Singpost postman threw residents letters away

supersen

Now Philipkee will start to kancheong if the postman threw away his pen pal's letters... Causing him to wait so long...?

i posted on their fb...had a $200 article and lost..no trace.  Even though it says SIGNED for.....raised hell and fury on fb and they say no compensation.  I raised this again

bloody singpost manned by pinoys and their call ctr somewhere in Chennai...

CCB really....hope that they file chapter11 and govt open up more delivery channels of our local mail even....nnb 

Recently there were several parcels lost when my company sent come documents overseas. Heard from secretary that she fired Singpost [laugh] and switched to DHL.

• Praise 1

Recently there were several parcels lost when my company sent come documents overseas. Heard from secretary that she fired Singpost [laugh] and switched to DHL.

I'm surprised that your company was even using Singpost for impt docs in the first place (yes, I know they are a lot cheaper than DHL).

Another surprise is that the secretary has the power to decide which courier service to use...

I'm surprised that your company was even using Singpost for impt docs in the first place (yes, I know they are a lot cheaper than DHL).

Another surprise is that the secretary has the power to decide which courier service to use...

some secretary very powerful one, i know many of them have a say and decide on general admin services.

• Praise 1

I am really surprise that you are surprise secretary can decide which courier service to use. Most businesses have more than one courier service acct, many places is the receptionist who decide who to use .  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

And you do know that some receptionist carry the tile " junior secretary" , dont you?  [laugh]

Easily half of my mails are spam ads and the sheer amount of paper i dump into the bin is astonishing.

Just found out that there's a hidden opt-out option. Chop chop filled it up and submitted.  Anxious to find out if all the rubbish mails will stop.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2016/11/21/here-is-how-you-opt-out-from-singposts-spam-mails-to-your-house/

• Praise 2

Someone else's letter was placed into my letterbox last week. After I put it in the return box, the letter found its way back into my letterbox again. I have to return it a second time and wrote a feedback to SingPost because the letter could be important to the recipient. The letter was from NUS' Office of Admissions.

• Praise 1

Someone else's letter was placed into my letterbox last week. After I put it in the return box, the letter found its way back into my letterbox again. I have to return it a second time and wrote a feedback to SingPost because the letter could be important to the recipient. The letter was from NUS' Office of Admissions.

wrong unit number or your address but no such person?

wrong unit number or your address but no such person?

Same block and unit number but different street. The postman delivered it to my address. It is meant for the other address.

Edited by ktnpl

Same block and unit number but different street. The postman delivered it to my address. It is meant for the other address.

\hmmm..postman dyslexic?

\hmmm..postman dyslexic?

Maybe. It has happened a few times. This time I alerted the recipient via Facebook based on the name on the envelop :)

• Praise 2

Maybe. It has happened a few times. This time I alerted the recipient via Facebook based on the name on the envelop :)

Gd on you

As my side the boxes hv internAl latch, I’ll drop by n deliver by hand

error maybe comes from sorting centre, postman only look at block and unit number after the mails been sorted and bundled by block.

Gd on you

As my side the boxes hv internAl latch, I’ll drop by n deliver by hand

A bit hard cos the recipient is in a different condo. If it is my neighbour's mail from the same block, I will bring it to the neighbour if it is a big item or slip it under the door if it is a letter.

error maybe comes from sorting centre, postman only look at block and unit number after the mails been sorted and bundled by block.

That has happened a few times too. Neighbours' mails were placed in my letter box and vice versa.

The postal code should be quite apparently wrong. Usually, if the address is hard to read but postal code is there it will still reach the right block / building.

when I see the postman, they are usually given a bundle of mails sorted by block. that's why I say it came from sorting centre which the postman will assume no error, so they just focus on the unit number.

I also get mail from different unit in my box, I usually go to the unit and drop at the door (same block).

I believe it had happened before, just that they were lucky and were not caught. 

We should focus not the race or nationality of the worker but the individual worker himself because it can happen in any society.

Then we need to ask why is their workers like that.

When I was younger, I used to own a Honda Accord, I got to know a service technician who use to go scuba diving and we bum into each other sometimes at the sea.

The many stories, he told me, I realized that it is just that we dont know (ignorance is bliss). Some examples, exchange your good parts with not so good part and use it for their own car or friends car or outside workshop. 

Yes, we become aware but no need to appear like a mountain tortoise as if we live in a Utopia.

Our tolerance for failure and faults is sometimes explainable. Eg If a car electronic system acts funny we complain like hell and demand this and that from AD. However, for decades we pay for a flawed / work in progress Windows OS from MIcrosoft, we get blue death screen, hang computer, vulnerable software, privacy intrusion  and etc. If it was a car, a whatsapp would have form and started a civil claim already.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3