Maxus G10 SE - The full-size MPV that goes under the radar

Heartlander

Some people still think Korean cars are crap.

Too bad more of these people are changing their minds

and buying Korean cars. And the price of Korean cars keep

going up. I hope people don't change their minds and keep

buying more Korean cars so the price can remain low. [thumbsup]

:D

Korean cars are not crap. It's just the badge and status thing. I can say a k3 will be more reliable than an entry level conti car

Supersonic

The basic version going for 135 888. It was 138 888 previously

But still didn't see many on the roads, even as corporate fleets.

Their own people in the tier 1 and 2 cities also donât want to buy china made cars. Very very unlike Korea and Japan. You know something that we donât, to know that the Chinese domestic brands can take off, given their own rich countrymen donât even give 2 hoots?

You need your local domestic market to be successful before you can move worldwide. This is proven with every major car maker.

I'm with you on this.

Let's do this rhetorical question

Will any of the supporters buy a china car in the next, say 20 years?

Heck! They don't even buy Korean cars.

It's not convincing to say that china cars will improve with time. Which big car manufacturer doesn't improve with time?

Meanwhile, china brands are still blatantly copying the design, logo of the established marques like mercedes.

What does it say about them?

China has the technology. The money. The people. The brain. To make a fantastic car. No doubt about that.

But their business mindset and ethics are wrong. And with these attributes being wrong, I don't see how they can compete with the Toyotas and mercedes.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I'm with you on this.

Let's do this rhetorical question

Will any of the supporters buy a china car in the next, say 20 years?

Heck! They don't even buy Korean cars.

It's not convincing to say that china cars will improve with time. Which big car manufacturer doesn't improve with time?

Meanwhile, china brands are still blatantly copying the design, logo of the established marques like mercedes.

What does it say about them?

China has the technology. The money. The people. The brain. To make a fantastic car. No doubt about that.

But their business mindset and ethics are wrong. And with these attributes being wrong, I don't see how they can compete with the Toyotas and mercedes.

Totally right. The Chinese factory’s and r&d can design a good product and make it with quality but this will be at the expense of cost. And to get the general public to buy they need to be cheaper. But then most china business owners will not sacrifice profits and want to make a quick buck. If corners can be cut for $$, they will do it. I work with engineers in the whole of Asia for design and manufacturing. I see the differences in Asia.

Supersonic

Is cycle carriage making a loss by brringing in this brand?

C&C can still recoup these losses from other brands.

C&C sells Mercedes Benz you know, do not think they are so goondoos lah.

Anyway a ride of this size appeal only to a very selected group of consumers. Think it does not make sense of spend big bucks to promote as not expected to sell in volumes. Quietly waiting to see what they going to do.

I have seen a few Maxus panel vans on the road, but not this MPVan.

I don't think it will have much impact (if any) on the market dominated by Alphards and Vellfires.