Appealing for Common Sense

alex976

4 years ago, I Kenna summon for illegal parking near Bkt Timah Reserve.

Instead of venting my anger @ MCF, I wrote a complaint letter to TP, CC Nparks & LTA.

My summon was waived.

Morale of the story: Vent your anger at the correct channel.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

What if it was not waived? Will you vent it here?

4 years ago, I Kenna summon for illegal parking near Bkt Timah Reserve.

Instead of venting my anger @ MCF, I wrote a complaint letter to TP, CC Nparks & LTA.

My summon was waived.

Morale of the story: Vent your anger at the correct channel.

From now on, I will go on foot to Khatib Central but I hope that public servants can solve problems like renovating the carpark to solve the parking problem and not resort to summons. A smart society solves the problem at the root not at the ends. 

I have since paid my fine 

I think I spotted the big flaw in problem solving your case.

Did you ask MP to write a letter??

Edited by Neutrino

hmm..... let see who has the highest post till now, you are saying these members post without thinking [laugh][laugh]

I don't think "these" member is the correct quantitative description. "Most" should be precise. Haha

Not me :XD:

Ok ok not you.

That is the fun and silly part of mcf. We don't talk with common sense nor do we behave with common sense. Me one of the culprit.

Don't understand why ppl like TS is so thick skin. Asking the world to revolve around him when he only do CNY shopping once a year and rarely drive his pickup.

When my 7year old kid behave like that I will sarcastically reply,"yes, your majesty.", "everyone owes you a living". I will knock his head and tell him he owes me, not the other way around.

Ppl like TS just cannot be bothered. There's this thing called alternative parking, go do some walking, you won't die if you walk abit further. If the shopping bags are heavy go buy a shopping trolley it's still cheaper dan a fine.

Here's a hint on how to use that brain of yours.

If you are using iphone ask siri to help you look for parking in your location.

If you are using Android, learn how to use "ok Google" to search for parking in your location.

Makes me think some current generation of folks cmi.

Edited by Watwheels

I want to appeal for common sense too. My sedan also used for private duties like your L200 and take up less space on road and don't block people's view on highway/roads as much. I should pay lower road tax and COE.

Last time i parked at loading/unloading bay because my lorry has a high shelter at the back.

But even going to MP to appeal, they say i should park at heavy vehicles carpark a few km away....

Now on reflection, it makes sense.

The world doesn't revolve around me. No lots doesn't mean i can park anywhere i want.

• Praise 2

Last time i parked at loading/unloading bay because my lorry has a high shelter at the back.

But even going to MP to appeal, they say i should park at heavy vehicles carpark a few km away....

Now on reflection, it makes sense.

The world doesn't revolve around me. No lots doesn't mean i can park anywhere i want.

I do charity work which involves collecting unsold bread from malls to deliver to needy.

The bread collected can be heavy (imagine max of up to 2 or 3 SAF Ali Baba bag size stuffed with bread, and it is sometimes dense bread like Jollibean pancake) so it would be much easier for me to park at the loading/unloading bay to do the work. After all, I am there to do collection, not shopping. And some loading bays charge, no problem, I need the parking not the free parking.

However, most security guards will just say, eh you private car cannot park here. This for loading unloading only. Explain also no use. Car cannot. But I am loading go... Car cannot. But I spoke with the guy last week and... CAR CANNOT!!!

I may be loading heavier bulkier stuff than the guy in the pickup but just because I cat B COE instead of cat C means cannot use the loading bay. Can appeal for common sense?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2