• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic | 32 praises

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

Jord
  • Premium member
    Jord
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi members, 

I got the cheapest quote from Budget Direct and likely will be buying from them. $700+ vs $1,000+ from NTUC!! 

Anyone got Buddy Id to share ? extra 5% and voucher for referral. Thanks

Note: Did a search for Budget Direct and nothing found. Please help redirect if there's an existing thread. 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

Sci10213
  • Premium member
    Sci10213
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi members, 

I got the cheapest quote from Budget Direct and likely will be buying from them. $700+ vs $1,000+ from NTUC!! 

Anyone got Buddy Id to share ? extra 5% and voucher for referral. Thanks

Note: Did a search for Budget Direct and nothing found. Please help redirect if there's an existing thread. 

Their Management Team comes from Direct Asia... so u think about it bah

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:35 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Their Management Team comes from Direct Asia... so u think about it bah

any issue/concern?

I also going to renew my insurance, any ID to share?

bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Use mine bah...Buddy43593

What I know is that they got cover flooding, but only apply when your car gets flooded in carpark, not on the road.

Kurty praised this

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Normal aig NTUC insurance got cover flooding?

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Most major insurance will cover flooding. But don’t think got exclusion like flood cover onli in carpark (??) Some others premium may look cheap but dun cover Msia usage. Always read the policy terms & coverage properly n not juz chiong the cheapest thinking all insurance is same same

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yup, last time I was with NTUC.

But I decided to leave them because they didn't do any effort to retain existing customers.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:06 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

my usual agent is quoting me like $900+

but via direct insurance, its only $580..

wow. 

Sdf4786k praised this
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Add in the optional cover items that are standard on your usual motor insurance, you will see that the difference is actually minimal, if any at all.

wow. 

Kurty praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Add in the optional cover items that are standard on your usual motor insurance, you will see that the difference is actually minimal, if any at all.

yeah, still manage to bring down the cost.

From initial of 1.1k, manage to bring it down to $840.. saving of $300

after showing my agent what budget is offering.

it's a good reference platform but for a piece of mind and hassle-free, i rather maintain with my agent. 

Edited by Kurty, 09 February 2018 - 04:41 PM.

bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i feel that these "budget" insurance is only good for those who hardly drive and park their car in their porch/carpark most of the week. less risk = less additional cover needed = lower price

for those who drive to work and clock high mileage, it's still safer to get insurance cover from "conventional" sources that cover most of the risks we face when on the roads every day.

yeah, still manage to bring down the cost.

From initial of 1.1k, manage to bring it down to $840.. saving of $300

after showing my agent what budget is offering.

it's a good reference platform but for a piece of mind and hassle-free, i rather maintain with my agent. 

Cheers
Ben

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Don't just look at the premium, compare the coverage, excess, loss of use, personal accident, medical etc. 

There are a lot of optionals, like, driving in Sg only; driving from home to work only or driving for social purposes etc. 

On paper, there are many fine prints. Online, there many drop-down windows to view! Be very careful when taking up such policies!

Edited by Fitvip, 09 February 2018 - 05:48 PM.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Use mine bah...Buddy43593

What I know is that they got cover flooding, but only apply when your car gets flooded in carpark, not on the road.

The buddy ID can use many times?

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:16 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't just look at the premium, compare the coverage, excess, loss of use, personal accident, medical etc. 

There are a lot of optionals, like, driving in Sg only; driving from home to work only or driving for social purposes etc. 

On paper, there are many fine prints. Online, there many drop-down windows to view! Be very careful when taking up such policies!

yeah, can't be bothered anymore after the 1st quote is usually the bare bones minimal coverage. Still must choose this choose that, then premium keeping adding also  [laugh]

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:36 PM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The buddy ID can use many times?

I think is unlimited bah

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

wow. 

good lobang

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

EzenHo
  • EzenHo
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Buddy46602

Use the above Buddy ID to get a 5% off premiums.  

I would also like to share my experience on how i got to know them.. i think their marketing is fantastic! 

Their direct online selling model, coupled with traditional marketing - i got to know them through a car windscreen drop offering a free nets flash pay card with $10 value. I signed up for it anyway, and in the mailer..they offered some new insurance sign up bonus. I sat on it for a few months, but their drip marketing kept reminding me of other offers. 

Finally before my motorcycle insurance expiring, i remembered to try to get an online quote. The quote offer additional discounts if i went paperless, it was sent immediately, and also held for 60 days..and again with a CNY ang pow giveaway. .
PLUS a buddy ID discount, the entire 1 year premium came up to only $127!!!

When my previous direct asia quoted me a renewal with NCD bonus at $193. That's like another 30% savings. Let's see their service level...though i hope i never have to use it. :p

Ah yes, if you need a buddy ID for additional 5% discount - Here you go - Buddy46602 

Premacist and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Another newbie from nowhere pop up to sing praises about a product?.....

Ads on MCF that expensive meh? 

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:16 PM

Ladrian37
  • Premium member
    Ladrian37
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just bought my insurance online from Budget Direct and was give my buddy ID  - Buddy51830 

Anyone buying can key in this to get a further discount...

Seems quite competitive , even with Malaysia coverage and NCD protector. Hence gave it a shot this time round.

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:00 PM

vincent0782
  • vincent0782
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Use my Buddy ID π—•π˜‚π—±π—±π˜†πŸ°πŸ―πŸ­πŸ΅πŸ¬ for additional 5% discount. Best premium in the market. Many thanks.

Edited by vincent0782, 09 July 2018 - 01:07 PM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: budget direct insurance, budget and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users