Singpost postman threw residents letters away

supersen

Agents can use singpost now. Private companies can only distribute HDB and landed. But how do you get flyers into condo? You use singpost.

But I never do flyers in my entire agent career. So anyone who has their mailbox full of property flyers, please don't look at me. I find flyers ineffective and ridiculous in today's age and really wonder why most agents still use flyers? And still do door knocking? Come on....

ya......another bro filled me in....now i know! Usually if i see an agent's flyer on my gate i will rummage through the listing to see how much i can get for my unit....
↡ Advertisement

i kenah a few years back ... wrote to ST Forum and they replied that after investigation, they found the postman at fault also ....

i wife having confinement after birth, at home with my MIL ... and yet can get a note in my mailbox saying no one at home during registered article delivery ??

I had the exact same situation.. wife was sick at home, with MIL and maid at home.. knn got slip say no one at home.. seriously WTF. I buy things from q10 , make it a point to avoid Singpost. instead of delivering mail, they more busy fighting board room battles.

i heard some forumer posted that some postman/postwomen never ring the bell because they knna scolded by residents before as the bell ring will wake up babies

LOL

• Praise 1

Singpost should also come out with a preventive measure to stop these things from happening again. What kind of checks are they going to do? Status quo is not enough, as I don't think this is an isolated case.

• Praise 1

i heard some forumer posted that some postman/postwomen never ring the bell because they knna scolded by residents before as the bell ring will wake up babies

LOL

1398906742097-1673793550.jpeg

:grin:

dont think so......condo owners gets property agents pamphlets? I dont live in one and i never ask those who lives in 1 either!

Now i read the post again.......singpost gets money from property agents but the one that does the leg work is the postman. My apologies hor. If i am the post man i will also very tulan......but i wont throw the letters ....i will throw the flyers and brochures. Its very tiring and mundane duty and need to distribute each flyer to each mail box will be very taxing.....

Actually because of email and anti social media the number of letters sent has

dropped dramatically. Thank goodness for flyers if not we really don't need so many

postman. 

:D

If that postman not happy he should just throw letter lah.

Just one resignation letter to his company and not people's

mail.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Actually because of email and anti social media the number of letters sent has

dropped dramatically. Thank goodness for flyers if not we really don't need so many

postman.

i think still need......some like me are more comfortable getting bills from our mailbox. I bloody hate internet banking as i dont feel comfortable with the security.

When i use to wear shorts decades ago some of my older kampung mates were postmen.....they were happy just to get a job after finishing their schooling and ns werent calling.....no ns letter no company will employ. And they were very happy comes CNY......they would get Hong bao from the old chinese aunties during their rounds especially if its in our kampung

When most of these crops retired in the late 90s to early 2000s the job went to Malaysian who were rather happy because of the exchange rate. Their pay after ot was about 2-2.5k and after conversion its more than rm5k.

Then Singpost starts to employ prc...........rest is history....good and bad....

The problem is our garmen nowadays give contracts and outsource every single thing. Whenever it comes to problems it is easy, always blame on the poor end contractors. They will never blame the fellow which issues the contract.

These contract winners will just throw the job out to the cheapest offer typically the people from China or India which ask the least.

Frankly speaking the work load is really high, the flyers via postman are just rubbish. It used to be done by students, I used to do it myself with a metal rod and poking into every mail box, ever since mail box mechanism changed, the game plan changed as well. Outsourcing would only work on non core areas never critical work. Issue is even the critical Work is now outsourced.

I even have received mails telling me to collect my registered mail at the post office citing that they have tried to send the bulk mail to me when I have someone at home at any point of the day.

This is that amount of rớt in the current system. There is simply no accountability in the system and day by day it is getting bad to worse. I really miss lky days when he say sort it out means sort it out.

Edited by CH_CO
  • Praise 7

Not sure if I mentioned before. Have a friend from UK who still writes letters. No hand phone , no social media.

Just for him I have to go to SAM machine to buy stamps and I have a stack of envelopes at home just to post to him.

When he came in 2016, the planning took almost two months because we were sending letters back and forth.

When he came I waited at the airport with a signboard waiting for him cos he had no handphone. He did come.

We walked from hostel to hostel in Chinatown because he had no prior booking cos he had no Internet. So we got a room. Then I told him tomorrow I meet you at this bus stop at this time. Just like old days before hand phone.

And yeah he paid for the hostel in cash cos he has no credit card.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 6

Not sure if I mentioned before. Have a friend from UK who still writes letters. No hand phone , no social media.

Just for him I have to go to SAM machine to buy stamps and I have a stack of envelopes at home just to post to him.

When he came in 2016, the planning took almost two months because we were sending letters back and forth.

When he came I waited at the airport with a signboard waiting for him cos he had no handphone. He did come.

We walked from hostel to hostel in Chinatown because he had no prior booking cos he had no Internet. So we got a room. Then I told him tomorrow I meet you at this bus stop at this time. Just like old days before hand phone.

Such people can survive if there is a war.

• Praise 1

Must be real fan of George o well :XD:

3744438.jpg

nice to hear when someone still manage to live through the current time without all the modern conveniences. Salute!
  • Praise 1

Just wonder did the PRC guy throw away residents letters in just that condo or every other HDB blocks and Condos that is under his charge?

​If yes, there will sure have a lot more missing residents letters. 

Edited by Yewheng

Mine worst!!!! I sent my original receipts for insurance claims, it never reached the destination..... my claim gone!!!

Cannot imagine so many transactions over carosel are by mail.

Postman at fault. But did Singpost overwork their postman?

But did Singpost overwork their postman?

volume of mail have been reduced dramatically today compared to 20 years ago.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1