Maxus G10 SE - The full-size MPV that goes under the radar

Heartlander

looks interesting, but its not an 8-seater, so i wont be considering it. 

looking at the relative popularity of Starex in MY and lack thereof in SG, i dont think this MPV will sell here... 

↡ Advertisement

I remembered seeing this car at last year's motorshow. I did went and seat inside. It was spacious and higher driving position. Interior finish was ok. Sound insulation was poor. Close door, still hear noises from ppl just outside the door. Cant imagine the road noise.

But for the price, it was good. And when i say spacious, it is really spacious for ppl up to 1.92m. I could seat comfortably in the third row.

It is always easy to make a call based on perception and historical reputation. This is the reason why Toyota is as today, still selling well (despite a few big issues of recall). It will prob take a decade or 2, as well as getting things right before the MIC prove others wrong. Right now, there are just too many unethical things done by the Chinese (though not automotive related) that gives the Chinese cars a bad name. You can hear people making comments even if they have not sat in one or driven one.

Kudos to you for sharing your actual honest experience.

Edited by Hosaybo
  • Praise 7

For me it’s back to the same adage. Khiang can already.... mai kay khiang. Selecting such a “unique” brand is setting oneself up for financial and metal torture. Like lala81 said. A car is to serve us and not we serve it. A MPV is a people carrier and 7-8 lives depend on it for safety and reliability. Opportunity cost is great. So why risk it.

I know you meant well to present another choice. But sorry to say that this is a shitty choice. An ancient design which dates back to the early 2000s. It never succeeded as a van and no doubt will only bring more worries

Dunno what talking you. Very good choice of cars like VW also give lots of problems and worries but people still buy leh. Though myself don't go for China cars or even Korean ones. Give others a chance lah. Some people may buy such cars coz they have faith in them or a budget to contend with. Not many can afford an Alphard. This might serve them well too and nobody knows unless you bought one and tried it. Leave bias out.

Perhaps you will buy one?

Dunno what talking you. Very good choice of cars like VW also give lots of problems and worries but people still buy leh. Though myself don't go for China cars or even Korean ones. Give others a chance lah. Some people may buy such cars coz they have faith in them or a budget to contend with. Not many can afford an Alphard. This might serve them well too and nobody knows unless you bought one and tried it. Leave bias out.

Edited by RogerNg_185295

talk is free. why not you lead the way and prove that the bias is not true?

Being unique and special and not following the herd, sometimes end up with a much higher opportunity cost. of course there are exceptions. But the probability of such cars failing or  the lack of parts is much higher than a toyota for example.

A MPV is utility vehicle you need it to be up and running most of the time. cause if its down for repairs, up to 8 people end up being inconvenienced. Compare with a lotus elise which likely a 2nd/Spare car with a much more limited use and can afford to be down for repairs.

140/150K isnt that cheap. you can get a toyota Noah 8 seater for 130k. i dare say parts are easier to come by.

Of course the money is yours and everyone is free to choose whatever they want. but the objective of such a forum is to highlight and warn if necessary. i have had a French van before. never again will i ever buy anything French.

• Praise 2

I agree with you that talk is cheap. Talk also very easy. How many who sing praises of this MPV are actual owners themselves? 

That's the main issue here

Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Praise 1

Just gentle reminder... takata airbags anyone?

BMW issued recalls over over heating issue..

Gm issued recalls over wiring issue..

Becoz those countries where the recall is issued.. the maker is scared of action suits.. I always wonder why they r not scared of it here? Don’t we have the most expensive cars in the world? Where did the money go to? Why r our rights not protected?

Wanna try Mic cars? Yea...whatever

Are the people in big companies intelligent people? Yes. 

Are they resourceful? Yes.

But what happened?

They use their brains in the wrong way. 

In the consumer world, they cut corners to make profit or they conduct themselves unethically .

Proven many many times. All the takata airbags

VW also give lots of problems

The world gave them many chances...  [thumbsup] 

:D 

Edited by Jamesc

Are the people in big companies intelligent people? Yes.

Are they resourceful? Yes.

But what happened?

They use their brains in the wrong way.

In the consumer world, they cut corners to make profit or they conduct themselves unethically .

Proven many many times. All the takata airbags.

VW also give lots of problems

The world gave them many chances... [thumbsup]

:D

But these companies are still surviving

I won't and many other won't either.

Some will for sure but it's not just because of the lack of trust in MIC products.. but the lack of general interest and this results in poor resale if one plans to either upgrade or sell off for any reason.

I wouldn't mind getting a Xiaomi, which one can get a base model for 140, not $140,000.. for that price, I'll close my eyes and choose a Honda Odyssey.

Too bad $140k cannot get you a Odyssey nowadays. Easily close to $160k for the cheaper variant.

Even for now there are some among us who still think china phones are.trash. But if you have own one recently, you will know it is definitely comparable to the likes of LG and Samsung phones, and much cheaper. I have owned Mi Max, and got 2 sets of Mi A1 for my kids, definitely quite satisfied with the user experience..Beside camera not so good, nothing to feel lacking compare to the S8+ that my wife has.

I would think likewise in the car sector. Right now they are producing cars for VW, GM, and the like, and picking up experience in making their own cars. If the MIC cars are so bad, you think they will sell in such numbers in China like now? You think the mainlander buy all the MIC cars to suffer breakdown and inconveniences on top of safety hazards when they can get other locally assembled foreign brands for a little more? Or you think there are many foolish people over there who has no regards for the safety of their dear ones haha?

I agree with you that talk is cheap. Talk also very easy. How many who sing praises of this MPV are actual owners themselves? 

That's the main issue here

Actually my intention is only to highlight this option for those who might find it helpful. Not asking everyone to go out and buy one now. It is definitely not for everyone.

But there are always those smart alecs who think they are the wisest people who must say something that is so obvious without even personally going showroomto have a look. They still think MIC cars are still like Hafei of few years ago. No doubt resale values would definitely be no good but even main stream cars are not that good either. I sold my Biante at almost 50% off after just 3 years, just an example.

Too bad i got my Vellfire just 6 months ago, else definitely would go showroom to have a closer look. My point is that we should respect fellow forummers that they have different needs and thinking as you,  and not think you are the wisest people around. They are sure not damsel in distress if they can afford to pay $150k for a car. They are not that stupid, maybe more clever than you. Just maybe.

• Praise 4

Actually my intention is only to highlight this option for those who might find it helpful. Not asking everyone to go out and buy one now. It is definitely not for everyone.

But there are always those smart alecs who think they are the wisest people who must say something that is so obvious without even personally going showroomto have a look. They still think MIC cars are still like Hafei of few years ago. No doubt resale values would definitely be no good but even main stream cars are not that good either. I sold my Biante at almost 50% off after just 3 years, just an example.

Too bad i got my Vellfire just 6 months ago, else definitely would go showroom to have a closer look. My point is that we should respect fellow forummers that they have different needs and thinking as you,  and not think you are the wisest people around. They are sure not damsel in distress if they can afford to pay $150k for a car. They are not that stupid, maybe more clever than you. Just maybe.

i think most here understand your intentions la  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

End of the day, mutual respect of opinions will make MCF a better place.

End of the day, mutual respect of opinions will make MCF a better place.

Mutual respect does not mean trash talking of other brands and expecting others to accept them. If you have some recent experiences to share on the subject, that would be most welcome, instead of condemning straight away when talking about MIC cars or MIK cars, for example.

Everyone has the right as to how to spend their money. To me unless element of fraud is involve, we should not spew our opinions forcefully. After so many years, not tired meh?

• Praise 1

Too bad $140k cannot get you a Odyssey nowadays. Easily close to $160k for the cheaper variant.

Even for now there are some among us who still think china phones are.trash. But if you have own one recently, you will know it is definitely comparable to the likes of LG and Samsung phones, and much cheaper. I have owned Mi Max, and got 2 sets of Mi A1 for my kids, definitely quite satisfied with the user experience..Beside camera not so good, nothing to feel lacking compare to the S8+ that my wife has.

I would think likewise in the car sector. Right now they are producing cars for VW, GM, and the like, and picking up experience in making their own cars. If the MIC cars are so bad, you think they will sell in such numbers in China like now? You think the mainlander buy all the MIC cars to suffer breakdown and inconveniences on top of safety hazards when they can get other locally assembled foreign brands for a little more? Or you think there are many foolish people over there who has no regards for the safety of their dear ones haha?

I am using Huawei Mate 9. Very happy with the phone especially the Leica lens and battery life. Was previously using Mate 7

I am using Huawei Mate 9. Very happy with the phone especially the Leica lens and battery life. Was previously using Mate 7

Cannot compare leh.

I'm not saying MIC is trash. They make so many of the private transport buses cos they are cheaper.

But a car or a van is an amalgamation of like thousands of mechanical parts. Betting on mechanical reliability of a model that is a tiny volume seller here in a tiny market...

Sure it maybe doable if you are well versed in getting online Chinese stockists to ship parts over and u can afford downtime. Meanwhile there are many other relatively affordable B&B 7 seaters.

U want to be the leader of the pack then realize the headwinds are strongest at the front lor. And most consumers are naturally risk adverse unless the value proposition is so great just like the tin can cherry qq.

• Praise 5

Cannot compare leh.

I'm not saying MIC is trash. They make so many of the private transport buses cos they are cheaper.

Come to think of it, should we not be boycotting them since we value the safety of our family and love ones so much? MIC cars = safety hazards, remember? So are you an hypocrite for preaching one thing and doing another thing? 

And why are these buses being chosen to haul people up North? Should not reliability be a bigger consideration for the big bosses of the coach companies? Imagine if the buses breakdown half way from Singapore to KL, which they should since they are not reliable and there will not be enough spare parts to repair them, then we will be dealing with many lifes being disrupted by the breakdown and the coach companies losing face! Oh the coach companies are really in deep shit now! 

But a car or a van is an amalgamation of like thousands of mechanical parts. Betting on mechanical reliability of a model that is a tiny volume seller here in a tiny market...

So the MIC cars are being stranded everywhere in China now due to reliability issues? How sad?! This is  really generalisation and fear mongering at its best.  [thumbsup]  

Sure it maybe doable if you are well versed in getting online Chinese stockists to ship parts over and u can afford downtime. Meanwhile there are many other relatively affordable B&B 7 seaters.

U so sure C&C is not stocking up the necessary spare parts with their experience in the automotive industry and financial power? Or you think they are hiding at one corner hoping nobody will realise the launch of this model? This is a local company with proven record managing premium car brand like Mercedes leh, not some unknown setup.

U want to be the leader of the pack then realize the headwinds are strongest at the front lor. And most consumers are naturally risk adverse unless the value proposition is so great just like the tin can cherry qq.

Definitely. C&C is taking some gamble in brining in this model, and I am sure it must have done extra hard to make it work. To me it would be good if it has a  fleet management arm that uses this ride extensively to demonstrate the reliability and rid people of this fear on spare parts availability. That would be the best way to convince all the doomsayers that the latest MIC cars have nothing to be afraid of.

To be frank I also never like MIC cars like Chery whatever and Hafei. But I find this G10 quite acceptable in design, as similar to Starex, which had been echoed many times in reviews. I am sure if you remove the G10 badge and put a MIK brand there it will not look out of place. But of course there will be some who say Starex is hideous. Then I have nothing to say.

​I can't wait for a MIC car with 5-star crash test result to be launched here, and see what people here have to say about the safety of the cars. 

• Praise 1

I think we know your stance already, There is really no point being a "detective" in such a way that it will bring unhappiness about this topic.

Cannot compare leh.

Come to think of it, should we not be boycotting them since we value the safety of our family and love ones so much? MIC cars = safety hazards, remember? So are you an hypocrite for preaching one thing and doing another thing? 

And why are these buses being chosen to haul people up North? Should not reliability be a bigger consideration for the big bosses of the coach companies? Imagine if the buses breakdown half way from Singapore to KL, which they should since they are not reliable and there will not be enough spare parts to repair them, then we will be dealing with many lifes being disrupted by the breakdown and the coach companies losing face! Oh the coach companies are really in deep shit now! 

So the MIC cars are being stranded everywhere in China now due to reliability issues? How sad?! This is  really generalisation and fear mongering at its best.  [thumbsup]  

U so sure C&C is not stocking up the necessary spare parts with their experience in the automotive industry and financial power? Or you think they are hiding at one corner hoping nobody will realise the launch of this model? This is a local company with proven record managing premium car brand like Mercedes leh, not some unknown setup.

Definitely. C&C is taking some gamble in brining in this model, and I am sure it must have done extra hard to make it work. To me it would be good if it has a  fleet management arm that uses this ride extensively to demonstrate the reliability and rid people of this fear on spare parts availability. That would be the best way to convince all the doomsayers that the latest MIC cars have nothing to be afraid of.

To be frank I also never like MIC cars like Chery whatever and Hafei. But I find this G10 quite acceptable in design, as similar to Starex, which had been echoed many times in reviews. I am sure if you remove the G10 badge and put a MIK brand there it will not look out of place. But of course there will be some who say Starex is hideous. Then I have nothing to say.

​I can't wait for a MIC car with 5-star crash test result to be launched here, and see what people here have to say about the safety of the cars. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1