• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
190 replies to this topic | 928 praises

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I noticed that there are a few MCF-ers here who have left our sunny island and gone to the Motherland, for work or other opportunities.

To tell you guys a secret, I am now also one of them.

I started a new job in January and am now based in Shanghai, It's been quite an interesting experience so far living and working in China (although Shanghai is not very much diff from Singapore, other than the cold winter weather)

I'm guessing this can be a thread for all of us who are based in China, to gather, talk cock, chit chat and share tips. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this though.

Aaronlkl, Dleodleo, Beregond, Staff69, Tianmo, Lala81, Buadongdong, 18 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

too far off if not can meet up

me going longhua but short trip
Benarsenal and SiLangKia praised this
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Never let your friends get lonely... 🧐keep disturbing them.

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I noticed that there are a few MCF-ers here who have left our sunny island and gone to the Motherland, for work or other opportunities.

I started a new job in January and am now based in Shanghai, It's been quite an interesting experience so far living and working in China (although Shanghai is not very much diff from Singapore, other than the cold winter weather)

I'm guessing this can be a thread for all of us who are based in China, to gather, talk cock, chit chat and share tips. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this though.

take care over there bro. will let you know if i go Shanghai  [thumbsup]

Benarsenal, Freeder and SiLangKia praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Becareful if you are going for massage and the masseur is an uncle..
Mustank praised this
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Really feel glad for u bro. Got chance to work overseas. Can take a break from P8P nonsense!

Staff69 and Angcheek praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Becareful if you are going for massage and the masseur is an uncle..

What he do ???  [jawdrop] 

Jamesc and Volvobrick praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What he do ??? [jawdrop]

This

tumblr_inline_o168bb0pLo1sha89v_500.gif

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Please share XMM pic 😁
Pocy, Mercs, BanCoe, Uncle2, Freeder and 1 Anonymous member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Please share XMM pic 😁

I :wub:  xmm

Newbie26, Angcheek, Mercs, Spring, Uncle2, Freeder, AltisOwner and 2 other members praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Hubwee
  • Premium member
    Hubwee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

wah , so chun , replying you while am at pudong airport waiting for my flight home ....

Freaking cold the last 3 days Lor ....
Benarsenal, Mercs and Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks everyone haha. I'll see what I can do about the XMM. LOL.

Living overseas does have its good and bad. While I do have my issues with the current administration and how things are run in Singapore, at the end of the day it's still where I grew up and where my family is. Inevitably will still have some feelings and miss some things from back home.

The other day I was watching TV and they were showing The Amazing Race China, and their host was Allan Wu (yes really). The episode where they visited Singapore, really quite emo for me seeing them visit places like Sentosa, Lau Pa Sat etc. And at the end Allan Wu mentioned that Singapore is also his home even though he's based in China now, wah that one I almost cry.  [bigcry]

I suppose the feeling will fade over time, but I think it's not the objective things about Singapore I miss (like the cleanliness and etc). More like, the memories you've built up back home, the times you've spend with your friends and family. Those things are a bit harder to let go.

wah , so chun , replying you while am at pudong airport waiting for my flight home ....

Freaking cold the last 3 days Lor ....

Yeah I know. But getting better.

That time when it snowed, lagi worse. Wear 5 layers also buay tahan. LOL.

RH1667, BabyBlade and Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Welcome to China

The only way to deal with cold Is to wear less.

Shanghai has higher humidity than Sg. It feels colder lo.
Benarsenal praised this

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hearsay if you hug a xmm during the winter months . you can go cloth free

and the best part

you get a free gift 10 months later😁😁
Freeder, Hoseyboh, Newbie26, Tohto, Vid, BanCoe, Thaiyotakamli and 3 other members praised this

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:53 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hearsay if you hug a xmm during the winter months . you can go cloth free

and the best part

you get a free gift 10 months later😁😁

The weather too cold and the moment he took out his clothing, it getting froze bite, too hard....  :scared: 

How to get the gift after 10 months ...  :grin: 

Staff69 praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

my cousin got posting to Shanghai previously ... he went there for a two week "trial' .... and then rejected the offer.

he said very difficult to work with the ppl there. 

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

don’t worry about missing home

tiagong 10/10 singapore men will find a gf when based in china

😅😂
Volvobrick and Pocy praised this

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think both the city and its people have progressed tremendously and have overtaken papland in many ways. Many of the workers are hard working no nonsense type.

Once settled in I doubt you will miss much, much less the constant digging and poorly maintained roads here, or MRT breakdowns, perhaps except the better air and more greens here.

Enjoy your posting, and be careful of the XMMs.

Edited by Volvobrick, 10 February 2018 - 11:14 PM.

Tohto, Aaronlkl, Benarsenal, BanCoe, Thaiyotakamli, Kangadrool, No_worries and 4 other members praised this

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got helicopter 🚁?
Garage36.com

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

my cousin got posting to Shanghai previously ... he went there for a two week "trial' .... and then rejected the offer.

he said very difficult to work with the ppl there. 

I think it depends on the company. I'm working for an MNC so the work culture is very Westernised. I speak Chinese to my Chinese colleagues but for business matters it's all in English. No problem adapting.

It's true now that the bigger cities are very developed. The younger generation now all can speak decent standard of English.

Yewheng praised this

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:30 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No wonder you are so inactive these days.

Congrats.  [laugh]

Benarsenal praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: mcf , china , singapore

Tags: mcf, china, singapore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users