Traffic Offence saying I did an abrupt lane change can I appeal?

Sunnydays-006

Your car make maybe very atas atas one leh!

This actually happened to me.

On HSHW all SG cars got stopped.

I was doing 110 but still have to donate.

:D

This was before car cam n gps

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Agree with you

Recently got traffic speed summon and I don’t remember what speed I am driving at. They say exceed between 1-20km/h seriously 1km/h above speed limit?

I have now changed my driving habits to adhere to speed limit but get horned lots of times and also find many tailgaters

They didn’t indicate what speed I was at they are quite unfriendly. Like this is it take it or leave it

I think it’s a safety breach if someone keeps checking his speed everytime causing paranoia and anxiety

If you are driving at the speed limit on the shoulder or middle lane, why would anyone horn or tailgate you?  If you get horned "lots of times", my guess is you are probably on the overtaking lane.

Usually if you exceed limit by up to 10km/h, you won't get a summon or you can appeal and usually they will waive if you don't have a record, as you have correctly pointed out, one should not be constantly checking your speedometer.    

• Praise 5

I think some of you have missed the point of TS. Its not the interpretation of anyone lah. TPs are also human. An ok incident yeaterday might not be today cos last night no piak piak and early morning kenna grilled by boss..... I exaggerate, but you get the point

Ok, back to topic. Today an incident made me recall this thread. Driving today on left lane, spotted bus in front at bus bay. Immediately checked, signalled and moved to right lane (all under 1 sec) which was clear. Although lane was clear, could my actions be considered abrupt?

My memory may be foggy as its been more than 10 years but you have to check mirrors, signal, check blind spot, before changing lanes. If you can do that all under 1 second, you still have to account for your indicators flashing more than once, in order for motorists around you to react. 

• Praise 2

If complaint from Govt servant (cos they are very faithful, they will not go around accuse others wrongly)

Don't need video/photo also can charge u.

Not happy? See u in Court (their template slogan)

If Civilian complaint, must submit video/photo, sign idenmity letter.

Then police/gov agency will look into the case

So bloodied unfair.

Really injustice in the way they handle such case.

• Dislike 2

Anonymous : 5 Dislikes for Traffic Offence saying I did an abrupt lane change can I appeal?

Comment: Rubbish post.Report

Sent Today, 10:32 PM

Anonymous : 3 Dislikes for Traffic Offence saying I did an abrupt lane change can I appeal?

Comment: The garmen law is for you to follow ok, not challenge or question! <br />Tiu! 👎ðŸ¼Report

Sent Today, 09:00 PM

To the anonymous I do welcome your dislike. This meant to said indeed you do read my postings. However not willing to leave your nick its do show that you not so sure of your own stand. Or maybe like to do stabbing hiding inside someone skirt.

Hahahaha honestly seeing someone dislike my posts but signed as anonymous really tickle me. Saying you are sissy probably an insult to the female gender.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 9

Anonymous : 5 Dislikes for Traffic Offence saying I did an abrupt lane change can I appeal?

Anonymous : 3 Dislikes for Traffic Offence saying I did an abrupt lane change can I appeal?

Comment: The garmen law is for you to follow ok, not challenge or question! <br />Tiu! ðŸâŽðŸ¼Report

To the anonymous I do welcome your dislike. This meant to said indeed you do read my postings. However not willing to leave your nick its do show that you not so sure of your own stand. Or maybe like to do stabbing hiding inside someone skirt.

Hahahaha honestly seeing someone dislike my posts but signed as anonymous really tickle me. Saying you are sissy probably an insult to the female gender.ð

seems like the same anonymous guy disliking your posts? the anti Pool supporter...
  • Praise 6

Hi Bro,

Don't waste your time appealing.

I'm better than you.

I have the same situation like your BUT mine was with a TP behind me. He was 2 cars away from me and I filter to the right of the road with my signal on.

This B100dy TP accelerate to stay beside me.

He turn on his pi-por light asking to move to the side.

When i got off my car, i asked what ive done wrong.

He told me I caused him to brake abruptly.

I told him, my signal is out and the car is half on the next lane.

He accelerate to keep up closed to me, is it my fault?

Still he took down my particular and 2 weeks later, summon come.

Appeal with video to TP, failed.

Ending 'LL pay up with demerit points deducted.

So Bro, don't waste time appealing.

Liao si gan.

To be fair 2 cars away is actually not that big gap if driving at normal expressway speed. Do consider that 1st lane and 2nd lane cars also have speed difference most of the time. When change from lane 2 to lane 1 with some speed and only 2 car gap. Of coz tp will need to brake hard for you to go in. So that's the consideration.

What you could do is that signal already,check whether tp is it slowing down for you to change lane or maintain speed or pick up speed. If slow down then of coz you could change lane, if maintain speed, if right lane still faster then your current lane, of coz cannot change to right lane Lao. Wait for next opportunity. If increase speed, then that one of coz cannot change. These are in scenarios of 2 car gap distance..

So far my approach is that way, and almost 100% of the time no issue. If the lane I intended to change, car suddenly accelerate to cut me off let them be lor. I will wait for next one. If have more time, I will just continue to close side by side, those that accelerate abit or maintain normal speed will see my keep closing side by side, the cars behind it will take notice and 75% chance will back off, then that comes the opportunity lor. Like this less chance of drivers complaint because of abrupt lane change cause them to brake hard or jam brake.

Edited by Yewheng

@sunnydays-006

You under Yishun GRC?

If Yes, look for this MP

======================

SINGAPORE - Public servants need to be able to challenge their bosses and not be afraid to speak up and fight for changes that would better Singapore, said Mr Louis Ng (Nee Soon GRC) in his Budget debate speech on Tuesday (Feb 27).

"We need to make sure we don't have a public service filled with 'yes sir' men and women. To demolish this culture, we need to break our entrenched processes and bureaucracy," said Mr Ng. "We urgently need to cut the extremely long red tape that may be frustrating not just for members of the public but also our public servants."

In his closed-door sessions with public servants over the past year, two questions were always raised, recounted Mr Ng.

They are: "Will I get into trouble if I speak up and share my thoughts with you" and "Even if I meet you and share my thoughts, nothing will change so what's the point".

The second question is more troubling because it shows that the public servants have given up. "They are thinking: Why care? Why try, then get frustrated and then get upset for nothing?"

He said that many public servants he has spoken to fear a bad appraisal if they speak up, oppose their bosses' views and challenge the status quo.

"Hence, they don't speak up although their suggestions may in fact improve the lives of their fellow countrymen," he said.

He did not say how many of such sessions have been conducted, or how many public servants he has spoken to.

Mr Ng suggested a revamp of the public service appraisal system by studying those used in the private sector, citing Google's and Alibaba's, allowing for employees to review and grade their managers.

The current top-down approach, he said, does not incentivise risk-taking and innovation.

He also suggested having internal quality service managers in ministries and statutory boards who can follow up on internal feedback from public servants, similar to how existing quality service managers look into feedback from the public.

Mr Ng asked for more agencies to adopt the practice of having frequent staff meetings, where all levels of public servants have direct communication channels with senior management.

He said: "We urgently need to change this perception, change this system, recognise that we need to empower our public servants and ensure that the public service attracts superheroes and people who want to change the world."

• Praise 4

seems like the same anonymous guy disliking your posts? the anti Pool supporter...

I am thinking someone stalking me...I am a old men...not some syt!!! Don't stalk me!!!! Leave your nick and viewpoint so that we can all debate/discuss further.

Under this thread there are so many views. No right or wrong..for discussion purpose..none of us are capable of changing any rule/law anyway.

To the anonymous do share your view here for discussion purpose. Lah.

Don't like our TS receive summon (my case dislike) not knowing what he has done wrong. By the way I didn't install rear camera on my goggle chrome. Hahaha

Edited by Kopites

@sunnydays-006

You under Yishun GRC?

If Yes, look for this MP

======================

SINGAPORE - Public servants need to be able to challenge their bosses and not be afraid to speak up and fight for changes that would better Singapore, said Mr Louis Ng (Nee Soon GRC) in his Budget debate speech on Tuesday (Feb 27).

"We need to make sure we don't have a public service filled with 'yes sir' men and women. To demolish this culture, we need to break our entrenched processes and bureaucracy," said Mr Ng. "We urgently need to cut the extremely long red tape that may be frustrating not just for members of the public but also our public servants."

In his closed-door sessions with public servants over the past year, two questions were always raised, recounted Mr Ng.

They are: "Will I get into trouble if I speak up and share my thoughts with you" and "Even if I meet you and share my thoughts, nothing will change so what's the point".

The second question is more troubling because it shows that the public servants have given up. "They are thinking: Why care? Why try, then get frustrated and then get upset for nothing?"

He said that many public servants he has spoken to fear a bad appraisal if they speak up, oppose their bosses' views and challenge the status quo.

"Hence, they don't speak up although their suggestions may in fact improve the lives of their fellow countrymen," he said.

He did not say how many of such sessions have been conducted, or how many public servants he has spoken to.

Mr Ng suggested a revamp of the public service appraisal system by studying those used in the private sector, citing Google's and Alibaba's, allowing for employees to review and grade their managers.

The current top-down approach, he said, does not incentivise risk-taking and innovation.

He also suggested having internal quality service managers in ministries and statutory boards who can follow up on internal feedback from public servants, similar to how existing quality service managers look into feedback from the public.

Mr Ng asked for more agencies to adopt the practice of having frequent staff meetings, where all levels of public servants have direct communication channels with senior management.

He said: "We urgently need to change this perception, change this system, recognise that we need to empower our public servants and ensure that the public service attracts superheroes and people who want to change the world."

Would Mr Ng rate his PM (Pay Master) and speak up against him?

If not then it would just be TCSS....

• Praise 1

Would Mr Ng rate his PM (Pay Master) and speak up against him?

If not then it would just be TCSS....

Why ask questions you already have the answers to.

Did this fellow ask any impt questions during previously parly sessions? What about during the oxley qna?

Comment: The garmen law is for you to follow ok, not challenge or question! <br />Tiu! 👎ðŸ¼Report

Hahahaha honestly seeing someone dislike my posts but signed as anonymous really tickle me. Saying you are sissy probably an insult to the female gender.

• Praise 4

I think there’s a fallacy that as long as we have signaled our intent to switch lane, we have the right of way and others should give way. What we may have failed to realize is that there may be other vehicles in our blind spots or there may not be sufficient time for other motorists to react safely.

There was once I was flagged down by a traffic police officer right after I switched lane even though I had signaled. While he acknowledged that I had signaled in advance, he explained that there was not enough time for him to react in a safe manner and he had to apply brake, so I should have been more careful in checking the traffic behind me, especially that in my blind spot, before actually making the lane change. However, he was kind enough to let me off with just a verbal warning without even taking down my particulars. It was a lesson that has served me very well.

This is ONE fine example on 'how TP should react when faced in such situations at own discretion' EDUCATE!!! KUDOS!!! :a-m1212: but unfortunately not all TPs handle such situations like this....either u get  [inlove]  letter days later or get summon on the spot... :a-aggressive:

• Praise 1

My memory may be foggy as its been more than 10 years but you have to check mirrors, signal, check blind spot, before changing lanes. If you can do that all under 1 second, you still have to account for your indicators flashing more than once, in order for motorists around you to react.

Yup, that's what I meant. Even though there are no vehicles around me, i guess if an on-the-ball TP or LTA officer was on the opposite lane observing my manoeuvre, i might also receive love letter....

So verdict is... TS is sway! :D

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 3

Just checking. Are you driving a red Kia Carens?

I submitted a video of an adrupt lane change last month and last week tp asked for longer footage. So i sent over both my front in-car camera and told him i am willing to testify in court.

• Praise 7

Just checking. Are you driving a red Kia Carens?

I submitted a video of an adrupt lane change last month and last week tp asked for longer footage. So i sent over both my front in-car camera and told him i am willing to testify in court.

Just wondering: you still have footage in your cam/card after one month?

• Praise 1

Just wondering: you still have footage in your cam/card after one month?

Nope. But whenever i met with any incident, i save the footage from all my in-car camera. I have a 2Tb desktop storage hdd just for these footages.

Also a Toshiba 1Tb Wifi hdd for on the go back up of such footages. It has a SD card slot, just power on and insert the card and it backs up the whole card.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1