Mercedes C class 2018

therock

fogged windscreen?

Sure.. no big deal, just use the blower on high for a while..

↡ Advertisement

Actually I am more bothered by the C/GLC 's system clock perpetually getting slower. can be slower by 1-2 minutes per week.

So far no solution from C&C

Btw Bro, since you wanted the 9G and the latest, why not wait for the facelift? When you new car arriving? I'm pretty sure they will somehow mentioned about the facelift that is coming...

Sorry, been travelling! Actually, I am quite indifferent even between 7G and 9G which was why I was fine with getting my current 7G when I knew 9G was coming out. So the coming facelift is even less of an issue for me since the changes are quite minor. Key for me is if the price is right. I am only considering this 'upgrade' to 9G because there is almost no increase in my depreciation/running cost based on the trade-in offer and my car life extends for 17 more months. For me this is the deal on the table. That said, I think AD is not silly and they have taken the view that COE will come off in next 2-3 months when new VES kicks in hence their strategy is to lock in customers at current price.  I noticed they are offering high trade-ins for CLAs too in recent ad. The car will be due in Aug. 

• Praise 1

Does constant changing of gears have any deleterious effects ?

If it does, then the yield in fuel savings may not be worth it. Mind of like the auto start stop system ..

Hi, can anyone advise does Merc gives 5 years warranty or they are still at 3 years warranty? Comparing between different German makes before deciding. Lazy to go down to showroom as I have little ones on tow.

Supercharged

Hi, can anyone advise does Merc gives 5 years warranty or they are still at 3 years warranty? Comparing between different German makes before deciding. Lazy to go down to showroom as I have little ones on tow.

merc never give 5yrs warranty.. that is what i was told when my E reached 3yrs this year and i want to buy extended warranty.. they told merc never sell extended warranty or give 5yr warrant. nevertheless, the service credit they give you should last u 4yr based on avg user.. credit about 5-6k..service package A about 500SGD, service package B about 1.2k and service package C about 2.8k...assume u service once a yr..mine should last me close to 5yrs ...without having to pay any..

i would say merc is more reliable than other conti.. customer service not too bad. but try to buy those 2liter model one.. better drive feeling

Does constant changing of gears have any deleterious effects ?

If it does, then the yield in fuel savings may not be worth it. Mind of like the auto start stop system ..

the auto start stop is a pain in the ass.. i hate this feature. 

Sorry, been travelling! Actually, I am quite indifferent even between 7G and 9G which was why I was fine with getting my current 7G when I knew 9G was coming out. So the coming facelift is even less of an issue for me since the changes are quite minor. Key for me is if the price is right. I am only considering this 'upgrade' to 9G because there is almost no increase in my depreciation/running cost based on the trade-in offer and my car life extends for 17 more months. For me this is the deal on the table. That said, I think AD is not silly and they have taken the view that COE will come off in next 2-3 months when new VES kicks in hence their strategy is to lock in customers at current price.  I noticed they are offering high trade-ins for CLAs too in recent ad. The car will be due in Aug. 

if the merc model is neutral band and not increase even the july one then make more sense to wait as coe will slide ...only those who with C band to come in July then maybe make sense to change now

• Praise 1

merc never give 5yrs warranty.. that is what i was told when my E reached 3yrs this year and i want to buy extended warranty.. they told merc never sell extended warranty or give 5yr warrant. nevertheless, the service credit they give you should last u 4yr based on avg user.. credit about 5-6k..service package A about 500SGD, service package B about 1.2k and service package C about 2.8k...assume u service once a yr..mine should last me close to 5yrs ...without having to pay any..

i would say merc is more reliable than other conti.. customer service not too bad. but try to buy those 2liter model one.. better drive feeling

the auto start stop is a pain in the ass.. i hate this feature. 

if the merc model is neutral band and not increase even the july one then make more sense to wait as coe will slide ...only those who with C band to come in July then maybe make sense to change now

You're right. I wish I had the foresight to know that Uber will exit and dump their cars in the 2nd hand market!  But I am sure when COEs slide so will the trade-in offer for my current ride by then, so I will still take a hit anyway if I switch later. Someone else I know is looking at the C class and was told that current stock is all sold and have to wait for facelift model later this year. 

I recall you mentioned you spent some of your service credits on Merc retail merchandise. Why not use it all to cover your car servicing? Not that AD car service is not over-priced either!  But I guess you can use it for new tyres, etc?  

My mileage has hit 21k,  My auto stop start feature has activated <10 times during this entire period.  I thought Merc has extended the time before this feature kicks in? 

Supercharged

You're right. I wish I had the foresight to know that Uber will exit and dump their cars in the 2nd hand market!  But I am sure when COEs slide so will the trade-in offer for my current ride by then, so I will still take a hit anyway if I switch later. Someone else I know is looking at the C class and was told that current stock is all sold and have to wait for facelift model later this year. 

<well that is life.. all magic hands not within our control.. if bought already just enjoy.. my coe is the 75k ! 3yrs already>

I recall you mentioned you spent some of your service credits on Merc retail merchandise. Why not use it all to cover your car servicing? Not that AD car service is not over-priced either!  But I guess you can use it for new tyres, etc?  

<well that is my wife merc  that i sold.. they dont allow me to transfer my wife merc credit to my merc credit. else i would have done that>

My mileage has hit 21k,  My auto stop start feature has activated <10 times during this entire period.  I thought Merc has extended the time before this feature kicks in? 

<i tried this function occasionally throughout my 3yrs but never like it.. and i find it damn irritating. so i disable each time i start my ride...>

Supercharged

Think my car listed at 234k when COE in the seventies.

Now COE drop by 40k they list as 216k. A difference of about 18k.

At first thought I may be better off changing in view of the low COE but new car prices dun gel..... bearing in mind my ride remains neutral with VES.

Supercharged

Think my car listed at 234k when COE in the seventies.

Now COE drop by 40k they list as 216k. A difference of about 18k.

At first thought I may be better off changing in view of the low COE but new car prices dun gel..... bearing in mind my ride remains neutral with VES.

unless coe drop to almost zero else even if you deregister you still lose out about. assuming you car is around 3yrs old. if you sell now you probably fetch 110k and that is 124k for 3yrs. meaning 40k depre for each year compare to 20k if u drive full 10yr.  if u wait for coe to drop to like 20k end this year.. the equivalent level car maybe selling 190-200k and you trade in car would properly fetch paper value at 80+k.meaning for 4yr your depre is 154k at 38k/yr. unless the depre for equivalent new car is super low at 10k/yr else it will never make sense one...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

unless coe drop to almost zero else even if you deregister you still lose out about. assuming you car is around 3yrs old. if you sell now you probably fetch 110k and that is 124k for 3yrs. meaning 40k depre for each year compare to 20k if u drive full 10yr. if u wait for coe to drop to like 20k end this year.. the equivalent level car maybe selling 190-200k and you trade in car would properly fetch paper value at 80+k.meaning for 4yr your depre is 154k at 38k/yr. unless the depre for equivalent new car is super low at 10k/yr else it will never make sense one...

Well I guess people who bought at high COE change cos they can afford to take the hit and not because it makes sense to change when COE hits rock bottom.

Am amazed C&C offered 150K for Halo’s 17 months old ride though.......

Supercharged

Well I guess people who bought at high COE change cos they can afford to take the hit and not because it makes sense to change when COE hits rock bottom.

i didnt read past post.. is it because inclusive of overtrade.

With 20/20 hindsight now, AD probably knew that exit of Uber and impact of VES on 1 July will weaken COE price. They took a view and offered me an attractive trade-in price when COE was around 37-38k but I am sure when I get my car in Aug they will lock in a lower COE at low 30k at least and that will boost their margin.  Smart guys! 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

With 20/20 hindsight now, AD probably knew that exit of Uber and impact of VES on 1 July will weaken COE price. They took a view and offered me an attractive trade-in price when COE was around 37-38k but I am sure when I get my car in Aug they will lock in a lower COE at low 30k at least and that will boost their margin.  Smart guys! 

So you signed the dotted line?  [laugh]

i didnt read past post.. is it because inclusive of overtrade.

Yes, inclusive of overtrade and 6k new car service credit.  I get to carry over my old service credit. 

• Praise 1

So you signed the dotted line?  [laugh]

Yes.  I don't know what the deal will be like when the facelift model comes and I don't know if they will offer me such a high trade-in by then.  Frankly, I would not have gone for this deal if not for the high trade-in as I am happy with my current ride.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2