Mercedes C class 2018

therock

Hey bro mind sharing your deal? Thanks!

PM you liao bro. 

Would have loved the new 3 series but price significantly higher than C180.

Anyway currently driving BMW F10 so my family wants to try something different. Parents paying so they happy most important. I just pay for fuel and maintenance. 

Turbocharged

PM you liao bro. 

Anyway currently driving BMW F10 so my family wants to try something different. Parents paying so they happy most important. I just pay for fuel and maintenance. 

great life!

PM you liao bro.

Wow, you lucky guy.

I was considering between the 3 cars myself. Can understand it’s not that clear cut a choice.

3 series just got a new model revision, while the C class is only doing a mid-life facelift. Not sure what the cycle is currently for the A4

But since the 3 series is the newer of the lot, would assume that what they are bringing to the table will be more on par with the modern offerings. 

My only gripe with BMW is that they do not support android auto, and only apple carplay. That's almost enough for me to not want to buy a BMW till they do.

I was considering between the 3 cars myself. Can understand it’s not that clear cut a choice.

A4 and C just got facelifted. really depends on your preferences

Some say A4 is fwd, won't handle as well as the other 2

Some feel the merc logo is most atas

Some feel the virtual cockpit in A4 is the damn nice

Some feel C has the best interior

Some feel PML servce is like crap

that being said, A4 is the cheapest for the base model

some choose A4 because C give FAKE exhaust tailpipes ... [laugh]

A4 and C just got facelifted. really depends on your preferences

Some say A4 is fwd, won't handle as well as the other 2

Some feel the merc logo is most atas

Some feel the virtual cockpit in A4 is the damn nice

Some feel C has the best interior

Some feel PML servce is like crap

that being said, A4 is the cheapest for the base model

some choose A4 because C give FAKE exhaust tailpipes ... [laugh]

haha it does look a bit funny. Rectangular opening with a small exhaust inside

I do see some C class with fake exhaust, am i right?

A4, C class or BMW 3 Series will depends on one's needs in the end of the day.

I myself am currently driving the facelifted 2019 model A4. I am not saying that A4 is the best among the 3 brands since every brand has their strength.

In the past, i have driven BMW 3 series, 5 series, Mercedes C class, E Class. So what make me chosse A4 in the end coz it has what i want.

If you talks about asthetic, everyone have their own favourite. But when u think about it. Unless u are driving a BMW i8 or a Mercedes AMG GT, no one will spare a 2nd glance at your car on the road. There are simply too many C Class, 3 Series and A4 on the road for people to even spare a 2nd glance at them. So to me at least, asthetic is out of the window.

For engine performance without a doubt A4 wins handsdown, it is not just about travelling at high speed. It's the ability to overtake others on  the road when neccessary. Anyone who have driven the 2.0L A4 would feels the raw power in the engine. Mercs C class offer a 1.6L engine and BMW 3 series a 1.5L engine, so can't say much.

For FWD or RWD, frankly speaking i have driving RWD for most of my life. Is it a major difference from FWD. Is the handling so much better? Yes, except the difference is barely noticeable. The main upside for RWD is the turning radius which is tighter. But then again, unless u r racing every single day on the street. Not sure how handling will affect u if u r using it as a daily commute.

Servicing from the difference authorised dealers, can't say. I have good impresssion with PML and C&C in the past, aren't too sure about PA since haven brought the car in for servicing.

Reliability, BMW is definitely big NO NO for me. Just like its brand. It "Brings More Worries". My last 2 BMW got so much of problems that my tehnician told me never to buy BMW again. For Mercedes normal wear n tear, so can't really fault it. AUDI from my friends that have driven them in the past. No major problems so far, not sure about future though.

Interior and gadgets...etc. I have to give this to A4 for VC. One complaint on the Mercedes, nowadays they use a chopstick like thingy as their gear stick on the side of the steering wheel. Look downright cheapskate.

Lastly for the badge, everyone got their own preference. So can't say much.

To sum it up, the main reason at least for me why i got A4 is coz it is a 1.4 ton vehicle using a 2.0L engine. As for others that say KIA stinger..etc can offer better. Sorry to say i prefer conti car. 

Only complaint about the A4, stupid 16" rim. But won't bother to waste money to change. Like i say too much of such cars on the road that hardly anyone will point out whether u are using a 16" rim or 18" rim.

End of the day, buy the ride your heart calls out to.

Edited by maxsee333
  • Praise 7

3 series just got a new model revision, while the C class is only doing a mid-life facelift. Not sure what the cycle is currently for the A4

But since the 3 series is the newer of the lot, would assume that what they are bringing to the table will be more on par with the modern offerings. 

My only gripe with BMW is that they do not support android auto, and only apple carplay. That's almost enough for me to not want to buy a BMW till they do.

If I may add my 2 cents to this, my impression is that GPS navigation comes standard with the new BMWs. So the need for Andriod Auto is diminished. As other bros have pointed out, navigation is only an (expensive) option on the C class.  

One gripe is that the C class screen is not touch-enabled, which doesn't make much sense to me. 

A4, C class or BMW 3 Series will depends on one's needs in the end of the day.

I myself am currently driving the facelifted 2019 model A4. I am not saying that A4 is the best among the 3 brands since every brand has their strength.

In the past, i have driven BMW 3 series, 5 series, Mercedes C class, E Class. So what make me chosse A4 in the end coz it has what i want.

If you talks about asthetic, everyone have their own favourite. But when u think about it. Unless u are driving a BMW i8 or a Mercedes AMG GT, no one will spare a 2nd glance at your car on the road. There are simply too many C Class, 3 Series and A4 on the road for people to even spare a 2nd glance at them. So to me at least, asthetic is out of the window.

For engine performance without a doubt A4 wins handsdown, it is not just about travelling at high speed. It's the ability to overtake others on the road when neccessary. Anyone who have driven the 2.0L A4 would feels the raw power in the engine. Mercs C class offer a 1.6L engine and BMW 3 series a 1.5L engine, so can't say much.

For FWD or RWD, frankly speaking i have driving RWD for most of my life. Is it a major difference from FWD. Is the handling so much better? Yes, except the difference is barely noticeable. The main upside for RWD is the turning radius which is tighter. But then again, unless u r racing every single day on the street. Not sure how handling will affect u if u r using it as a daily commute.

Servicing from the difference authorised dealers, can't say. I have good impresssion with PML and C&C in the past, aren't too sure about PA since haven brought the car in for servicing.

Reliability, BMW is definitely big NO NO for me. Just like its brand. It "Brings More Worries". My last 2 BMW got so much of problems that my tehnician told me never to buy BMW again. For Mercedes normal wear n tear, so can't really fault it. AUDI from my friends that have driven them in the past. No major problems so far, not sure about future though.

Interior and gadgets...etc. I have to give this to A4 for VC. One complaint on the Mercedes, nowadays they use a chopstick like thingy as their gear stick on the side of the steering wheel. Look downright cheapskate.

Lastly for the badge, everyone got their own preference. So can't say much.

To sum it up, the main reason at least for me why i got A4 is coz it is a 1.4 ton vehicle using a 2.0L engine. As for others that say KIA stinger..etc can offer better. Sorry to say i prefer conti car.

Only complaint about the A4, stupid 16" rim. But won't bother to waste money to change. Like i say too much of such cars on the road that hardly anyone will point out whether u are using a 16" rim or 18" rim.

End of the day, buy the ride your heart calls out to.

Thanks for the review bro

How much did you pay?

Does it have the same active safety features for the price?

Thanks

If I may add my 2 cents to this, my impression is that GPS navigation comes standard with the new BMWs. So the need for Andriod Auto is diminished. As other bros have pointed out, navigation is only an (expensive) option on the C class.  

One gripe is that the C class screen is not touch-enabled, which doesn't make much sense to me. 

Android auto's function is beyond just Navigation though, so the added functionality would be appreciated.

Would rather opt for Android Auto over Navigation.

Yea, the lack of touchscreen on the c-class is a bit odd, seeing how they have every other type of input for their media interface, except touch screen. I expect that it'll be in the model refresh in a few years - but should have been addressed in their facelift

Thanks for the review bro

How much did you pay?

Does it have the same active safety features for the price?

Thanks

I paid $140K plus for it after discount.

Not sure which active safety features u referring to, but comes with standard safety features of a A4.

I do think i got a fairly resonable deal out of it. Coz aside from the standard 5 years warranty. I also got 5 years of free servicing after doing my best to squeeze PA.

Rather happy with what i got considering that Mercedes only give out free credit. Totally not worth it, they can always jack up cost when u send in ur car for servicing. Not sure about BMW though.

Active braking?

Blind spot?

Rear camera?

Assisted parking?

Active cruise control?

360 camera?

etc

↡ Advertisement