Photographing the plane....

Wind30

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-airshow-crash-changi-airport-reports-photos-9936838

I have seen some spectacular sunsets on the tarmac while boarding the plane at overseas airport....

Did you guys know it’s illegal...... I googled more and there seems to be some cases of people getting into minor issues with staff over this....

↡ Advertisement

maybe since the passengers are informed not to use their phones during takeoff and landing, CAG finds there is no need to specially inform again.

I find it weird .... but maybe it has become a universal pastime for ppl to just whip out their camphones and keep a image of almost everything they see - be it common or uncommon.

want to see aeroplane, just google lah ... gazillions of pics on the internet ... or maybe its and angle issue ??

that being said, I am also one of these people ... my camphone usually "eats" before i do. [blush]

airport should have tighter security, even at Woodlands Train station passengers are not allowed to take photo, they will stop you and check your phone to delete those photo.

Singapore Changi airport may not a allow photography on the apron and tarmac areas. Some airports are even more strict. Some not even allowed to take pictures at immigration and baggage areas. On the other hand, some 'holiday' places where there are no aerobridges, photography next to airplanes are allowed. Those make for very nice pictures.

For those who are simply interested in aircraft pictures of many different airlines, this website offer many pictures taken by others all over the world :

http://www.airliners.net/

Edited by Flying_genie
  • Praise 1

Singapore Changi airport may not a allow photography on the apron and tarmac areas. Some airports are even more strict. Some not even allowed to take pictures at immigration and baggage areas. On the other hand, some 'holiday' places where there are no aerobridges, photography next to airplanes are allowed. Those make for very nice pictures.

For those who are simply interested in aircraft pictures of many different airlines, this website offer many pictures taken by others all over the world :

I really don’t see any point in taking photo of immigration and baggage areas, esp immigration areas where there are a lot of security officers. I am pretty sure most airports don’t allow photography at security and immigration checkpoints. It is kind of understood and there is nothing photogenic anyway.

But boarding the plane on the tarmac, depending on the backdrop and light might give u a pretty decent photo.

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Singapore Changi airport may not a allow photography on the apron and tarmac areas. Some airports are even more strict. Some not even allowed to take pictures at immigration and baggage areas. On the other hand, some 'holiday' places where there are no aerobridges, photography next to airplanes are allowed. Those make for very nice pictures.

Anyone that fly to Koh Samui airport. The moment they get off the plane for sure will take out the phone and non stop taking photo right outside the plane.

https://www.samuiairportonline.com/photo-gallery/

post-29292-0-01142100-1518521315_thumb.png

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

no lah, CAG is just referring to those pictures taken "on the airside"

In response to media queries from Channel NewsAsia, a CAG spokesperson confirmed that photography and videography on the airside are restricted and has reported the matter to the police. 
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-airshow-crash-changi-airport-reports-photos-9936838

those from airport terminal and outside the fence no issue one lah.

• Praise 1

Many airlines allow usage of phone ( in airplane mode ) in their planes already. Except during take off and landings.

Silkair has in-flight wifi movies which you connect to their cabin wifi to watch your own movie - BYOP .

Thus I will assume that you are able to take videos and photographs from the plane during flight ( except take-off and landings ).

Turbocharged

I take plenty of photos and videos lol. 

Hope they don't catch me.

Check out this take-off video.   See the water vapour spout over the inner engine?  I was like 'wow'.  So glad I caught it.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Many airlines allow usage of phone ( in airplane mode ) in their planes already. Except during take off and landings.

Silkair has in-flight wifi movies which you connect to their cabin wifi to watch your own movie - BYOP .

Thus I will assume that you are able to take videos and photographs from the plane during flight ( except take-off and landings ).

Really cannot take videos during takeoff and landing? Hmmmm.

Landing into Canberra.  The plane had to go to the end of the runway, make a U-turn.  Cute.

Early morning landing into Singapore.  It was beautiful from the sky.

Day landing into Singapore.  

Washington DC Dulles International.  They had these huge vehicles, almost like a Star Wars base.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

I have a question:

How are photos and videos of airplanes flying in the sky taken?

heard of selfie

• Praise 1

On some MAS flights, the crew will demand that you switch off the mobile. Not just in flight mode during takeoff and landing. They actually wanted to see my phone and have me press the Power button.

I have no such issues on other airlines.

↡ Advertisement