Budget Direct Insurance - Buddy ID

Jord

My personal experience with Budget Direct insurance, not paid advertisement hor.

I last year paid my car's road tax for 6 months instead of the usual full 1 year after switching over to Budget Direct insurance.

But after 6 months, I tried to renew another 6 months but unable to due to I cocked up the expiry date of my previous insurance policy when switching over. (actual expiry is 2nd Aug but I put 1st Aug) 

I called up Budget Direct insurance helpline & they explained to me this issues & helped me to adjust the expiry date for another extra 1 day.

Best part, that extra 1 day is FOC [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Good day everyone and Xin Nian Kuai Le.

Once a Budget Direct Insurance's customer; always a Budget Direct Insurance's Buddy.

At Budget Direct Insurance, your BuddyID last forever, it has no expiry date. You will continue to receive the reward for every successful referral, even if you're no longer our active policyholder.

For more info here https://www.budgetdirect.com.sg/bring-buddy

So, keep sharing your BuddyID to your friends and family, and remember to let us know if you change address someday, as we will mail the reward to your mailing address in our record.

Once again, Turboflat4, we are thankful for your continuous support, and we look forward to having you back with us again.

Thanks,

Geoffrey

Sent you a PM.

Edited by Turboflat4

Pay budget premiums when the real needs come, you get budget help.

For AXA, first 3 years if your car is totaled, you get one for one new replacement.

No such rubbish that it's beyond economical repair where the repair at KMC is $8k as it was under warranty.

budget priced max repair at $5.5k and deemed it beyond economical repair for a 3+ year old car. Car annual depreciation is 8.75k a year. Ended up had to go for outside workshop and claimed third party where the claim was not low either but filed against third party..

No wonder that time kmc said they have never worked with budget before. For AXA and etc, they are straight forward and fuss free where kmc is the authorised reporting centre and authorised workshop for hyundai cars.

Thanks for sharing the experience with regards to the "own workshop" and there is actually a limit.

I did a check with Direct Asia, appears there isnt such a limit. But must really do such claim in order to prove it.

I dun understand the part where Komoco does not help to do 3rd party claims? I wonder if CnC have similar issue.

For E.g.,

If kanna accident, and its really your own fault so claim from own insurer. So the process should be:

1) Car leave at cnc workshop.

2) Your insurer's inspector come and inspect the damage and negotiate with CnC the repair cost.

3) If agree, then CnC can do the repair and claim from Insurer. I have $0 excess, so insurer pays everything.

Problem is if Inspector refuse the repairs advised by CnC. Hmm..

Anyway, I did a quote on BudgetDirect. Didnt buy, thinking i better stick ti DirectAsia.

Then I got a phone call from BudgetDirect, if buy over the phone with the Filipino lady, got promotion to receive a $100 cash card!

So if u want Budget Direct, no harm waiting a bit. Hee..

I am going with AXA with my new hyundai.. No thank you budget. Edited by Ivan_06

Good day everyone and Xin Nian Kuai Le. 

Once a Budget Direct Insurance's customer; always a Budget Direct Insurance's Buddy. 

At Budget Direct Insurance, your BuddyID last forever, it has no expiry date. You will continue to receive the reward for every successful referral, even if you're no longer our active policyholder. 

So, keep sharing your BuddyID to your friends and family, and remember to let us know if you change address someday, as we will mail the reward to your mailing address in our record. 

Once again, Turboflat4, we are thankful for your continuous support, and we look forward to having you back with us again.

Thanks,

Geoffrey

I just wanted to update this thread to the effect that I have received my vouchers, and Budget Direct Insurance has been as good as their word.

Pity I have run out of insurable cars for now. [laugh]

Hypersonic

Why those who put their referral ID kenna dislikes?

Wa lau... I ask a question also kenna dislike [dizzy]

• Praise 2

I went into Budget Direct website to play play and get a quote to test it.  Strange.

1st it started with $730.  After filling up driver details, etc >> $868.

Authorised driverplan requires other drver details but only allow 1 other driver to be added.

Not feeling it man.

AXA quoted $908 vs Budget Direct $460, for comprehensive coverage. The difference is BudgetD has very high excess $600. $600 is more than enough for minor repair. In another words, for safety drivers its a $500 saving, but if get into minor accident, you pay for yr own repair. BudgetD comprehensive is like a Third party ++ insurance.

Any more insurance on promotion ? 

(edited)

Fully agreed, got back my car from third party workshop fully repaired which has claimed against ntuc car insurance of the other vehicle.

Total claims amount to close to $6k. If I had took up rental car it would be like $6.5k.

And budget direct told me for my 3 year old car, the upper max claim limit is $5.5k. Beyond which it's beyond economical repair and got to declare total loss if cannot repair below 5.5k. Total loss is around $50k quoted by Julie where I checked online, my parf value now is $45.5k..............

And I top up for any car workshop premium ended up, buy also like never buy like that.

You should have negotiated Budget to compensate you the 5.5k and scarp the car.  To up $20k and get an new Accent (Understand that time, Accent was $71k. )

So,

- Money paid for your 2 cars= $90k + 20K = $110k

- 13 years usage.

- Assuming end of 2nd car 10 years, you get back S10k (total PRAF rebate + body value).

Depreciation = (110k - 10k) / 13 years  = $7.7k per year

vs holding on to your old car = (90k - 10k) / 10 years = $8k per year.

Edited by dannychoy84
↡ Advertisement