia)
4X of Japan price/Us
Mitsubishi attrage.
3X of Malaysian price.
Then that car is 8x of Malaysian price...so it's seemingly foolish.

Edited by Brass, 15 February 2018 - 01:13 PM.

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Let's do this.
Compare price of Camry in Malaysia to sg
3X as compared to Malaysia
Subaru Impreza(not found in Malaysia)
4X of Japan price/Us
Mitsubishi attrage.
3X of Malaysian price.
Then that car is 8x of Malaysian price...so it's seemingly foolish.

Proton and Perodua enjoy tax breaks in Msia 

and so enjoy much lower prices than other cars there.

But I like your argument and used it on the wife.

Triumph bra is made in Thailand is so much cheaper there.

The same bra in Singapore is so much more expensive so

I told the wife not to buy it and and go without as its so foolish

to buy it here.  [thumbsup]

Now you have extended this argument not only to cars but to almost everything else.

Massage in SG so expensive better to get a massage in Bangkok

House in SG so ex better to get one in JB

Business shirts in India so cheap, see the price in SG no mood to pay the high price again.

Wyfitms and Shox87 praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The car has power

No budget then no choice lo. At least still can move.

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

DanyaalAliKhan
  • DanyaalAliKhan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hyundai Accent?
Mitsubishi Attrage base model?
Honda Shuttle?
Honda Fit 1.3?
Mazda 2 base model?
Toyota axio base model?
Bezza Base model?
Axis base model?
Nissan note base model?
Honda grace?
Kia K3 base model?
Toyota Vios base model?
Hyundai Elantra base model

Well, based on your options, if you can get a Honda Fit as a reasonable price, maybe you can go for it. Or else, try writing down all your requirements and budget and start evaluating yourself for a better choice

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:20 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cheap, fast & good FC.

SiLangKia praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

Griever
  • Premium member
    Griever
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

RM 36k vs S$ 67k

Not worth it also right?

I think people mostly those who compare malaysia car prices are malaysian themselves. Because they can buy these cars at malaysia thats why compare lor. Seldom u hear anyone saying indonesia cars cheap, although their price comparable to malaysia price. Once i took a taxi the driver uncle say he buy house in medan very cheap, buy jazz very cheap around 30k sgd. Also go pub can touch here and there very shiok. Din hear him compare to malaysia price cause he have lobang in indonesia.
Jamesc and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

RM 36k vs S$ 67k

Not worth it also right?

I think cos we are next to Malaysia hence we compare.

If shop a and b are side by side and selling the same thing but shop b costs 3x more we will compare selling price and complain.

If shop a and b are selling the same thing but costs 4 times more for shop b BUT shop a is far away across the country, I think we will not compare so much.

Cos the expectation, rightly or wrongly, is that the same products sold in shops side by side should also cost the same...
Jamesc and Brass praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

jacKey
  • Premium member
    jacKey
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Nissan Note < $69,800 < $6,720 annual dep < Brand new < Scrap value (PARF) $2,500

Valid till 21 Feb

I am interested to buy a nissan note base model to be used as a point A to B car with occasional travel to msia. But my concern is the low 78 bhp and weight of the vehicle at 1030kg (which is the same bhp as Attrage but much heavier by more than 100kg!) Am wondering is the vehicle safe or have enough power to travel long distance or merging on highway and overtaking lorries? I have test drove the vehicle up till a certain speed at 60km/hr and it seems fine, but I am not sure if it is safe to travel mid to long distance on a highway.

Sorry for the question, but i am not really familiar with this and will need some advise before I make the decision.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

You not hiam then just buy the cheapest one la.(Except the cheapest,imho,as attrage is just 1k more)

Nowadays new cars all got at least some standard. Any car also can.

No cars will leave you stranded like a lada of the past.

I am interested to buy a nissan note base model to be used as a point A to B car with occasional travel to msia. But my concern is the low 78 bhp and weight of the vehicle at 1030kg (which is the same bhp as Attrage but much heavier by more than 100kg!) Am wondering is the vehicle safe or have enough power to travel long distance or merging on highway and overtaking lorries? I have test drove the vehicle up till a certain speed at 60km/hr and it seems fine, but I am not sure if it is safe to travel mid to long distance on a highway.

Sorry for the question, but i am not really familiar with this and will need some advise before I make the decision.

Plan properly and you’ll be fine.
But cannot eat people for lunch though(I.e overtake at will)
Tanks with mass bhp ratio of 20hp /ton can still move properly, what more the note.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Driving at 110 km/h is really relaxing for a car engine.

Even driving at 120 - 130 to overtake trucks also no problem.

Less powerful Axia also no problem at 160 km/h

that pollute the earth

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, honda, toyota, best and 2 more...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users