Car thefts in MSIA - unlocking car with keyless entry

ChaosMyth

The next evolution will be using finger print to open and start car.

Howcome no one think of this..use the iPhone facial recognition (some sort like that) to scan and start car. IPhone x so cheap compare to the cost of car.

sekali got prob then stuck outside the car cannot unlock haha... 

↡ Advertisement

This fuse trick the thieves also know already. And there are many spares in the car. So even if you hide the one you took out, they can easily just put it back in.

This fuse trick I did in Dec when up north. I took out the fuses (and bring with me to the hotel room) for the fuel pump, ignition & starter and all the fuse with the same rating. And I still put on the steering wheel lock.

I know very kiasu but if the someone try to jack it, they will have to remove the steering lock and figure out what's the missing fuse and maybe they don't carry enough.

They probably will vandalise it if they are unsuccessful but at least I keep my car.

Edited by w7_lee
  • Praise 2

This fuse trick I did in Dec when up north. I took out the fuses (and bring with me to the hotel room) for the fuel pump, ignition & starter and all the fuse with the same rating. And I still put on the steering wheel lock.

I know very kiasu but if the someone try to jack it, they will have to remove the steering lock and figure out what's the missing fuse and maybe they don't carry enough.

They probably will vandalise it if they are unsuccessful but at least I keep my car.

Rather than than stealing your car, u Kenna carjack while removing fuse. Because u removed fuse, robber TL & beat up until 10 ribs break. Worth it or not?

I rather quickly get in the car quickly, lock door & drive off.

There is "high tech" way to do this- a remote controled fuse.

TB2Y_46XndYBeNkSmLyXXXfnVXa_!!910195163.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.1997525049.3.11c617b8fEGH4z&id=549445079347

Edited by Somewhat1975

How about put on wheel clamp yourself?

Edited by t0y0ta

Twincharged

FYI, even though you removed all the fuses with the same rating, they still have spares. Usually in the engine bay will have some spares provided by the manufacturer and even if no spares, they can just short the connection if they really want your car. The fuse is to protect the electronics, but shorting it with a wire will remove the protection but the car will run normally.

It will deter those casual thieves though. Those that just want a joyride or something. But if you just want to deter those casual thieves then the steering lock itself is enough already.

Edited by Nzy

Rather than than stealing your car, u Kenna carjack while removing fuse. Because u removed fuse, robber TL & beat up until 10 ribs break. Worth it or not?

I rather quickly get in the car quickly, lock door & drive off.

I thought of that too but I was in a group with 2 other guys, so this will depend on how much confident the robber has.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.1997525049.3.11c617b8fEGH4z&id=549445079347

Not sure about this but it looks like a relay. I went for the fuses because I was not able to figure out the relays in my car. To me, removing relay was a better option (IMO) but now I not sure liao.

FYI, even though you removed all the fuses with the same rating, they still have spares. Usually in the engine bay will have some spares provided by the manufacturer and even if no spares, they can just short the connection if they really want your car. The fuse is to protect the electronics, but shorting it with a wire will remove the protection but the car will run normally.

It will deter those casual thieves though. Those that just want a joyride or something. But if you just want to deter those casual thieves then the steering lock itself is enough already.

I remove the fuses in the cabin, in the engine bay and all the spares. There is no possibility for them to use the available fuse in my car to replace the missing. Only option was for them to bring their own (assuming they have so many with them). Jumping across the fuse slots is an option but they will have to find out which are the slots (in cabin & at engine bay). 

It's not 100% but at least, they have will have to spend more time working on the car. Steering lock I did install, that's the main sign to deter them. The fuses are additional only.

Edited by w7_lee

Twincharged

From taobao? You dare to you use for something that is supposed to save your car if something shorts out? I'd rather not risk getting the whole car burnt.

I remove the fuses in the cabin, in the engine bay and all the spares. There is no possibility for them to use the available fuse in my car to replace the missing. Only option was for them to bring their own (assuming they have so many with them). Jumping across the fuse slots is an option but they will have to find out which are the slots (in cabin & at engine bay). 

It's not 100% but at least, they have will have to spend more time working on the car. Steering lock I did install, that's the main sign to deter them. The fuses are additional only.

Personally, I think easier to use methods like steering lock, pedal locks and wheel clamps if you really want to deter them. From what I know, they are prepared so probably have a whole box of fuses in their car cuz this is now a very popular method to deter thieves. They also have internet like us. No need to figure which slot is required. Just jump all the empty ones with their higher rated fuses. Car sure work already. Easier than cutting off a pedal lock or other kind of lock.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

How will you deter those who get a tow truck?  :o

Use tow truck then bo pian. I guess the location to park will play a part, parking in the hotel's parking lot should 'reduce' the chances of getting towed away. 

Personally, I think easier to use methods like steering lock, pedal locks and wheel clamps if you really want to deter them. From what I know, they are prepared so probably have a whole box of fuses in their car cuz this is now a very popular method to deter thieves. They also have internet like us. No need to figure which slot is required. Just jump all the empty ones with their higher rated fuses. Car sure work already. Easier than cutting off a pedal lock or other kind of lock.

Steering wheel lock had been with me for a few years liao but did not come around to getting a pedal lock. 

Edited by w7_lee

I have another huge Clavis padlock that will sound real loud if it gets shaken until it gets unlocked.

I put it on the steering wheel in additional the steering lock.

• Praise 2

I have another huge Clavis padlock that will sound real loud if it gets shaken until it gets unlocked.

I put it on the steering wheel in additional the steering lock.

Can let me know the model of the calvis padlock? Big enough to put onto the steering wheel? 

I go JB many times and never had the car stolen.

I used the autolock pedal lock but it could also be

I drive a Hyundai and maybe no one steals those.

Also maybe I usually park outside massage parlors

and thieves don't likes to steal near these places as

they might get recognised.

:D 

1640m.jpg

Simple.

Park in a multi story car park with a really low ceiling

and very tight narrow turns. Park head in and turn your

steering to full lock. And take the ticket with you so the

thief has to go to the management office and pay the

RM20 fine and hopefully get his face on CCTV.

The car thief would have to be very determined and

skillful to successfully steal your car.

• Praise 1

If you really wanted to make sure your car is still there.

Do all the above and let out all the air from all 4 tyres.

Use an electric pump to inflate the tyres when you want

to go.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1