Newbies, post ur questions/request here

Laserjet

Hi car forum. The free gift you sent i.e. non slip mat, damaged my dash. After 3 weeks, when I removed it to clean the dash, there were raised plastic dots under it. The cheap chemical you used reacted with plastic. What do you want to say about it?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

free cannot complain

you lucky, I wasn't even given one

want to complain please lodge with Radx (the complain king receiver)

but on a serious note: even your plastic air-freshener if placed under the hot sun will eventually melt and leaked onto your dash creating a lot of problems.

Hi car forum. The free gift you sent i.e. non slip mat, damaged my dash. After 3 weeks, when I removed it to clean the dash, there were raised plastic dots under it. The cheap chemical you used reacted with plastic. What do you want to say about it?

• Praise 8

Greeting everyone !

My Volvo XC60 (with 57000km mileage) coming to 8 years up for servicing. Was told to replace my engine timing belt due to age. My volvo servicing chart says change timing belt at 120000 km. Should I go ahead with timing belt replacement ?

Thank You

• Praise 1

My username seems to be automatically generated. Can I know the steps to change it?

Can mods help me start a thread? I have a question in mind.

I went to a dealer and was interested in the car. I requested to send the car for inspection before signing the dotted line, but the dealer said they have to get the bank's loan approval before we can proceed with inspection etc. If I were to agree to getting the bank's approval first, does it mean I am already committed to the loan or I can walk away anytime if I am unhappy with the inspection results?

Thanks for the advice. :)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello,

I have a question, I have an e46 316i 2004 (1.8L 115hp). The manual advises to use 5W30 LL04 oil. The previous owner did the maintenance 4000km ago and he used 10W-40 which is not meant for this engine because it's half-synthetic and not bmw approved. My brother says that once a thicker oil has been used I can't go back to thinner oil, is this true ? Can I change my filter, drain the old oil and put 5W-30 back in or not ? An alternative is 5W-40 which is full synthetic and has BMW Longlife01 spec.

• Praise 1

hi guys. New here, but I have the feeling you can help me with my issue :)

I got a strange one. Whenever I push the gas quickly I hear a hissing sound and it looks like the air intake fills with too much with air (don't think that's normal). It's really hard to describe in words but a video tells the whole story:

The car is European (Seat Toledo - 2002) but the engine is the same one as you have on the VW Golf 2.3 V5 170 bhp

Any idea why this happens?

Edited by sebcoz777
  • Praise 1

Hey, I'm new here. I need an ECU pinout for a JDM 2005 Honda Stream 1.7, but I can't find one since I am in America. Thanks!

Edit- since I am unsure of how exactly this forum works since I am new here, when you make me a new topic on this, please post a link to it so I can find it, or at least tell me where it is. Thanks in advance!

Hi there, I'd like to make a new thread as follows:

Most value for money used car with the following requirements 

- Off-peak use

- Prefer the comfort of Toyota Camry (suspension, stability and low noise in cabin) 

- Don't need powerful engine/performance

- Low maintenance ( what is the usual mileage for a camry/altis before it completely dies?) 

- Don't mind old car (9years old for example)

- 5 seater

- hybrid a plus but not compulsory

- under $7k depre

Saw some old cars (e.g. Camry @ 180k KM, $52k with 10years new COE) , wonder whether they can really tahan another 10 years?

Also saw some other old cars (10 year Mark X @ 52K KM mileage) - can the odometer be tampered with? If so, is there any SUREFIRE way to confirm REAL mileage? 

Lastly, which are the most trusted garages I can go to for a 100% comprehensive check to uncover any potential problems? 

How much will it cost for such an inspection?

Who usually pays? Prospective buyer or seller? IF unsatisfactory, will seller pay?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

• Praise 1

10yr MarkX only done 50KM  .... 

[hur]  who believe  :D

My put put chia 10 years old only 60K all service by AD. This is the oldest.

• Praise 6

Neutral Newbie

Please help me. My car Toyota Sienta front hazed light cover leaking water when raining. I went to workshop at kaki Bukit and was informed that I have to change the whole set meant it costs of $1300 plus. I did ask them whether I can just use silicone instead? I was told NO!. Any suggestion guys?

• Praise 1

Please help me. My car Toyota Sienta front hazed light cover leaking water when raining. I went to workshop at kaki Bukit and was informed that I have to change the whole set meant it costs of $1300 plus. I did ask them whether I can just use silicone instead? I was told NO!. Any suggestion guys?

check if you can get it from taobao or aliexpress or even ebay, installation sld not be that difficult.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

Neutral Newbie

check if you can get it from taobao or aliexpress or even ebay, installation sld not be that difficult.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Friend, i should search under?

• Praise 2

U wasting money . buy a car only used 60k :D

can't be help no need to drive so much because cai png stall only next to my place

no need to travel to sim lim to buy New computer, hp said changed computer also same problem, that is, when type D_ _ _ suddenly screen flash as Sabbie.

when friends or family ask to go out, I just tell them boh eng.

now you know why car mileage so low

if I kena ban I must blame you

Friend, i should search under?

bro people give you direction cannot expect people to follow you home right Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 7

Hi there, I'd like to make a new thread as follows:

Most value for money used car with the following requirements 

- Off-peak use

- Prefer the comfort of Toyota Camry (suspension, stability and low noise in cabin) 

- Don't need powerful engine/performance

- Low maintenance ( what is the usual mileage for a camry/altis before it completely dies?) 

- Don't mind old car (9years old for example)

- 5 seater

- hybrid a plus but not compulsory

- under $7k depre

Saw some old cars (e.g. Camry @ 180k KM, $52k with 10years new COE) , wonder whether they can really tahan another 10 years?

Also saw some other old cars (10 year Mark X @ 52K KM mileage) - can the odometer be tampered with? If so, is there any SUREFIRE way to confirm REAL mileage? 

Lastly, which are the most trusted garages I can go to for a 100% comprehensive check to uncover any potential problems? 

How much will it cost for such an inspection?

Who usually pays? Prospective buyer or seller? IF unsatisfactory, will seller pay?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

any feedback please?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2