Which car is the Best Budget cars to Buy now?

PaulMeng

People like to make this argument.

Malaysian car not worth it.

RM 36k vs S$ 67k

But they never make this argument for any other country.

Camry in Japan S$ 35k Singapore S$ 145k

So not worth it also right?

Golf GTI in Germany how much and in Singapore how much?

Not worth it also right?

Please don't save this argument just for MY cars.

It applies to cars from every other country also.

:D

I think people mostly those who compare malaysia car prices are malaysian themselves. Because they can buy these cars at malaysia thats why compare lor. Seldom u hear anyone saying indonesia cars cheap, although their price comparable to malaysia price. Once i took a taxi the driver uncle say he buy house in medan very cheap, buy jazz very cheap around 30k sgd. Also go pub can touch here and there very shiok. Din hear him compare to malaysia price cause he have lobang in indonesia.
  • Praise 3

RM 36k vs S$ 67k

Not worth it also right?

I think cos we are next to Malaysia hence we compare.

If shop a and b are side by side and selling the same thing but shop b costs 3x more we will compare selling price and complain.

If shop a and b are selling the same thing but costs 4 times more for shop b BUT shop a is far away across the country, I think we will not compare so much.

Cos the expectation, rightly or wrongly, is that the same products sold in shops side by side should also cost the same...

• Praise 2

Nissan Note < $69,800 < $6,720 annual dep < Brand new < Scrap value (PARF) $2,500

Valid till 21 Feb

I am interested to buy a nissan note base model to be used as a point A to B car with occasional travel to msia. But my concern is the low 78 bhp and weight of the vehicle at 1030kg (which is the same bhp as Attrage but much heavier by more than 100kg!) Am wondering is the vehicle safe or have enough power to travel long distance or merging on highway and overtaking lorries? I have test drove the vehicle up till a certain speed at 60km/hr and it seems fine, but I am not sure if it is safe to travel mid to long distance on a highway.

Sorry for the question, but i am not really familiar with this and will need some advise before I make the decision.

You not hiam then just buy the cheapest one la.(Except the cheapest,imho,as attrage is just 1k more)

Nowadays new cars all got at least some standard. Any car also can.

No cars will leave you stranded like a lada of the past.

I am interested to buy a nissan note base model to be used as a point A to B car with occasional travel to msia. But my concern is the low 78 bhp and weight of the vehicle at 1030kg (which is the same bhp as Attrage but much heavier by more than 100kg!) Am wondering is the vehicle safe or have enough power to travel long distance or merging on highway and overtaking lorries? I have test drove the vehicle up till a certain speed at 60km/hr and it seems fine, but I am not sure if it is safe to travel mid to long distance on a highway.

Sorry for the question, but i am not really familiar with this and will need some advise before I make the decision.

Plan properly and you’ll be fine.

But cannot eat people for lunch though(I.e overtake at will)

Tanks with mass bhp ratio of 20hp /ton can still move properly, what more the note.

Driving at 110 km/h is really relaxing for a car engine.

Even driving at 120 - 130 to overtake trucks also no problem.

Less powerful Axia also no problem at 160 km/h

I go for Honda shuttle. Good price now.

Consider Jazz also.

That model is quite bare bones,though having tonnes of space.

Then your car will feel floaty and any error sends your car down a ditch,where your whole family perish.

Sorry to say that ,but if you want to go that fast,you better get at least a c segment so that it does not float that badly ,and even a Bavarian sedan can’t save you if you roll into a ditch due to error

And why buy that when b segment like note is 3k more,or even attrage (A+ segment)is 1k more

• Praise 2

No cars will leave you stranded like a lada of the past.

Plan properly and youâll be fine.

But cannot eat people for lunch though(I.e overtake at will)

Tanks with mass bhp ratio of 20hp /ton can still move properly, what more the note.

Thanks! This what i was hoping to hear..as i don't intend travel at high speed but at minimum the vehicle must be able to perform simple overtaking of slow vehicles on highway trevelling at less than 80 - 90km/hr.

Was considering attrage but felt that note would be of better value as it is made in Japan, and the new facelite version looks quite modern. Hope I made the correct choice

Thanks for your reply! I don't think I would be even traveling at 130km/km esp with a kid on board. I am happy as long as the vehicle can travel up to a reasonable highway speed and won't struggle over long distance as opposed to what other online users was saying abt the mirage which is under the same cat as note.
  • Praise 3

Thanks! This what i was hoping to hear..as i don't intend travel at high speed but at minimum the vehicle must be able to perform simple overtaking of slow vehicles on highway trevelling at less than 80 - 90km/hr.

Was considering attrage but felt that note would be of better value as it is made in Japan, and the new facelite version looks quite modern. Hope I made the correct choice

Thanks for your reply! I don't think I would be even traveling at 130km/km esp with a kid on board. I am happy as long as the vehicle can travel up to a reasonable highway speed and won't struggle over long distance as opposed to what other online users was saying abt the mirage which is under the same cat as note.

Actually both are fine,but i will prefer attrage for features,but size tugs me for NN

By the way,you should seriously walk to Honda showroom and try the 1.3L honda Jazz.

• Praise 1

RM 36k vs S$ 67k

Not worth it also right?

Agree. Otherwise all cars also "not worth" to buy in Singapore liao.
  • Praise 1

Actually both are fine,but i will prefer attrage for features,but size tugs me for NN

By the way,you should seriously walk to Honda showroom and try the 1.3L honda Jazz.

Yes, Honda Jazz/Fit is highly recommended.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

If u have money to take minimum loan, u may want to consider lower lock-in period and minimum amount. Attrage minimum loan is 5 years and 50k. Others like Note, the loan is only 2 years and $30k. Car insurance also higher for attrage

Edited by cttay71

For the same price I think note would be the better choice of u dun mind hatchback.

If u have money to take minimum loan, u may want to consider lower lock-in period and minimum amount. Attrage minimum loan is 5 years and 50k. Others like Note, the loan is only 2 years and $30k. Car insurance also higher for attrage

Yes, part of the reasons why I opt for Note is due to the allowance to take up a lower loan amt. Though attrage is cheapest now but after adding in the interst costs for $50k loan.. The full cost does not seems attractive already

Yes, Honda Jazz/Fit is highly recommended. [thumbsup]

Thanks! I did consider jazz but the current price difference is 7k for the base model, and I will need to top up additional for stuffs like leather seats and other stuffs. Also, Honda FIT at current price, comes with condition that u need to take up the maximum loan and loan tenure.

While I understand that jazz/fit is definitely more refine and powerful. But after test driving note.. I feel it's already good enough for me and my family for the price :)

↡ Advertisement