Lost! Gunung Pulai

RadX

They are lucky coz there's a reservoir nearby and has small river streams connected to it. W/o water I don't think they can survive that long.

Remember to bring this along!

LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle with 2-Stage Integrated Filter Straw for Hiking, Backpacking, and Travel, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G7SQBPQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ahpFAbRDQBBEZ

man-drinking-from-Lifestraw.jpg?resize=7

If got many people going, can bring this along also :grin:

lifestraw-community-water-filter.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/lost-hikers-survived-on-river-water

Added Mr Roskalana: "There are signs to indicate the hiking trails are closed on Mondays. But if somebody wanted to go in, it is still possible. The danger of going off the trail is you could get lost or get hurt."

The secretary of the village, Mr Khairudin Ahmad, 41, said the walk to the summit is about 6km long and takes roughly two hours on an "easy walk".

The Kulai Fire Station rescues about five missing hikers each year, and the latest search operation was unusually long, said Mr Khairi.

When someone reports that he is lost on the mountain, the authorities would usually find him within a few hours, he said.

Added Mr Khairi: "At worst, missing hikers would be found the next day. But this recent search operation was perhaps the longest one to date."

• Praise 1

Really broke record siol. Would like to hear what the couple has to say. Maybe halfway wanted to try some *punggol jungle* action and things went *south*.  

Really broke record siol. Would like to hear what the couple has to say. Maybe halfway wanted to try some *punggol jungle* action and things went *south*.  

The girl has done an interview with CNA to tell what happened during the hike, which ended up them being lost, and eventually found:

'I knew my life was in danger': Singaporean hiker lost on Johor mountain

Read more at

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/singaporean-hiker-lost-gunung-pulai-clarice-lum-johor-rescue-10227830

She and a friend lived a four-day nightmare in Gunung Pulai forest, surrounded by wild animals. Clarice Lum opens up for the first time about the experience, to On The Red Dot.

Turbocharged

The girl has done an interview with CNA to tell what happened during the hike, which ended up them being lost, and eventually found:

'I knew my life was in danger': Singaporean hiker lost on Johor mountain

Read more at

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/singaporean-hiker-lost-gunung-pulai-clarice-lum-johor-rescue-10227830

She and a friend lived a four-day nightmare in Gunung Pulai forest, surrounded by wild animals. Clarice Lum opens up for the first time about the experience, to On The Red Dot.

So are they going to tie the knot or not? [:p]

Turbocharged
(edited)

From the movie Speed (1994):

(mind boggling 24 yrs ago!)

In the closing scenes, Keanu Reeves says "I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work!" [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

In the closing scenes, Keanu Reeves says "I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work!" [laugh]

The guy got her lost leh. i doubt so lol.

actually in the jungle, if u stray off the track, can be quite disorienting one. As any of us who done topo out in LCK or tekong will know. 

• Praise 2

Wah... dunno during that few days got tie or not...

or you can try to ask this question through CNA maybe [laugh]

actually in the jungle, if u stray off the track, can be quite disorienting one. As any of us who done topo out in LCK or tekong will know. 

Yup, once you're off-track, it'll get worse from there on.

Plus they said they mistook some red markings (tied strip of cloths) on trees as short-cuts when they are 'danger indicators' (like red traffic light?)... so they would have gone quite some distance off-track and on a dangerous path. And they won't realise it until they are way too far off... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

But in most other Hollywood movies, usually after a couple has been through thick and thin, they will piak piak and settle down thereafter [:p]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

how come they can call BOMBAS and cannot just send their location via whatsapp and stay put?

:blink:

out in the mountains if got signal is usually only 2G voice call only. But sms should still work lol  [laugh]

But in most other Hollywood movies, usually after a couple has been through thick and thin, they will piak piak and settle down thereafter [:p]

not james bond. he piak piak and move on  [laugh]

• Praise 2

@DACH no piak piak at all. :D

out in the mountains if got signal is usually only 2G voice call only. But sms should still work lol  [laugh]

not james bond. he piak piak and move on  [laugh]

Hypersonic

Doc also need to topo ah ?