• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
151 replies to this topic | 450 praises

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was quite surprise to chance upon this ride when reading on some car news last night. Did not notice its availability over here before that at all. Really low key as it was never publicized in any way at all, as should have.

http://www.sgcarmart...p?CarCode=12237

http://i.i-sgcm.com/...80124082626.pdf

http://www.carbuyer....inese-mpv-costs

All along I had noticed that Maxus in Malaysia has a MPV line under G10 which was not brought over here when C&C clinched the dealership. I had always thought the ride looks good as it has similar shape and finishing as Starex which is also not really available here as quite ex at S$170k. Anyway, people up north are quite fortunate as they have options that are equivalent to Alphard/Vellfire at substantially lower costs. 

So I am quite happy to read that since Jan/2018, the Maxus G10 SE is available over here under 2 trims at $140k and $150k. I do not know the exact difference between the 2 trims except for the electric tailgate (with leg motion) and the 18" wheels and sun roofs, but standard features such as TPMS, 360 camera, and adaptive cruise control are quite useful. And the ride comes with 6-speed gear mated to a 2L turbocharged engine that provides a respectable century sprint of 10.2 seconds which I read somewhere. The ride is long at 5.1m but not very tall at 1.928m, and very wide at close to 2m.

Finishing wise, I would think better not to expect too much as it is definitely in Starex category. It should be more of a workhorse, like Biante, with plastic parts all over. Of course reliability is not proven at this moment as it is very new. But I do not foresee any issues as it is carried by C&C.

Anyway it is not really possible to get a full-size MPV under AD right now other than Alphard/Vellfire/Elgrand, except for Saangyong Stavic which seems no longer available in sgcarmart now. If willing to go PI, the triplets and Stpwagon are potential candidates, but then again they are really a size smaller. Biante also seems to be obsoleted for good now.

But I do not foresee this ride to sell well, as not many families would need such a big ride to begin with. But definitely happy to more options in this climate especially with the new VES resulted in a lot of models being pulled from the market. Really good luck to the C&C people.

Attached Thumbnails

• 12237_g2_b.jpg
  • 12237_g3_b.jpg
  • 12237_g5_b.jpg
  • 12237_g6_b.jpg
  • 12237_g7_b.jpg
  • 12237_g12_b.jpg

Tianmo and Atrecord praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This is a british designed van now built in china. Whatever for.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Its a van converted mpv.

That for me is a stumbling choice.
Pocy and Carbon82 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This is a british designed van now built in china. Whatever for.

Made in China? I think better there are better options out there

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Made in China? I think better there are better options out there

When pi Alphard is priced at lesser than 175k...it is unlikely that one will save 25k to buy an unproven Chinese car
flashbang and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

When pi Alphard is priced at lesser than 175k...it is unlikely that one will save 25k to buy an unproven Chinese car

Wonder why cnc bring in this brand when customers here generally avoid China cars?
flashbang praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Wonder why cnc bring in this brand when customers here generally avoid China cars?

Because they think they can flog a dead horse to revive it.

As shown with Mitsubishi.
But failed with proton

Edited by Brass, 18 February 2018 - 11:48 AM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This is just another option that is available in our market. 

True that it is made-in-china, but the quality is not that bad based on reviews read. With many here accepting made-in-Thailand and made-in -indon cars, I would think why not if the price is right with acceptable quality.

As a van-based product, similar to Starex, it would definitely not be targeting the high end market. Go read some reviews from Malaysia as it has been available there since mid of 2017.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hear say is always differ when you touch and see.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If you are to add in all the comparable features, it would not be 175k for PI Alphard.Vellfire. 

You know how people consider until brain damage just over a few Ks when deciding on different rides, this 35k is definitely not that small lah.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This is just another option that is available in our market.

True that it is made-in-china, but the quality is not that bad based on reviews read. With many here accepting made-in-Thailand and made-in -indon cars, I would think why not if the price is right with acceptable quality.

As a van-based product, similar to Starex, it would definitely not be targeting the high end market. Go read some reviews from Malaysia as it has been available there since mid of 2017.

For me it’s back to the same adage. Khiang can already.... mai kay khiang. Selecting such a “unique” brand is setting oneself up for financial and metal torture. Like lala81 said. A car is to serve us and not we serve it. A MPV is a people carrier and 7-8 lives depend on it for safety and reliability. Opportunity cost is great. So why risk it.

I know you meant well to present another choice. But sorry to say that this is a shitty choice. An ancient design which dates back to the early 2000s. It never succeeded as a van and no doubt will only bring more worries
Brass and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hear say is always differ when you touch and see.

When customers know it's made in China, they may not want to touch

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Feel free to add your comments, except for those very generic ones like it is a china van, which is so very obvious. Good to create some awareness for this ride. I hope all will not just kill it without giving it a chance. It definitely is a lot of buck for the money, especially with the 10.2s century sprint for such a big ride yet only incur a 2L road tax.

I for one would definitely be willing to go showroom for a look before condemning it if I am still looking for a full-size MPV. 

When customers know it's made in China, they may not want to touch

Same as some people when they know a ride is a made-in-korea car. No offence but definitely true even now.

Brass and Stratovarius praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

For me it’s back to the same adage. Khiang can already.... mai kay khiang. Selecting such a “unique” brand is setting oneself up for financial and metal torture. Like lala81 said. A car is to serve us and not we serve it. A MPV is a people carrier and 7-8 lives depend on it for safety and reliability. Opportunity cost is great. So why risk it.

I know you meant well to present another choice. But sorry to say that this is a shitty choice. An ancient design which dates back to the early 2000s. It never succeeded as a van and no doubt will only bring more worries

Thanks for acknowledging that my intention was good. I have nothing to gain if people are STUPID enough to buy this ride, and they really have no one to blame but themselves when facing with many safety and reliability issues later on.

But if people at 70s also have this mindset, then would MIJ cars got chance to be where they are now?

And if people at 90s also have this mindset, then would MIK cars got chance to be where they are now?

Khiang can already.... mai kay khiang.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

There are those who have been haunted by images of MIC cars being squashed into sardine cans during crash tests, and could never get out of them like the scary RING movies.

It is true that this G10 van is only 3-star as I have just googled out. But at least it is not as bad as in the past. I do not bother to find more, but in Australia in the year 2017, there are more than five percent of STUPID people living there as they bought this ride. Not surprising.

http://www.caradvice...ting-confirmed/

And you will be STUPID to think that MIC cars are not able to achieve 5-stars rating in crash tests. D90 is from Maxus too.

https://www.ancap.co.../ldv/d90/015f74

So you see, people will progress. You can choose to be a mountain sage and come out of your cave only when the world is perfect. Your choice.

I think I have posted enough on this.  Never imagine just creating awareness also need to put in so much effort dealing with the fake/bad press! No wonder the folks at C&C are silent when and after launching this ride, hoping that nobody would take notice and that they not have to deal with the ensuing stupid questions tactfully. Good strategy.  [thumbsup]

Added: 

Read this article to know more about this car maker and the car. You will become wiser instantly:

https://www.carsifu....or-in-maxus-g10

Edited by Heartlander, 18 February 2018 - 12:52 PM.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone remembers that the British commercial vehicles brand, LDV, that was trying to penetrate the local market in the 1990s?

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

For those who keep thinking MIC car is sure a safety disaster and you are putting the precious family at stake if you go out to buy one and use it every time, please grow up abit. I am not saying every MIC cars are good, but please keep your eyes open to prevent the joke from being turned on you.

Just look at the LDV cars from tested in Aussie land:

http://www.ancap.com...ety-ratings/ldv

Can you spot any trend? Let me help you just in case - those LDV cars made from 2017 were all awarded 5-stars! So does it give you any confidence? Or you continue to live in your cave and think like a wise gut that all MIC cars are safety hazards? Ok, your choice really. Just please do not continue to spew the nonsense that all MIC cars are nonsense when it comes to safety.

Remember how the generation before us and even our generation used to mock at the MIJ cars and MIK cars? Now do you still think they are not good enough for you? For MIC cars, no need to wait for so long, they have already managed to improve and progress so quickly that they can attain 5-stars standard NOW. I am not pro China, but just giving respect where it is due and deserve. 

Beregond and Luckcent praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Stigma and perceptions need time to change... The problem comes when people want to force their point of view upon others..
1 Anonymous member praised this
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Stigma and perceptions need time to change... The problem comes when people want to force their point of view upon others..

Precisely!!! It is time for the cave dwellers to come out and smell the perfect world! I hate to be the messenger as denials would I encounter aplenty. Thankless too.

Remember that the Chinese are a resourceful lot. You do not need to wait for another 10 or 30 years like before.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have had the chance to sit in a Maxus van before and it is quite good. Interior feels better than the jap commercial vans and lorrys. But dunno about this MPV. Never had a chance to sit in it.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Precisely!!! It is time for the cave dwellers to come out and smell the perfect world! I hate to be the messenger as denials would I encounter aplenty. Thankless too.

Remember that the Chinese are a resourceful lot. You do not need to wait for another 10 or 30 years like before.

Here we go again....

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

Wildfaye29
  • Wildfaye29
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I am using xiaomi. My whole family uses xiaomi. I have many xiaomi products from phones to USB chargers to vacuum cleaners. Xiaomi is good.
Beregond praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Here we go again....

Don't worry, I am not a die hard china fan. I am not really defending MIC cars per se as they are still lacking in most sectors, just voicing my frustration on the sweeping attitude of some people. 

After taking some high blood pressure medicine will be ok.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lol i only vaguely remember posting that. haha

But i dunno how well this van sells in malaysia, so maybe there's support just across the causeway.

Edited by Lala81, 18 February 2018 - 05:22 PM.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

But i dunno how well this van sells in malaysia, so maybe there's support just across the causeway.

Maybe Malaysians are more supportive of China cars.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe Malaysians are more supportive of China cars.

but for them, why not just buy a hiace haha

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

but for them, why not just buy a hiace haha

That's why I use the word maybe. A Toyota is always a better choice. In Singapore, I doubt anyone want to spend 138888 on a china mpv. Will you spend?

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

Invigorated
  • Invigorated
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That's why I use the word maybe. A Toyota is always a better choice. In Singapore, I doubt anyone want to spend 138888 on a china mpv. Will you spend?

I won't and many other won't either.

Some will for sure but it's not just because of the lack of trust in MIC products.. but the lack of general interest and this results in poor resale if one plans to either upgrade or sell off for any reason.

I wouldn't mind getting a Xiaomi, which one can get a base model for 140, not $140,000.. for that price, I'll close my eyes and choose a Honda Odyssey.
Othello praised this

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Are the mainlanders intelligent people? Yes.
Are they resourceful? Yes.
But what happened?
They use their brains in the wrong way.
In the consumer world, either they copy others, they cut corners to make profit or they conduct themselves unethically .

Proven many many times. All the tainted milk powder.
Asbestos in Chery qq
Melted chopsticks made as noodles etc.
The world gave them many chances...

Made in china? Still ok. A lot of our electronics are made in china. What's the worst that can happen? Spoil?

An expensive motor vehicle that is from a Chinese company? 7-8 lives at stake? No way!!!!

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:39 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I won't and many other won't either.

Some will for sure but it's not just because of the lack of trust in MIC products.. but the lack of general interest and this results in poor resale if one plans to either upgrade or sell off for any reason.

I wouldn't mind getting a Xiaomi, which one can get a base model for 140, not $140,000.. for that price, I'll close my eyes and choose a Honda Odyssey.

Yep. The resale value really a big???

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Fungyee77
  • Fungyee77
    5th Gear
    Author Image

LDV is owned by SAIC, which is the largest car producer in China. Was reading an analysis article in WSJ about the fast improving quality of Chinese car makers, and one of the analyst specifically mentioned SAIC as a name to watch, having pretty close to world class levels of quality control.

SAIC is the long time partner for GM in China, and manufactures high end GM vehicles such as Cadillac, Buick etc.

They also recently reached an agreement with VW group to manufacture and distribute Audis in China.

So quality / safety should be pretty decent, but name recognition and perception of quality (which affects resale values) will probably be an issue for years.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Are the mainlanders intelligent people? Yes.
Are they resourceful? Yes.
But what happened?
They use their brains in the wrong way.
In the consumer world, either they copy others, they cut corners to make profit or they conduct themselves unethically .

Proven many many times. All the tainted milk powder.
Asbestos in Chery qq
Melted chopsticks made as noodles etc.
The world gave them many chances...

Made in china? Still ok. A lot of our electronics are made in china. What's the worst that can happen? Spoil?

An expensive motor vehicle that is from a Chinese company? 7-8 lives at stake? No way!!!!

Just gentle reminder... takata airbags anyone?

BMW issued recalls over over heating issue..

Gm issued recalls over wiring issue..

Becoz those countries where the recall is issued.. the maker is scared of action suits.. I always wonder why they r not scared of it here? Don’t we have the most expensive cars in the world? Where did the money go to? Why r our rights not protected?

Wanna try Mic cars? Yea...whatever
Jamesc praised this
Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Fungyee77
  • Fungyee77
    5th Gear
    Author Image

LDV is owned by SAIC, which is the largest car producer in China. Was reading an analysis article in WSJ about the fast improving quality of Chinese car makers, and one of the analyst specifically mentioned SAIC as a name to watch, having pretty close to world class levels of quality control.

SAIC is the long time partner for GM in China, and manufactures high end GM vehicles such as Cadillac, Buick etc.

They also recently reached an agreement with VW group to manufacture and distribute Audis in China.

So quality / safety should be pretty decent, but name recognition and perception of quality (which affects resale values) will probably be an issue for years.

JD power press release quantifies improvements in Chinese vehicles.

"The new-vehicle quality gap between Chinese domestic brands and international brands is 13 PP100 (problems per 100 vehicles) in 2017, which marks the seventh consecutive year of a narrowing gap, according to the J.D. Power 2017 China Initial Quality StudySM (IQS). The gap between the two segments has narrowed dramatically since J.D. Power first launched its Initial Quality Study in China in 2000, when the gap was 396 PP100."

Note that SAIC is one of the best in quality amongst the Chinese players.

http://www.jdpower.c...l-quality-study

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Very rare across the causeway

Rarer than Chery eastar or V5 or sth(2.4L. MPV)

Edited by Brass, 18 February 2018 - 10:10 PM.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Because they think they can flog a dead horse to revive it.

As shown with Mitsubishi.
But failed with proton

It's a gamble. However they do have the financial resources to do it. Who knows this brand may be the next cash cow for cnc

Edited by RogerNg_185295, 18 February 2018 - 11:03 PM.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I remembered seeing this car at last year's motorshow. I did went and seat inside. It was spacious and higher driving position. Interior finish was ok. Sound insulation was poor. Close door, still hear noises from ppl just outside the door. Cant imagine the road noise.

But for the price, it was good. And when i say spacious, it is really spacious for ppl up to 1.92m. I could seat comfortably in the third row.
AltisOwner, Hosaybo, Heartlander, Fungyee77, Silver_blade, Tianmo, SuPerBoRed, 1 other member and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

looks interesting, but its not an 8-seater, so i wont be considering it. 

looking at the relative popularity of Starex in MY and lack thereof in SG, i dont think this MPV will sell here... 

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I remembered seeing this car at last year's motorshow. I did went and seat inside. It was spacious and higher driving position. Interior finish was ok. Sound insulation was poor. Close door, still hear noises from ppl just outside the door. Cant imagine the road noise.

But for the price, it was good. And when i say spacious, it is really spacious for ppl up to 1.92m. I could seat comfortably in the third row.

It is always easy to make a call based on perception and historical reputation. This is the reason why Toyota is as today, still selling well (despite a few big issues of recall). It will prob take a decade or 2, as well as getting things right before the MIC prove others wrong. Right now, there are just too many unethical things done by the Chinese (though not automotive related) that gives the Chinese cars a bad name. You can hear people making comments even if they have not sat in one or driven one.

Kudos to you for sharing your actual honest experience.

Edited by Hosaybo, 19 February 2018 - 09:50 AM.

Mkl22, Heartlander, Fungyee77, Silver_blade, Tianmo, Beregond and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Dunno what talking you. Very good choice of cars like VW also give lots of problems and worries but people still buy leh. Though myself don't go for China cars or even Korean ones. Give others a chance lah. Some people may buy such cars coz they have faith in them or a budget to contend with. Not many can afford an Alphard. This might serve them well too and nobody knows unless you bought one and tried it. Leave bias out.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Perhaps you will buy one?

Dunno what talking you. Very good choice of cars like VW also give lots of problems and worries but people still buy leh. Though myself don't go for China cars or even Korean ones. Give others a chance lah. Some people may buy such cars coz they have faith in them or a budget to contend with. Not many can afford an Alphard. This might serve them well too and nobody knows unless you bought one and tried it. Leave bias out.

Edited by RogerNg_185295, 19 February 2018 - 12:43 PM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: maxus, g10, full-size mpv and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users