Car thefts in MSIA - unlocking car with keyless entry

ChaosMyth

Can let me know the model of the calvis padlock? Big enough to put onto the steering wheel?

Try search for Raslock. It’s a Singapore design and SG company. I’m using it. It’s holding to the spikes of the steering wheel.. very difficult to steal
↡ Advertisement

Try search for Raslock. Itâs a Singapore design and SG company. Iâm using it. Itâs holding to the spikes of the steering wheel.. very difficult to steal

Thanks for the recommendation, looking into it, looks good, i currently have a cheap qoo10 steering wheel lock, might Upgrade to one of this.

(edited)

Simple.

Park in a multi story car park with a really low ceiling

and very tight narrow turns. Park head in and turn your

steering to full lock. And take the ticket with you so the

thief has to go to the management office and pay the

RM20 fine and hopefully get his face on CCTV.

The car thief would have to be very determined and

skillful to successfully steal your car.

:D

Bro, you almost got everything covered... [laugh]

But I remembered recently someone put a link to show how the KL security move a car that was blocking another car. With 4 of that gadget, they can technically move the car out from the carpark to somewhere else   [bigcry]

Anyway, we do our due diligence. If still get stolen, can only blame our luck  :a-bang:

Edited by w7_lee
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just purchase a wheel clamp online and lock one or up to 4 wheels and no thief would be keen to steal your car  [laugh]

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

If you really wanted to make sure your car is still there.

Do all the above and let out all the air from all 4 tyres.

Use an electric pump to inflate the tyres when you want

to go.

Good idea! Deflat all four tyres.

The downside..it will take you another 10min to inflate up all the four tyres. If I am a robber I will wait till you are inflating. Save me the trouble!

• Praise 2

Just purchase a wheel clamp online and lock one or up to 4 wheels and no thief would be keen to steal your car [laugh]

That's correct. They choose the fast and easy ones.

They won't bother if it takes time and effort.

• Praise 1

Wanna ask a noob question. How do you check if your car door is locked with keyless entry?

I mean if you go to your car with your key fob in your pocket, it auto unlocks.

But how do you know the car becomes locked after you go away? What if it remains unlocked even if the fob is away? Assuming you are alone and you cannot get another person to check for you. Cos when you approach it the car door unlocks.

I sometimes am a bit paranoid. Like I use the car remote to lock the car. Did the car get locked? Maybe. Cos all I see is the lights flash and the door may or may not be locked.. I like to pull the car door handle physically to check it's locked.

Edited by Philipkee

Wanna ask a noob question. How do you check if your car door is locked with keyless entry?

But how do you know the car becomes locked after you go away? What if it remains unlocked even if the fob is away? Assuming you are alone and you cannot get another person to check for you. Cos when you approach it the car door unlocks.

I sometimes am a bit paranoid. Like I use the car remote to lock the car. Did the car get locked? Maybe. Cos all I see is the lights flash and the door may or may not be locked.. I like to pull the car door handle physically to check it's locked.

One thing about technology and electronics , like keyless entry, there's been reported cases of the door not locking.

Which is also the reason why I prefer to save the money and refrain from getting the high specs model with all the gadgets.

This is self explanatory

Besides a beep & lights fleshing, I programmed side mirrors to fold after lock; So visually can 'see' it is locked by looking at the side mirrors...sometime forget if I heard the beep & see fleshing lights after walking a few steps...getting not young.. :sick:

Besides a beep & lights fleshing, I programmed side mirrors to fold after lock; So visually can 'see' it is locked by looking at the side mirrors...sometime forget if I heard the beep & see fleshing lights after walking a few steps...getting not young.. :sick:

There was a time when light flash and beep but one of the door never lock because that door central lock spoil.

Why I know?because I everytime manually check the door by pulling the handle lightly.lol........

There was a time when light flash and beep but one of the door never lock because that door central lock spoil.

Why I know?because I everytime manually check the door by pulling the handle lightly.lol........

Mine cannot. The car will unlock when my hand gets near the handle inside

Folded mirrors and locking sound are the only ways to tell if it's locked

• Praise 1

oh, so high tech?

for mine, even with the smart key, need to press a button at the door handle, then it will unlock.

if never press the button, even with the key within range, car will not unlock.

• Praise 1

Use some aluminium foil and wrap around your remote.

• Praise 2

My ride no-button and work on sensor...If I lock and try to pull any handle to check, it will unlock... :wacko:

If I ask my wife to check if I had lock the car...sure get the 'love-stare'... :wub:

In SG, occasionally forget to lock car also no-body knows... [:p]

• Praise 1

Use some aluminium foil and wrap around your remote.

I once put inside those RF shield sleeve for credit cards and it worked.

Too troublesome though then I bochap about it

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2