• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 52 praises

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any workshop to make new plate and remove opc seal? Intending to do on 19th Feb but scared many workshops still closed..

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Only LTA can remove the OPC seal from the license plate.

Make the plate first, then go LTA to replace.

Ash2017 and Count-Bracula praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Only LTA can remove the OPC seal from the license plate.

Make the plate first, then go LTA to replace.

The workshop must grind off the seal.. lta won't remove the seal bro..

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The workshop must grind off the seal.. lta won't remove the seal bro..

You are referring to this seal, right? The one circled and arrowed.

red plate.JPG

I have asked before. Only LTA can remove it because they do not want people to tamper with it. 

The seal is not allowed to be removed by the owner or other workshops.

You should check with LTA again. 

https://www.lta.gov....eekend-car.html

HOW DO I REGISTER MY CAR UNDER THE ROPC SCHEME?

• Arrange to have the ROPC number plates sealed at any LTA-authorised inspection centre. The background colour of your number plates will be red with white lettering.

HOW DO I CONVERT MY NORMAL CAR/ WEC/ OPC TO ROPC?

After Conversion, You Must

• Change the car registration number plates to reflect the car's new scheme and seal them to any LTA-authorised inspection centre within 3 calendar days from the date of conversion.

Edited by DACH, 16 February 2018 - 08:23 PM.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

You are referring to this seal, right? The one circled and arrowed.

red plate.JPG

I have asked before. Only LTA can remove it because they do not want people to tamper with it.
The seal is not allowed to be removed by the owner or other workshops.

You should check with LTA again.

https://www.lta.gov....eekend-car.html

HOW DO I REGISTER MY CAR UNDER THE ROPC SCHEME?

• Arrange to have the ROPC number plates sealed at any LTA-authorised inspection centre. The background colour of your number plates will be red with white lettering.

HOW DO I CONVERT MY NORMAL CAR/ WEC/ OPC TO ROPC?
After Conversion, You Must
  • Change the car registration number plates to reflect the car's new scheme and seal them to any LTA-authorised inspection centre within 3 calendar days from the date of conversion.
Ok bro I'll call lta.. Thanks

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

How does the seal work? Somekind of unique screw? Cannot just use plier twist off type?

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:59 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

How does the seal work? Somekind of unique screw? Cannot just use plier twist off type?

The seal is super tough and solid...

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    Supercharged
    Author Image

quєѕtíσn íѕ whч u wαnt tσ rєmσvє thє ѕєαl? u chαngíng lícєncє plαtє σr gєttíng σff σpc ѕchєmє? dun plαч w ltα thє pєnαltíєѕ αrє hєαvч...

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

quÑÑtíÏn Ã­Ñ whÑ u wαnt tÏ rÑmÏvÑ thÑ ÑÑαl? u chαngíng lícÑncÑ plαtÑ Ïr gÑttíng Ïff Ïpc ÑchÑmÑ? dun pl뱄 w ltα thÑ pÑnαltíÑÑ Î±rÑ hÑαvÑ...

Bro.. your font are painful to eyes.. I'm converting opc to normal plate

Edited by Funky05, 16 February 2018 - 09:11 PM.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:23 PM

Timbuktu
  • Timbuktu
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I have actually gone through the whole process, when I had to fully respray my car after an accident.

The workshop cannot suka suka break OPC seal to remove the licence plate.

The owner (I) had to go down to LTA personally, to apply for a permit first. Other than all my personal and the workshop’s particulars, I had needed to also provide photo proof that my current plates and seals are intact.

But accident car cannot drive there right?
So LL had to ask workshop to take photo and send it to me.
And then I had to forward that to LTA, via e-mail.
No photo proof, no permit issued.

With the LTA permit in hand, I had to sign a declaration to bring the repaired car (within x weeks) to either STA or Vicom, queue up, pay (can’t remember how much) ... cos only they can fix back new seal.

The workshop that breaks the seal (with permit issued) must also fill in its full particulars, description of work done, and company chop ... before STA or Vicom will affix the seals.

As is usual for all garmen procedures, you MUST fully follow all instructions and procedures ... else run the risk of getting stuck, or worse, get fined for doing it your own way!
aka Jolie888

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Chuan Heng workshop. Very near LTA.
About 60+.

Just follow what I say.

Pls bring Ur LTA approved letter
Blueray praised this

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Chuan Heng workshop. Very near LTA.
About 60+.

Just follow what I say.

Pls bring Ur LTA approved letter

Okay bro thanks !

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Have you already go down to LTA to convert and paid your remaining OPC rebate?

If you have then you can go to any outside workshop to remove the seal. Even the workshop that you do license plate will be able to remove. They will just use their powertool to saw off the seal. You can even keep the seal as a momento.

But make sure you got the payment slip from LTA that car is fully converted before you remove the seal.

No rush to convert to black plate as long as you got the slip from LTA. Your ui will detect as normal car. The LTA staff tild us to change plate within 2 weeks.

Speaking from a guy who converted his car from opc to normal plate....twice.

Edited by Pocus, 16 February 2018 - 10:25 PM.

Ash2017, Blueray and GravityBlue praised this

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Have you already go down to LTA to convert and paid your remaining OPC rebate?

If you have then you can go to any outside workshop to remove the seal. Even the workshop that you do license plate will be able to remove. They will just use their powertool to saw off the seal. You can even keep the seal as a momento.

But make sure you got the payment slip from LTA that car is fully converted before you remove the seal.

No rush to convert to black plate as long as you got the slip from LTA. Your ui will detect as normal car. The LTA staff tild us to change plate within 2 weeks.

Speaking from a guy who converted his car from opc to normal plate....twice.

Very insightful.. Thanks bro :)

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Haha, sorry, was trying an app.. oh, then u go back to lta n ask lo.. just asking, why u wanna chg from red to black?

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

car_Boy_75
  • car_Boy_75
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

actually what is the purpose/functionality of the seal ha? 

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

Xmen2
  • Premium member
    Xmen2
    Clutched
    Author Image

To prevent pple from tampering with the number plate, eg change from red plate to black plate, and change back to red plate when go for inspection.

There is a serial number on each seal, so if u break the seal and later use another seal, the inspection centre will know during the annual opc number plate inspection. So dont try anything funny on ur opc car number plate, ah gong will know.
BanCoe praised this

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In the olden days, there are no electronic detection for weekend cars. All is manual and rely on TP and LTA officers to spot you in the roads.

Then some smart Alec decide to chao keng and trick the system by changing their red plate to black so that officers will not be able to spot them and they can use the car machiam normal car.

Once LTA realise got such people spoil market, they introduce the seal so no one can tamper with them.

Now With electronic detection via IU, the officers are relief from the tedious OPC spotting as there are many electronic sensors installed all over SG.

It has since rendered the seal obsolete since changing plate will not work now. But LTA kept the process anyway.

All thanks to these stupid chao kengs, everytime if OPC car want to mod and take out bumper, must apply for removal from LTA and pay 100+ cos the seal is welded all the way into the classis of the car, cannot take out bumper without seal being removed.

Edited by Pocus, 17 February 2018 - 09:15 AM.

BanCoe praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think TS better go to LTA for advice.

Tampering with the OPC seal, intentionally or unintentionally, is not a joke.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I think TS better go to LTA for advice.
Tampering with the OPC seal, intentionally or unintentionally, is not a joke.

Bro.. I'm changing from red plate to black plate.. No tampering or whatsoever

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: opc seal removal plate, seal and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users