'Smart' waste bins that alert cleaners via SMS when full

Ysc3

What a load of rubbish!

They should at least concurrently tackle how to reduce waste, e.g. unnecessary packaging, disposable utensils....

Always solving the wrong problem.

The amount of disposable plastics they use in restaurants/ hawker centers from paper towels wrapped in plastics to chopsticks to plastic spoons/forks and styrofoam plates is just unbelievable Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I don't see the need to send SMS or whatever to the cleaners when the bin is full.

Why not automate the bins to clear the rubbish, each at regular intervals with these bins self move to the main rubbish collection area? 

Like this can don't worry about manpower in garbage collection in future?

Hmmm... 

I don't see the need to send SMS or whatever to the cleaners when the bin is full.

Why not automate the bins to clear the rubbish, each at regular intervals with these bins self move to the main rubbish collection area? 

Like this can don't worry about manpower in garbage collection in future?

Hmmm... 

Self moving waste bins?!  :o

Thought they already have some type of vacuum suction garbage system?

Vacuum suction garbage system think is for those central waste chute in the block?!

What a load of rubbish!

They should at least concurrently tackle how to reduce waste, e.g. unnecessary packaging, disposable utensils....

Always solving the wrong problem.

Fixing problem does not bring recognition.

Making something new, does.

Like in the software industry.

No one cares if you fix bugs.

But everyone want to see new "features"

But sometimes they say, it's a feature, not a bug. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Thought they already have some type of vacuum suction garbage system?

That's only for the central collection center. They can't install it to every rubbish bin.

The rubbish from the bins need to be moved to these central collection centers ultimately.

I'll imagined someone throw a bag of perishable food in the bin but it take 2 weeks before the smljbin is full and sms for help... eweee

• Praise 1

I'll imagined someone throw a bag of perishable food in the bin but it take 2 weeks before the smljbin is full and sms for help... eweee

I think before the bin is full to SMS the cleaner, the cleaner may have received SMS from the residents to clear it due to the foul smell.  [laugh]

• Praise 2