Million dollar cash in bank now and zero debt...Anyone?

LPPL

My uncle 1985 bought condo 450 k now easily 3.5m .

3000 feet . En-bloc potential.

1m. Invested 6% return . Let say $5000 passive income per month . Can retire correct?

How come its your uncle and not you?

Muayhahahahahahahaahah

1985, one bottled soft drink at coffee shop was 35cts

My uncle, my aunty, my friend, my brother, my this my that.

All no count lah.

Only mySELF counts

$5000 per month, if you are 75 yrs old , i think can survive lah.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

How come its your uncle and not you?

Muayhahahahahahahaahah

1985, one bottled soft drink at coffee shop was 35cts

My uncle, my aunty, my friend, my brother, my this my that.

All no count lah.

Only mySELF counts

$5000 per month, if you are 75 yrs old , i think can survive lah.

Paisay lah , it’s mine I also dare not say out , so Malu mah.

So sad I only calculate life expectancy at 70 .

Can bottle drink 335ml at NTUC cost 50 cents .

Or recommend you go Jb buy at 30 cents after conversion.

Remember bottle drink only 285ml.

Hahahahaha

Song y y

Mind me asking roughly how many properties have you traded/vested. Also what is your approach when identifying a property for investment and giving returns? For example do you look for new / old properties? Residential, industrial etc?

Three of my local properties based on market value if sell today will return me about 1 million SGD exactly.

The combined monthly rent is $6900 exactly.

I have only bought new residential properties so far, and that is the category longest to reach the desired results.

I believe that if the category that breakeven the slowest is doable, any other categories work too.

Too many assumptions.

You have to take $1M to buy property fully paid up or buy equities fully paid up. No leverage.

If wanna talk leverage, you can leverage to buy equities too.

Catch the share price at the correct cycle, can double too. No need 30 years wait for en bloc.

The discussion is $1M where to put to get best bang for buck. Not whether property can make money or not. Rather can Property give the best results 3,5,10 or 20 years down the road?

Actually if we listened to bro Tenyawph, just buy Creative shares at $4 and sell the next day at $8 to $10. Overnight can double, overnight can also half. My stocks achieve more than 10% average annual growth for the last 10 years or so, but I always limit the liquidity I have as I do not trust my own emotions. 

What I propose is a slow sustainable wait for the 5-7% annually to work its magic timed with the time we expect to retire.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

1m. Invested 6% return . Let say $5000 passive income per month . Can retire correct?

1985 he shoould have bought a D10 bungalow with that money now should be easily 10m! Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

450K to 3.5M sounds really impressive....

but if you look at compounding returns, that is about 6.5% over 33 years.

AND that was over our GOLDEN period.......... am afraid this type of gains not possible going forward.

This is why many say that opportunities abound    ................. nong nong ago. Now the new normal is 2-3% gain.

• Praise 1

Three of my local properties based on market value if sell today will return me about 1 million SGD exactly.

I have only bought new residential properties so far, and that is the category longest to reach the desired results.

I believe that if the category that breakeven the slowest is doable, any other categories work too.

Actually if we listened to bro Tenyawph, just buy Creative shares at $4 and sell the next day at $8 to $10. Overnight can double, overnight can also half.

What I propose is a slow sustainable wait for the 5-7% annually to work its magic timed with the time we expect to retire.

5 to 7 % annual increase achieved by many and I must say those who did it will always point towards history to say  property is a sure bet. But we are talking about the heydays of our golden period.  

However Singapore's best days are over. In a mature economy, you cannot expect those returns for the next 3 decades. 

We had a LKY who was ahead of his time which allowed people to buy a condo a 450K and sell at 3M now. 

Now we have a team who is busy singing sorri sorri sorri.................  

Property is still doable, but only as part of my overall asset diversification plus I may not want to buy the cow cos I want to drink milk.   

• Praise 2

I maintain that it is still highly doable to achieve those rates.

In fact, without the cooling measures and TDSR coming in, today's prices will easily be some 30% higher without the rent following, and we would maybe be staring at sub 2% yields (maybe in HK right now).

LKY is a man with a vision but he always had his critics even in his heyday. My relatives cursed and swore even when they passing up the chances to buy landed / condo at yesterday's prices.

5 to 7 % annual increase achieved by many and I must say those who did it will always point towards history to say  property is a sure bet. But we are talking about the heydays of our golden period.  

However Singapore's best days are over. In a mature economy, you cannot expect those returns for the next 3 decades. 

We had a LKY who was ahead of his time which allowed people to buy a condo a 450K and sell at 3M now. 

Now we have a team who is busy singing sorri sorri sorri.................  

Property is still doable, but only as part of my overall asset diversification plus I may not want to buy the cow cos I want to drink milk.   

Hypersonic

Actually if we listened to bro Tenyawph, just buy Creative shares at $4 and sell the next day at $8 to $10. Overnight can double, overnight can also half. My stocks achieve more than 10% average annual growth for the last 10 years or so, but I always limit the liquidity I have as I do not trust my own emotions.

wah you started your investments 10 years ago ?

good timing.... everything uptrend in the last 10 years leh

The last two in consideration, one was bought in 2012 and the other bought in 2015.

If everything bought 10+ years ago, confirm today can retire loh...

wah you started your investments 10 years ago ?

good timing.... everything uptrend in the last 10 years leh

Hypersonic

The last two in consideration, one was bought in 2012 and the other bought in 2015.

If everything bought 10+ years ago, confirm today can retire loh...

no wonder so optimistic.... haven’t experienced any down cycle yet

• Praise 2

Not true leh, first property was before 2008.

I could loan max in 2009 but missed that too.

If my Math is correct, next purchase will be 2021-2023 after the next set of cooling measures after property spike for 3 years.

no wonder so optimistic.... haven’t experienced any down cycle yet

KNN lah, here is talk about million dollar cash in Bank and zero debt.

Not talking about debt big big and no money, like me ok.

Lagi not talking about Rental income $6900, but interest cost is $8000.

• Praise 3

The main question says, Anyone?

Which means you can interpret it in any way. Full debt or zero debt with that arrangement of 1 million dollars.

But the fundamental is why put a million dollar in bank, have zero debt, when there are a dozen ways to easily easily beat that arrangement??? Even T2 would not put that million in the bank, but perhaps prefer a hybrid system of property, equity and bonds.

How about take 300K out to loan for one property and the rest to distribute across other instruments if comfortable?

Why disallow anyone from sharing how they would distribute the sum? My figures are all based on recent transactions. Already got people offer at higher than the recent transactions but I am not looking to sell but just park the figures based on market values for reference.My interest to bank is about 25,000 per month, but the tenants return some 50,000 into the mortgage annually after removing other expenditure.

Not good? Do you advocate to sell then?

Edited by Showster

The main question says, Anyone?

Even T2 would not put that million in the bank, but perhaps prefer a hybrid system of property, equity and bonds.

LANJIAO ok!

My investments are my investments.

My cash is my cash.

What do you know?

Nimpei ignore you, you still want to use my name?

Edited by Throttle2

Lol i am always prepared to burn more to top up

Dont expect you to burn actual legal tender Singapore dollars for me.

Its ok lah.

Edited by Throttle2

1 million worth of asset and 1 million used to leverage is two different things here.

I cite an example, I bought shorted hang seng index back in 2007-8 for the good half of it , I borrow to the holt because the market continues continues to go against me. Only for me take back whatever I have lost and then some more. The return over that period of time is more than 20x based on initial amounts. So that also meant someone lost the amount since it is a zero sum game.

So if your idea is based on a leveraged items then it is apple to apple that net amounts you are talking about is far more than 1million. The risk is also different.

1 million worth of asset and 1 million used to leverage is two different things here.

I cite an example, I bought shorted hang seng index back in 2007-8 for the good half of it , I borrow to the holt because the market continues continues to go against me. Only for me take back whatever I have lost and then some more. The return over that period of time is more than 20x based on initial amounts. So that also meant someone lost the amount since it is a zero sum game.

So if your idea is based on a leveraged items then it is apple to apple that net amounts you are talking about is far more than 1million. The risk is also different.

You cite also no use lah, idiots wont get it.

I just realised why i ignored him in the first place.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement