Samsung Galaxy S9

Jman888

after playing with the S9 for 3 days, dun feel that exciting compare to the S7 Edge when i first gotten it. Technically it is only faster, but nothing special that make me want to play with it whole day, in fact i look at the phone lesser now   [laugh]

The S9 is smaller than S7 Edge thought it has a bigger screen (5.8" vs 5.5"), however, the narrow phone make it look even smaller. It is also thicker than the S7 but feel smoother to hold due to the full screen. Not very WOW over the camera, hardly use the features. The finger print located below the camera is a big plus compare to the front (many china phone already have that).

What else..... the face recognition works well but then it has pattern, finger, iris, face to unlock, who need so many ways to unlock the phone?

waiting for internet to see more hidden functions for the phone.

Any reason why buy Samsung and not OPPO or Xiaomi phones?

Samsung seems over priced but not sure if it is value for money.

Many functions probably never gonna use.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

after playing with the S9 for 3 days, dun feel that exciting compare to the S7 Edge when i first gotten it. Technically it is only faster, but nothing special that make me want to play with it whole day, in fact i look at the phone lesser now   [laugh]

The S9 is smaller than S7 Edge thought it has a bigger screen (5.8" vs 5.5"), however, the narrow phone make it look even smaller. It is also thicker than the S7 but feel smoother to hold due to the full screen. Not very WOW over the camera, hardly use the features. The finger print located below the camera is a big plus compare to the front (many china phone already have that).

What else..... the face recognition works well but then it has pattern, finger, iris, face to unlock, who need so many ways to unlock the phone?

waiting for internet to see more hidden functions for the phone.

Nowadays no need change phone regularly. Phones don't change much in 1 year. Need to skip more than 2 generations to feel significant difference.

Nowadays no need change phone regularly. Phones don't change much in 1 year. Need to skip more than 2 generations to feel significant difference.

Same here.. now using pixel 2 XL. Hardware enhancements seems to be slowing down.

what hidden functions you expecting ?  [sly]

told you  i knew they have secret features  [laugh]

It is so solid now and i can kill someone with the phone   :D

Samsung Galaxy S9 Secret Feature 'Confirmed'
MAR 13, 2018 @ 07:50 PM 9,147 
Gordon Kelly , CONTRIBUTOR
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

Samsung’s Galaxy S9 has bigger changes than you might expect, but the phone has been undermined by both devious carrier pricing and Samsung’s fine print. So some good news was due, and thankfully it has arrived… 

‘Secret Features’ and ‘Nasty Surprises’ are my regular columns investigating the best features / biggest problems hidden behind the headlines.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F
Samsung's Galaxy S9 has the Galaxy S9 Plus (right) are far more durable than their almost-identical predecessors

Credit goes to YouTube star and buddy of mine Zach Nelson, aka JerryRigEverything, who has confirmed my earlier analysis that the Galaxy S9 is actually a far more durable smartphone than its predecessor, the Galaxy S8.

In my breakdown, I explained Samsung had quietly upgraded the chassis with stronger aluminium, increased the metal rim to better protect against drops and thickened the screen glass to reduce cracks.

But until now benefits were only theoretical, so here’s what Zach’s real-world stress testing discovered:

Rock Solid Construction

The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus may have glass front and rear panels, but Samsung hasn’t skimped on any part of the phone’s construction. The buttons, grills and fingerprint sensor are all metal when the paint is scratched away.

Furthermore, even when heavily scratched with a blade the fingerprint sensor still works perfectly. That’s impressive.

Bend Test Champ

Samsung switched from AL 6013 to stiffer AL 7003 aluminium with the Galaxy S9 and it pays off. Even under extreme pressure there is no flex to the Galaxy S9 and this means it should last extremely well, even if you keep your phone in your back pocket (Don’t).

I’ve seen very few phones down the years withstand Zach’s bend test so well (some have snapped in half), and so Samsung’s results are doubly impressive given the Galaxy S9’s all-glass back.

Increased Water Resistance

On paper, Samsung has not changed the water resistance rating of the Galaxy S9 (IP68). But what the bend test revealed is, not only does the Galaxy S9 refuse to give at all under pressure, but neither do any of the seams, ports or grills. This means the watertight seals are not compromised, again something major rivals with similar IP68 protection cannot pass.

Brand New Heavies

In fact, there are only two downsides to the durability improvements Samsung made to the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.

Firstly, their increased durability adds significant weight. Secondly, the increased thickness of their structural components meant there was no room for Samsung to fit a larger battery, which has had led to predictable stagnation. But arguably the benefits and significant camera improvements make-up for it.

Now if only carriers can step into line, it looks like word of mouth has every chance of giving Samsung a formidable iPhone rival this year. Especially given Apple’s unwelcome price increases for the all-new iPhone X Plus...

• Praise 1

Just got my s9+.

Thought you were using S8?

My S9 died on 6th day [laugh] went vivo for a one for one exchange [sweatdrop]

S6. 3 generations already. Though my s6 still works. Keeping it as a spare phone

Congratulations!

Lol just a phone. Larger screen estate mostly the enjoyable benefit.

My s6 really served me well.

• Praise 1

S9 died while you were surfing in the toilet ?  [:p]

• Praise 1

Lol just a phone. Larger screen estate mostly the enjoyable benefit.

My s6 really served me well.

new phone mah. good reason to celebrate. 

I can only upgrade again in nov  :TT_TT:

new phone mah. good reason to celebrate. 

I can only upgrade again in nov  :TT_TT:

haha u upgrade yearly, then i feel really not much change. 

But customizing the phone to your preference really takes quite a while with android. Haha so many things u can change (i usually don't port over any apps or data from my old phones)

S9 died while you were surfing in the toilet ?  [:p]

not while surfing in toilet though (maybe due to that [laugh] ), HDD got corrupted and cause the 'encrypted password fail to unlock the phone'. Tried every ways to reset, master reset also cannot decrypt it. Even the service centre cannot solve so have to replace me a new set  [laugh]

Supersonic

haha u upgrade yearly, then i feel really not much change.

But customizing the phone to your preference really takes quite a while with android. Haha so many things u can change (i usually don't port over any apps or data from my old phones)

Can use the Samsung Smart Switch that came w the phone to port over everything. Easy peasy

Can use the Samsung Smart Switch that came w the phone to port over everything. Easy peasy

I'm old school. When i reformat my hdd or get a new computer/phone, i will start with a new slate.

It's troublesome but i use it as housekeeping and don't bring any legacy over to the new system.

As long as whatsapp remains the same which is an auto download from google drive once u verify it's a new system.

Anyway nowadays google stores so many things, including your webpages are ported as per normal.

I'm old school. When i reformat my hdd or get a new computer/phone, i will start with a new slate.

It's troublesome but i use it as housekeeping and don't bring any legacy over to the new system.

As long as whatsapp remains the same which is an auto download from google drive once u verify it's a new system.

Anyway nowadays google stores so many things, including your webpages are ported as per normal.

more for the sms, call history, notes, etc that are not under google account, during the smart switch, dun even hv to reset the wallpaper, position of the apps, everything appear as what you see in your old phone. 

↡ Advertisement